I hear thunder

If only I could see you

No one's POV: 

There was only four days left until Lay had to leave to return to Exo activities, he was loving the time he was spending with his family but since the day he kissed Hui-Fen the two of them hadn't spoken to each other. Of course both of their parents had picked up on this and thought nothing of it because it was natural that friends argued and eventually made up but for the two of them it was a lot more complicated. "Are you sure you're going to be alright here by yourself for the night?" asked Hui-Fen's mum as she and Hui-Fen's dad were getting ready to go out to a meal her father's work had planned for the night "I'm sure" replied Hui-Fen as her mother mouthed something to her father and the two of them left. 

Hui-Fen was sat there practicing on her piano and it had begun to rain outside once again outside, as she sat there listening to it she couldn't help but think back to the other day when Lay had kissed her and then told her he knew she liked him for quite a while... if he knew why didn't he tell her earlier instead of the two of them getting into an argument? As she went back to playing there was suddenly a loud roar and crash in the sky and then the rain beagn to pound onto the floor outside as Hui-Fen jumped, then the roar came again and Hui-Fen cowered under the piano and quickly clasped her hands over her ears to drown out the noise... if there was one thing she hated it was thunder and lightning... and tonight nobody was here to comfort her and take her fears away as she began to cry. That was when she felt someone pull her out of her hiding place and hug her as she hugged them back and cried into their chest... she didn't care who they were she just wanted them to take her fear away. Meanwhile Lay lifted her up and carried her into the living room where he sat down and cuddled her as she continued to cry. 

------- 

Lay and his parents were sat down eating when there was a knock at the door and Lay went to answer it. "Oh hello Yixing" said Mrs Lim as he opened the door "I something wrong?" he asked as she shook her head. 
"We're going out for a while and wont be back until late at night, Hui-Fen is home alone and apparently a storm is coming in tonight so can you please do us a HUGE favour and go check to see if she's alright if the storm does roll in?" she asked as Lay hesitated for a moment 
"Please, I know you two aren't talking right now but you know what she's like" her mum said as Lay nodded and she thanked him before leaving. 

After the family had eaten, Lay was in his bedroom reading and from outside he could hear Hui-Fen play her piano and the rain falling gently outside. That was when there was a roar of thunder and a crack of lightning before the rain fell furiously, the music from Hui-Fen's stopped playing and he knew that she must have been scared and hesitated for a moment before running out of his house and to Hui-Fen's. Luckily the door was unlocked so he simply stepped in and began to search for Hui-Fen, that was when he heard sobs coming from nearby and then he found Hui-Fen crying under her piano and he quickly pulled her out and hugged her as she continued to cry. 

-------

The rain continued to fall and Hui-Fen managed to calm down a bit as Lay rubbed her arm to comfort her, that was when another roar of thunder came and Hui-Fen jumped before her breathing began to accelerate and Lay knew he head to do something to calm her down. So he decided to sing- 

I hear thunder, I hear thunder,
Oh don't you? Oh don't you? 
Pitter-patter raindrops, 
Pitter-patter raindrops 
Im wet through, 
So are you. 

"Yi-Yixing?" Hui-Fen asked as Lay finished singing and he squeezed her arm as she hugged him "I'm sorry" she said as she began to cry again and Lay hugged her tightly 
"No I'm sorry" he said as he kissed her forehead and soon the thunder stopped and Hui-Fen had fallen asleep in Lay's arms as he carried her to her bed. As he turned around to leave he felt Hui-Fen tug on his hand "Don't leave until mum and dad come back" she said as Lay sat on the end of the bed and Hui-Fen continued to hold his hand. 
"How long have you known?" she asked "For a while now" replied Lay as Hui-Fen nodded
"Why didn't you tell me you knew?" she asked "Because I asked my mum and she told me to wait until you felt comfortable enough to tell me" replied Lay. 

"And what about you?" asked Hui-Fen as Lay looked at her confused "What do you mean?" he asked 
"Do you like me?" she asked 'Well if he kissed me... he has to like me... right?' 
Meanwhile for Lay his eyes widened as he heard that question... he wasn't expecting her to ask him that question... did he like her? 
"Get some sleep, you need it" he said and Hui-Fen's heart dropped as she heard his answer 'He doesn't like me' she thought as she closed her eyes and tried to go sleep that was when she felt Lay kiss her hand and then her forehead before whispering "Goodnight" and she smiled before going of to dreamland.