Living like this

If only I could see you

Hui-Fen's POV: 

Being blind... it isnt easy and it comes with its challenges but I guess that without these challenges life is just going to be boring, right? I wasnt always blind, up until the age of ten I could see perfectly and even my opticians said I had the most perfect vision around, then day by day my vision started to get worse and nobody could really explain why until one day I woke up and I was completly blind.... I knew it was going to happen one day... but when it did it came as a HUGE shock to me and my family. "Hui-Fen, Yixing is here to see you" says dad as he knocks on my bedroom door "Let him in then" I say as I put my brail book next to me and hear the door open and someone sit next to me on my bed "The last time I was in here was when I was coming to say goodbye to you" says Yixing as I smile at the memory "And you promised me you would come back and keep in touch" I reply "I kept my promise didnt I?" he asks as I nod and I'm pretty sure he's grinning to himself knowing him. 

"What do you want to do today?" I ask him "I dont know, what do you want to do?" he asks as I sigh... typical Yixing "How about we go out for a walk" I say "Are you sure?" he asks "Yeah it will be fun" I say as he passes me my coat and I link arms with him "Where do you want to go?" he asks once we're outside "To the park" I say as he leads me there. I'm not really bothered on not being able to see, but if there is one thing I could wish for right now it would be to see what I look like now and to see if I've matured into a young beautiful woman... and to see how Yixing looks because the last time I saw him he was a sweet innocent looking boy who if he kept how he looked like then now, would surprise me a lot. "How would you describe the way you looked now?" I ask him as he helps me to cross the road "Why are you asking this all of a sudden?" he says as I shrug my shoulders "Cant a girl ask some questions when she's curious?" I ask him as he laughs then suddenly wraps his arms around me, "What are you doing?" I ask him as I try to get out of his grip "Helping you over some steps" he replies "Oh" I say as I begin to blush as he lifts me up and soon I take it we're at the park. 

"Remember the stuff we use to do on these?" he asks as I feel the stuff in front of me, its the swings "How could I forget, they use to be our sort of castle and you broke your hand falling of them once" I say smiling "Dont remind me" he says as I laugh. "Sit down and I'll push you" he says as he guides me to sit down and I hold on "Not to high" I tell him as he begins to softly push "Is that alright for you?" he asks as I nod and he continues to push me. Ever since I lost my sight the sense of touch has become hightened so the feel of the wind against me feels very nice, suddenly the swing becomes faster and I go FLYING in the air "What are you doing?" I ask him as he begins to laugh "Stop it I'm going to fall" I say my grip tightens "No you wont" he says "HOW DO YOU KNOW" I shriek as it gets faster, "Because I'll catch you" he says... yeah right! As I come back down again I can feel myself slipping and falling... great... just as I expect my to hit the floor I feel his arms wrap around me and keep me up "Told you I would catch you" he says and usually in the past I would have hit him and called him an idiot but at that moment my heart was racing... and I have no idea why... 

"You alright?" he asks as I nod and he helps me to stand up properly "I'll take you to sit on a bench and then I'll go get us some ice cream ok?" he asks as I nod and sit down "I'll be back in a minute" he says and soon it's quiet... very quiet... before I am scared stiff by my phone going of as I feel around for it and press the answer button "Where are you?" asks mum as I answer it "I'm at the park with Yixing, he left a note for you" I say as I hear her sigh "Be careful" she says "Dont worry I will" I reassure her as we end the conversation. That's when I feel someone trip on my feet "Sorry" I say as I bow to them "No, no it's my fault" they say and I'm sure they bow back and then it becomes quiet again. "Here you go" says Yixing a while later as I reach out and he passes me an ice cream and in the process our fingers brush past each other and my heart skips a beat... why am I feeling likw this?