Living with it (We'll always be friends)

If only I could see you

No one's POV: 

"Hey Mrs Lim is Hui-Fen ready for school?" asked Lay as he called for Hui-Fen like he did every morning "Not today Yixing" her mum replied "Oh, how about tomorrow?" he asked and Mrs Lim sighed, she couldnt tell the boy she wasn't going to school for a while now because... well he wouldnt understand right now... "Maybe" she replied smiling as Lay waved goodbye and made his way to school. "Who was that?" asked Hui-Fen as the doctor finished checking her over "Yixing" replied her mum as her doctor called her into the hallway "This perplexes me just as much as you and her, she has completly lost her sight... did she in the past few weeks end up with dirt or chemicals in them?" he asked as Mrs Lim shook her head and the doctor sighed. "Hui-Fen, we're going to be learning brail" her mum said "What's that?" asked Hui-Fen "It will help you to be able to understand what is written down in books and stuff like that" replied her mum as Hui-Fen nodded and from that moment  forward the Lim family had to completly change their ways to accomodate for Hui-Fen. 

"Hui-Fen wanted to see me?" asked Lay as Mr Lim let him and his family in "She's up in her room Yixing" Mrs Lim said as he made his way up there. "What's happened?" asked his mum "She's lost it" replied Mrs Lim "Lost what?" asked Lay's dad "Her sight" replied Mrs Lim as she cried and Lay's mum went over to hug her. "Why weren't you in school today?" asked Lay as he walked into her room and was confused when she didnt turn tface him and instead stared straight ahead as her hand ran over the brail she had been taught "It's gone" she said as Lay went to sit next to her "What is?" he asked "My sight... it went this morning" she said as she fought back tears "Oh" was all Lay could say as Hui-Fen nodded and began to cry. "Why are you crying?" he asked "B-because you'll never want to be f-friends with me now" replied Hui-Fen "Why do you think that?" he asked "Because nobody wants to be friends with a blind person" she said "Dont say that" Lay shouted and it made her jump. "Just because you're now blind doesnt mean you'll never be the same Fe-Fe I grew up with, you just have to get use to it like I will" he said "Really?" she asked "Of course, we'll always be friends Hui-Fen" he said as Hui-Fen smiled and reached out until she felt his neck and hugged him as he hugged her back. 

------- 

*present day*

"That's good Chen" said Hui-Fen as Chen managed to get through a peice she had written for beginners "You really think that was good?" he asked as Hui-Fen nodded "Just be sure to keep practicing at home" she said as she began the next peice for him to play to her. "What time is it?" she asked "6:50" replied Chen "Well I guess that's it for today" she said as Chen began to help her pack away "How do your friends find it with you being blind?" he asked "Well I've ever really had one friend, we grew up together and at first he found it weird that I went from being able to go everywhere with me and playing with each other all the time to him helping me just get on a swing" replied Hui-Fen. "So he's been really supportive?" asked Chen as Hui-Fen smiled "Yeah he has" she said. 

"He must be a really great friend" he said "Yeah he is" replied Hui-Fen 'But I wish we were more...' that was when there was a knock at the door "Ready to go?" asked Lay as he entered the room and found Hui-Fen with Chen "I thought mum was picking me up?" asked Hui-Fen "She got caught up in work so asked me to pick you up" replied Lay as he continued to stare at Chen as he walked to the door. "I'll see you tomorrow Hui-Fen" he said "Bye" she replied and as Lay watched Chen walk down the hall he felt jealous... but he didnt know why... "You still here?" asked Hui-Fen "Hm? Yeah sorry, ready to go?" replied Lay as Hui-Fen nodded and he walked over to her, linked arms with her and helped her to the car. 

As Lay helped her in and got into his seat Chen was watching them from far away 'So he's the best friend she was talking about?' he thought to himself as he watched the car drive away 'I'll have to make sure he doesn't get in the way' and with that he walked of home planning his attack in two days time... 


Quick question(s):

How have you been finding this story so far? and are the chapters boring? 

Please talk to me... you're very quiet :(