Chapter 8

Should I trust him?

"Hey So Hee, I can't go home with you today, I have to help my mom with groceries... That means, you'll have to go alone without me then..." Hyeri said, apologetic.

"It's alright... I'll just take a bus or something..." I said with a giggle.

"Alright... Be careful on your way home..." Hyeri waved and went off.

I was walking to the school's entrance when I heard water dropping to the ground.

*Oh my gosh, it's raining...* 

I sighed. I didn't bring an umbrella, and it's heavily raining. Can this be any worse??

I realized the bus was at the bus stop.

I quickly ran to the bus stop. I didn't care about the rain, I just had to take the bus. 

Before I enter, the bus door already closed.

I shouted loud, so that the driver can hear me, but unfortunately for me, he didn't.

I started banging the bus door, but the driver didn't hear me and drove off.

I was so upset and wet. How could this happen to me??

The bus went off and left me here, alone and wet.

*This cannot be happening...*

I went to the bus stop. I sat down there. At least there is shelter.

Then, lightning and thunder came.

I covered my ears and prayed at the same time.

But after 30 minutes, nothing happened.

Rain pouring heavily, lightning flashing brightly and dangerous and the thunder was as loud as ever.

*Worse day ever!!* I screamed in my head.

I decided to just walk home and wash up everything, since it's NOT THAT far.

Then, I found an old newspaper lying on the bench.

I quickly took it and covered my head with the newspaper and ran for my life.

 


"Where is this girl?? It's raining and pouring outside and she haven't even came home yet..." L said, worried and scared at the same time.

Then, I opened the door.

Yes, I was wet, sick, disgusting, mad and upset.

"OH MY GOODNESS!!! What happened to you??" L worriedly said and check my body.

"I'm alright... I just need some rest and I have to clean up for a bit..." I said with a faint smile and rushed to the bathroom.

After washing up, I found myself sneezing for the 18th time.

"I can't be sick right??" I asked myself, worried.

*It's possible SO HEE!!! You were under the pouring rain for more than 30 minutes...*

"Huhu..." I faked cried and lied down on my bed.

"ACHU!! ACHU!!!" I sneezed and sniffled.

I guess I have runny nose.

"I think I need some water to cool myself down..." I mumbled to myself.

Before I opened my bedroom door, L opened the door and quickly handed me water.

"I heard you sneezing a lot... I guess you need water... Let me check your forehead..." L said and put his hand on my forehead.

*OMO!!! He's touching my forehead!!! This is a dream...* I dreamily thought and smiled.

"Oh my gosh... You have fever... Let me get you a wet towel..." L said.

"L... No need... I can handle it myself..." I said to him.

"Nonsense... You need someone to take care of you... I'll be the one..." L said and quickly rushed off.

*What is this feeling??? My heart keeps on thumping whenever I'm with him or we do skinship... It's weird...*

 


L came back to my bedroom with a pail of water and a towel in his hands.

"Here... Lie down on the bed..." L said.

I nodded and did as I was told.

I looked at him. *Is this love or is it just a minor thing?? Neh~ I'm sure it's just a minor thing...*

I looked at him again. He looked serious and worried.

*Is he worried about me?? Does he do this to every girl he dates?? Hmmmpphhh... Very confusing...*

Then, L took the towel and placed it on my forehead.

I smiled at him and mouthed to him 'Thank You'.

He nodded and smiled and looked at me.

His eyes were full with care, concern, worried and what??? Lust???

*Haha... That will never happen, So Hee... Get your mind up!!* 

L checked my temperature again.

"Looks like you will not be going to school..." L said.

"But... School, work, home, work, class-"

"It's alright.. It's just one day... It's best you don't go... People might be too worried about you..." L said.

I nodded and closed my eyes and slept.

 


L's P.O.V

*I wonder why I care for her so much... Why was I so heart-broken when I saw her drenched in rain?? Why did I feel like we're the only ones in the world?? Why do I feel like when she's smiling, I'll smile too?? Neh~ I'm just happy, friendly and helpful...*

But then I realized.

*But it can be love too...*