Reunion

If only I could see you

???'s POV: 

"Is this correct?" asks a student as he begins to play the tune I taught him earlier and I listen to him play "Perfect" I say as I hold my hand out and he high-five's me "I'll see you next week" he says to me as I nod and hear the door shut behind me. As I begin to pack away my phone rings as I answer it "I'm going to be a bit late, the traffic is horrible tonight" says mum as I laugh and tell her its fine before hanging up, I guess if she's going to be late I have a chance to play a bit on the piano. As I begin to play the song I get lost in the music and I know from previous comments that my head is probably swaying along to the tune but do I really care? No not really. Soon I decide to finish and continue to pack away "That was lovely" I hear someone say and I jump feet... when did they get in here "Th-thank you" I reply "You can turn around to talk to me... I wont bite" says the voice "Well there isnt really a point for me to turn around... I havent been able to see since I was ten years old" I reply to them "Can I at least see your face?" they ask as I think for a moment... why not.... and slowly I begin to turn around. 

"What's your name?" they ask "H-Hui-Fen" I reply and there's a pause for a moment "Lim Hui-Fen?" they ask as I nod... how do they know my name? "How do you know my name?" I ask them "You really dont recognise my voice?" they ask as I shake my head "Come on now Fe-Fe surely you would recognise your best friends voice" they say and there is only one person I know who calls me Fe-Fe. "Yixing?" I ask "The one and only" he says as I smile and slowly get up before slowly walking away from the piano in the hopes of finding him. 

Lay's POV: 

"Yixing?" she asks... finally she remembers me "The one and only" I say as she smiles... since I've last seen her she's changed... a lot! Then she begins to get up and slowly makes her way towards me but at the rate she's walking she'll never get to me so I walk towards her until she bumps into me and then she runs her hands my arms until she find my neck and hugs me as I hug her back "When did you get here?" she asks as we break the hug "Earlier" I reply as she nods "How have you been?" I ask her "Fine, I've learnt to live my life being blind and now I teach so my life couldnt be any better" she says before asking "How has life been for you then Mr. Popular?" as I laugh. "It's been hard but so worth it in the end" I say as she nods and smiles. "How long has it been since we last heard from each other" she asks "Around four years" I say "Time really flies" she says as I nod... then remember she wont be able to see me nod "Yeah it has" I say as she smiles and then there's a knock at the door. 

"Enter" she says as her mum walks into the room "Oh Yixing, nice to see you again" she says as I nod in reply "How long have you two been chatting for then?" she asks "About five minutes" I say as her mum goes to get her stuff and then takes her hand. "Maybe you can visit tomorrow?" asks Hui-Fen "I would love to" I say as she smiles and waves goodbye as she leaves with her mum. "I was about to send your father out looking for you" says mum as I rejoin her and dad at our table "Sorry, I bumped into Hui-Fen" I reply "What was she doing here?" asks dad "She teaches piano here" I say as he nods "Not bad" he says and at that point our food arrives. As we begin to eat I cant help but think back to Hui-Fen and our last meeting before I went to Seoul... 

*flashback*

"Come in" said Hui-Fen's voice as Lay knocked on her door "Hey" he said as Hui-Fen smiled upon hearing his voice. "All packed and ready to go?" she asked as Lay sat next to her "Yep" he said as she nodded "It's going to be quiet without you here" she said as she laughed quietly "I'll still keep in touch with you" replied Lay "Why? I'm not that useful... and people would probably bully you because you're friends with a blind person" she said as Lay's eyes widened. "Dont say that, you are perfectly capable of anything... blind or not you just have to believe in yourself and if anyone bullies me I'll simply tell them where to go" he said as Hui-Fen "You really think I can do good to this world?" she asked "I know so" he said as she reached over and hugged him. "Promise me you'll come back to visit?" she asked as Lay hugged her back "I promise" he replied and that was the last time the two friends saw each other for over four years... 

For Lay it was the start of a brand new adventure in a world he never thought existed and for Hui-Fen she stuck to Lay's words about her doing something amazing in life and both of them managd to live their dreams...