... huh?

If only I could see you

Lay's POV:

"You like him dont you?" I hear her mum ask and my heart begins to race... does she like me? "I think so" I hear her say... huh? She likes me? But this is Hui-Fen the girl who said she had no time for boys when she was younger and now she likes me... HUH? "When did you start liking him?" Mrs Lim asks her... yes I would like to know that to "I dont know, I never use to like him when I was younger because we're best friends but... well... lately whenever he talks to me I get all nervous and begin to stutter and then whenever I hear his voice my heart begins to race" she says... wow... she really does like me... 

"Are you alright?" asks mum "Yeah why?" I ask her "Because you've hardly touched your food" she says and when I look down she's right "What's wrong?" she asks as dad stops eating to listen and before I can answer my phone goes of "Have to take this" I say as I rush out and answer the call. "He-" I begin before Luhan shouts down the other end "YOU'RE DATING SOMONE?!?"... oh boy... "Luhan" I began but he interrupts me again "HOW DO YOU THINK THE FANS WILL REACT THEY'LL MURDER THE POOR GIRL", "First of all she's not my girlfriend" I say "And... eh? But you two were seen holding hands" he says as I sigh "She's my childhood friend and the reason I was holding her hand is because she's blind" I say as I hear him gasp a little "Oh, guess I should tell the others to stop panicing then" he says "Yes you should" I say "Ok bye then" he says and hangs up... that guy.. seriously... "Who was that?" asks mum "Luhan, he was freaking out because he's finally read the article about me and Hui-Fen" I reply as I try to eat some food. 

(song for this part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsSBwykoF9g&feature=fvwrel) 

As I step outside I sigh as the cold hits me and I breath in the fresh air... I came here for a holiday but its turning out to be quite stressful and my best friend likes me! From her house I can hear her play the piano and the song is very nice and relaxing and I cant help but smile as I remember the times where she would sit there teaching me... and getting aggitated with me at the same time... 

*flashback* 

"No it's like this" said Hui-Fen as she taught Lay the right keys for the song and he played it back to her correctly "That's it" she said as he finished and smiled "You should become a music teacher" he said as Hui-Fen thought for a moment. "You really think so?" she asked as Lay nodded "Either that or a pianist at concerts, you would be brilliant" he said "But would anyone come to watch me?" she asked "I would" he replied as Hui-Fen looked at him "Really?" she asked "Of course, you're my best friend, I'm sure if I ever became famous you would come watch me" he said as Hui-Fen smiled and nodded. 

"Let's make a deal out of it then" she said as she held out her hand and Lay shook it before she ran her hand along some notes on the piano "Back to teaching you then" she said as Lay rolled his eyes and re-joined her "Dont roll your eyes, if I want to become a teacher I have to be good" she said as the two began to laugh. 

*end of flashback* 

"What are you doing out here?" asks mum as she joins me "Grabbing some fresh air" I say as we listen to Hui-Fen continue to play "She's good" mum says "Very good" I add as she sighs. "Her mum came to see me a minute ago to tell me Hui-Fen finally told her who she likes" she says "I know, it's me" I say as her eyes widen "How do you know?" she asks "I overheard the two of them talking earlier" I say as she nods. "What now?" she asks "What can you do? She likes me... but it's weird because it's Hui-Fen and well..." I say "You dont like her back do you?" she asks as I shake my head "Well she doesnt know you know, so just go easy on her when she does eventually tell you ok?" she says as I nod and Hui-Fen finishes her song "Come on let's get inside before we freeze" she says and I walk in behind her...