Unexpected

What did I ever do?
MIGHT TAKE LONG TO UPDATE FROM HERE ON! MY EXAMS ARE STARTING SOON! SORRY!

~AT THE HOSPITAL~


NO ONE'S POV

Kris and his mother walked into the hospital with worried faces, as they entered the hospital they rushed towards the front desk. “Hi, my partner was just recen- “Kris was cut off when he heard someone yell out his name. Turning his head towards the direction he heard his name he sees Kyungsoo came running their way with a distressed face. Worrying something may have gone wrong Kris took a deep breath in.

“Kris!” Kyungsoo yelled out as he ran towards the two. Releasing a deep breath

“Is everything okay? Did your Father actually plan to kill Tao? Are you okay?” Kyungsoo threw questions at him, hoping that everything was fine with him and his dad.

“It wasn’t my Father, my Grandfather set this whole thing up. I’m fine. But… How’s Tao is there something wrong? And how about Onew where is she?!’ Unable to hide his shock Kyungsoo mouth hung open as his eyes widened at the information he was told.

Kyungsoo quickly collected himself, his lips formed a thin line already showing Kris that he wasn’t going to get the news he wanted to get “Onew is fine, she had a few bruises and cuts. Tao on the other hand. He’s still the emergency room right now”

“Have you talked to any of the nurses? Is he going to be fine?”

“He might be, I don’t know anything. None of the nurses have answered any of my questions” Kyungsoo voiced his frustration with the whole situation before letting go a heavy sigh.

“Can you take us his room?” Kris’s mother asked. Kyungsoo nodded before he turned around and began walking towards the emergency room. Kris and his mother quickly followed along, the further they got into the hospital the quieter it was, their footsteps echoed down the hallway. As they progressed further into the hospital Kris couldn’t stop thinking about what if the situation decided to take a wrong turn. He prayed nothing was get any worse than it already is. His thoughts were abruptly stopped when he bumped into Kyungsoo. Looking up he see the emergency room, the red light above the room illuminating the in-use sign indicating that they were still operating on Tao.

Kris looked at the sign and sighed. “Do you think he’ll be fine?” Kris asked wanting comfort, not sure himself if he'll make it through.

“Don’t worry honey, He’ll be fine, he’s a fighter” Kris’s mother patted his back comfortingly

“They’ll be alright,” Kyungsoo said with a slight crack in his voice. He prayed that they would be fine. It would be unfair to Kris if they didn’t make.

“You guys should sit down, it has been a rough day. I’ll go down to the cafeteria to get us some coffee” Kris’s mother said before walking away.

Kyungsoo sat down and looked at Kris “Kris you should sit” he said with a quiet voice, he was tired, in fact, they were all tired.

“No, it’s okay...I can’t sit down right now. I’m restless” Kris paced back and forth from the hallway simultaneously looking up once in a while to see if the sign was still lit bright red. Kris was lost in thought as he paced through the hallway that he didn’t notice someone walking towards him. He roughly bumped into the other person. Looking down he saw Onew on the floor with tears in her eyes.

“Ouch!” Onew cried in pain as she fell onto the floor. She was wearing a hospital gown. Her body was decorated with bruises. Looking closely, he could see a man's shoe print on her calves. He winced at her wounds before gently picking her up and sitting her down on one of the waiting chairs.

“Onew, are you okay?” Kris kneeled down as he took Onew’s hands into his own. Kyungsoo came over and sat beside her.

“I’m okay…is…Umma okay?” Onew looked at Kris, relaxing into the seat as Kris made circles on her hands, it was comforting especially after tonight.

“We…we don’t know yet. The doctor hasn’t come out yet” Kris spoke in a quiet voice making sure his voice was steady so he wouldn’t alarm Onew.

“It’s my fault!” Onew cried out. Kris opened his mouth to say something but Kyungsoo beat him to it.

“it's, not your fault! Even though you helped your father get Tao you didn’t beat him. From what I heard and by looking at you, you stood up for Tao” Onew, continued to sob. “Bu-but! If I didn’t help my dad, he wouldn’t be in there right now!” Onew knew that even though it wasn’t purely her fault she still had something to do with it.

“You were brave! You protected Umma, you did all you could do. Don’t blame yourself. Umma won’t be mad, so don’t cry princess” Kris wiped away her tears before pulling her into his embrace. She cried into his shoulder.

“Did they doctor allow you to leave your room?” Kyungsoo looked at the girl concerningly.

“….no” Onew looked up towards Kyungsoo before guiltily lowering her head.

“Onew, why did you come here. You should be resting” Kris spoke to her in a stern voice as he frowned.

“I was worried about Umma,” Onew said as she played with her fingers

“You sho- “Kris was cut off when he heard someone come out of the emergency room.

His head shoot in the direction of the doors as he saw a doctor come out. He hurriedly got off of his knees

“Relative of Huang Zitao?” The doctor looked at them

“I’m his husband! How is he? How’s our baby!” Kris spoke frantically. The doctor gave Kris a small smile

“Your baby is fine, but since she’s such a small baby we’ll be keeping her in the hospital for a few weeks to see if she’s growing properly since she was born 2 months early”

“How is Tao?” Kris knew something happened. And judging by the look the doctor gave them it was bad.

“He’s doing okay, but he’s currently in a coma” Kris stared at the doctor in shock

“Coma?” His voiced crack with disbelief. Onew covers with her hands before she bursts into tears. Kyungsoo closed his eyes in frustration.

“He lost quite a lot of blood during the birth of your daughter, but don’t be alarmed. We don’t know how long he’ll be asleep for but we think his body is just healing from the trauma and blood loss. There is still some hope. We will be assessing him overnight if you want to see your daughter you can check in the nursery wing” The doctor patted his on his shoulder before moving on to his next patient.

“Tao’s in a coma…” Kris covered his face as he felt tears traveling down his face. Kris’s mother returned with coffee. Looking at everyone’s grim face she turned to Kyungsoo. “What happened? What’s going on?” She spoke fastening her steps towards the group. She prepared herself for some back news

“Tao and the baby are fine, but they baby will be kept in the hospital for a few weeks, and Tao….is currently in a coma” Kris’s mother face morphed into a concern as she walked towards Kris. She put the coffee down before hugging him

“Kris, honey, don’t cry. They’re both fine, and that’s all that matters"

Kyungsoo gently pulled Onew into his embrace. He knew she needed comfort right now. Even though people experience misfortunes every day you never really understand the true pain until you’re the one to experience it. And unfortunately, despite them being okay, they just never know if something may unexpectedly happen. And he didn’t think anyone would be prepared to take that pain when it comes.

 


 

 

Please comment and subscribe. Comments make me for motivated. Thank you for reading!