Mishaps in the rain

If only I could see you

No one's POV: 

As the two of them began to walk home the mood was generally calm as they joked around and had a laugh, for Lay he had completly forgotten about the incident beforehand. As evening began to creep in the wind began to pick up a bit and Hui-Fen began to shiver "Cold?" asked Lay as she nodded and wrapped her cardigan around her, Lay then took of his jacket and wrapped it around her. "Arent you going to get cold?" she asked as Lay zipped it up and they continued walking, "Better me than you" he said and at that comment Hui-Fen smiled before linking arms with him again and continued walking down the road. 

When they were about five minutes away from Hui-Fen's house there was a sudden roar of thunder in the sky before the heavens opened up above them and the rain came pouring down. "You can have this back" Hui-Fen said as she tried to take her jacket of but Lay stopped her and pulled the hood up "Leave it on" he said as he took her hand and led her down the road quickly.
"I dont think your manager will be impressed if you get ill" she said as Lay grinned 'Aww she's worried about me' he thought. 

At that moment a bus came shooting by and sprayed water all over them as they stood there shocked before bursting out laughing and people who were walking past the two of them gave them weird looks. "I guess we'll both catch a cold" said Lay and again the two of them began to laugh like mad people "Reminds me of the huge water fights we had when we were younger" said Hui-Fen as she laughed and Lay turned to face her to say something. When he saw how she looked in the rain her features were hightened which made her even more beautiful than she was and once again his heart began to race. 
"You still here?" she asked when it went silent and Lay took a deep breath in. 
'Now or never' he thought to himself as he turned Hui-Fen so she was facing him "What's wrong?" she asked and that was when she felt Lay kiss her lightly on the lips. 

For that one moment, Hui-Fen thought she was in heaven, she had to be because there was no way in reality that Lay would just randomly kiss her. But as the kiss ended and she felt the rain continue to splash onto them... she knew it was real... and he had just kissed her. "W-we should get going" was the first thing she could say as Lay agreed and took her arm as he led her back to her house and into warmth. When they got through the door none of them said anything, it was VERY awkward for the two of them... "Here, you can go hang this up over the bath to dry" Hui-Fen muttered as she handed Lay his jacket and heard him walk away as she felt around for the cupboard they kept the towels and got one out waiting for his return. When Lay re-entered the room a towel was chucked onto him as Hui-Fen felt around for his face and began to dry it, when Lay looked at her she was blushing. 

"What are you blushing for?" he asked her as she shook her head "I'm not blushing" she replied as her cheeks began to darken even more
"So... are we going to talk about what happened before?" he asked as she moved to his hair for a bit 
"Why did you kiss me?" she asked 'Ah... here we go...' "Did you just do it because it was a spur of the moment kind of thing?" she asked 'Wait... what' Lay thought as Hui-Fen started to become angry. 
"N-no I didn't do it because of that" he said as Hui-Fen rolled her eyes "Well when were you going to tell me you liked me then?" he snapped at her as her eyes widened. 
"How did you know?" she whispered "Your mum told my mum and she told me" replied Lay as Hui-Fen sighed "And I was going to ask you about it the night Chen attacked you but obviously... he got in the way" he added and Hui-Fen paused for a moment before continuing to wipe him with a towel. As she ran it over his face her fingers touched his lips and she quickly pulled them away and handed him the towell. 

"Finish yourself of" she said as she slowly made her way over to sit down and Lay was going to go over and help her but at that moment the front door opened and her parents walked in "Hui-Fen we're back" called her mum as Lay took a suitcase of her and carried it into the living room. 
"How's grandpa?" asked Hui-Fen 
"Still the clumsy man he is but he's doing well" replied her dad as Hui-Fen smiled and her mum turned around to face Lay. 
"Thank you for taking care of her" she said "N-no problem, I'll be going now" he said as he walked out and shut the door behind him and Hui-Fen tried to fight back tears 'Stupid boys'