Chapter 5 - Apparition and The Second Encounter

Super Natural [HIATUS]

For days Lizzy hadn’t taken or drank any blood. She was lying on her bed; she felt so weak and pale white. Jooyeon went out to borrow some books at the public library, so she was left by herself at their condo.

“I-I need blood…” She slowly moved out on her bed and headed to the kitchen. She grabbed the glass on the table then she opened the tap. She drank the whole glass of water, but it didn’t lessen the fact that she was still in need of blood. Her eyes turned into blue and the two pairs of blue flames that formed horns appeared on her head.

“I have no choice I need to go out and find it somewhere before I will lose my sanity in this place.” She quickly wore her skinny jeans, a simple black tee, she tied her hair up and she wore a black cap. She didn’t even bother to do the other stuff such as putting her wig or thickening her eyebrows. It was dark outside when she headed out. She went at the rooftop to have a good way of searching of her victim for the night. Her eyes shone in the dark if she couldn’t control her blood thirst anymore. Her eyes would never go back to its usual colour until she quenched her thirst. She tried to hide her blue horns with all she got. Fortunately, she managed to hide them with her own will power.

 

“Damn it! Why am I seeing all of these dead people around me?! I haven’t seen them before, I’m going crazy!” Nana sat on the corner of her bed. She grabbed the sides of her hair not knowing what to do.  She dialed her best friend’s number, but her best friend wasn't answering her phone. It went on for days since after she registered herself at the university. During that late afternoon she started to see the unknowns that she hadn’t seen before.

 

Flashback

“Thank god, I can rest now. Thanks, for dragging me, Nana.” Raina jumped on the sofa and rested herself as she quickly fell asleep. Nana only shook her head and she made her way to the kitchen. While she was preparing some snacks for herself. She heard faint sobs near at the glass sliding doors where that led to the garden. It sounded like a girl, maybe the voice was somewhere around her age. At first she checked on Raina at the living room who was sounded asleep and there was no signs of her crying. Then it started giving her chills on her body. The sobs were getting louder and louder supposed to be Raina could hear that loud cry. Raina should be yelling at the living room by that time, but she wasn’t.

She was silent; she went back to the kitchen from where she could hear the sounds more clearly. The kitchen was facing the sliding doors and her eyes were searching for that mysterious sound. She gasped as soon as she saw the girl near at the sliding doors. The girl stopped crying, but she never dare to looked at Nana and she continued sobbing from where she was at.  She was wearing a white shirt and black short shorts and Nana hadn’t seen that girl before. The girl was sitting on the floor while her arms were hugging her knees and her face was facing the wall to her right.

Nana reluctantly approached her slowly and when she stopped on her side. She asked her with the sense of fear on her voice.

“M-miss, how d-did you get in here?” Nana was sure that she locked all the doors and the windows before she left the house. But the girl in white shirt was somewhat creepy. The girl titled her head to the left and was reaching to grab Nana’s legs. Nana stepped backwards; she wanted to scream but no sounds came out.

“H-help me….” When Nana blinked, she saw the girl’s tears turned into blood and her hand that was reaching for her legs were covered in blood. Nana noticed that the half of her face got burned. Then Nana fell on the floor crying and screaming. Raina woke up from her sleep and she ran immediately to where her best friend was.

“Aaaaaaahhhh! Aahhhhhhhhhh!”

“Nana! What’s happening there?!” Raina sat next to her and shook her a little bit. “Nana!” Raina was so worried to her best friend’s behaviour in the middle of that late afternoon. Nana looked at her while trembling and she pointed near at the glass door. Raina followed her hand where she was pointing at and she didn’t see anything unusual.

“Huh? Nothing’s there.”

“B-but I saw a bloody girl that w-was sitting s-sitting.” She trembled in fear.

“Nana, are you okay? No one is there, it's an empty floor. Don’t make up jokes.”

“R-raina I’m not!” Raina hadn’t seen her best friend like that.

“Help me..” She could feel a cold breath next to her right ear. She slowly turned her head.

“Ahhhh!” She jumped a little which made Raina scream too. She sobbed painfully to where she was.

“Yah! Im Nana I can’t leave you like this I’ll stay with you for the night and we can talk about it.”

End of Flashback

 

‘Hey, there Nana ssi.’ She heard the voice again. Nana grabbed her blanket and she covered it over her head. She never had that kind of experience. She was trying to tell herself that she was imagining things, but that girl’s apparition never left her. Her surroundings became seemingly cold and she was shivering not because of the cold instead she was shivering because of the mysterious ghost.

Suddenly she materialized in front of her and Nana screamed. She ran to the door, but the girl in white blocked the way.

“S-stay a-away from me.” Nana backed off until she felt the concrete wall on her back and she fell down on the floor.

“Sorry if I scared you. Please don’t be scared of me.” The girl said. She approached the blonde who fell on the ground and she sat beside her.

“H-how can I make sure of that? How a-am I able t-to see you?!” Nana asked unsure whether she was making the right decision.

 

Some other skyscraper’s rooftop in Seoul. Tao was standing near at the edge of the rooftop while Baekho was sitting not further away from him.

“Uuuuuuurrrrggh, I’m getting bored.” Baekho exclaimed.

“Did I ask you to come here?” Tao asked.

“Of course not, I’ve told you before right? I’m going to spend my time here and help you.”

“I know you were lying when you said that you were gonna help me. I know you’re looking for someone.”

“W-what are you talking about?” Baekho pretended that he had no idea at Tao's remark.

“You’re looking for her right? You know that it’s forbidden for having an affair with humans. You’re just putting your life at risk.” He didn’t say anything and he knew that Tao was right. Tao sighed and continued. “I won’t tell them about it. If they found out, they found out. You need to find another way to escape that punishment. I can’t help you with that.”

“Uh-huh..” Baekho became gloomy and lowered his head.

 

“I’m Kaeun, Lee Kaeun and you need not to tell me your name.” She smiled at the blonde who was sitting next to her. Nana only nodded as she tried to relax herself but the fear in her chest never left her.

“I’d never thought you were gonna me see me that day, so I made my presence to be more noticeable and sorry for scaring you. I need your help.”

“Me? H-how can I help you?”

“Let me tell you my story.” And Kaeun started to tell Nana the whole story of hers. By that time Nana began to relax herself around the ghost who was haunting her for days.

“So you died here, because your family’s opponent in business wanted to burn your house. That is currently my house now?”

“They actually wanted to burn just the house but they had no idea that me and my friend were having our sleep over here that day.”

“Oh, that was back in 2009, but my family bought this lot for me somewhere around in 2010. I moved in here before I went to college.”

“I died saving her without even telling that I love her. I was about to confess that day, but I was afraid to get a no for an answer. So I kept it to myself.“ She sobbed. Nana tried to comfort her.

“What’s her name?” Nana asked.

“Noh Yi Young, but her friend’s call her E-young, including me. If you ever find her tell her that I love her.”

“E-young? I’ve never heard that name before. Did she ever happen to tell you what university she was planning to attend to before?” Kauen nodded.

“In Kyung Hee or in Seoul National University, but I'm not sure now.“

“SNU isn’t that far from Kyung Hee it’s only twenty minutes ride if I take train then it would be ten minutes of walking just to get there. If I ever find her in Kyung Hee I will tell her about it.” Nana smiled at the girl next to her and her phone suddenly rang. She took her phone on her bed.

*ring ring ring..

“Hello?”

“Nana, are you okay now?”

“Yeah, I called but yo-” Raina cut her off immediately.

“Wanna meet up at the sushi bar at the usual place?”

“Sure, who’s with you now?”

“Ahm..”

“Hey girl, this is Bekah, come on, we’ll be waiting for you.” Nana was about to answer, but then Bekah hung up.

“Looks like your friends we’re inviting you somewhere. I’ll see you next time, a ghost needs to rest too hehe.”

“Well, see you then..” Kaeun smiled and she disappeared from her sight.

 

“Tsk! the blood in the demon world is still the best.” Lizzy burned the man’s body into ashes and she searched for another victim again.

“Where’s Joo anyway? When I need her she’s not there. Her blood would suffice me for about two days I think? Geez at least there are enough of people to feed me in this place.” She saw the dark bugs floating in the air and she followed them secretly. This would take her to her next victim.

 

Nana was heading to the sushi bar where her friends usually hang out.  For some reason Nana saw the dark bugs floating in the air. But the people around her seemed to never pay attention about them.

What are these bugs that are floating in the air? People seem to never notice them? I just can't understand why am I seeing these creatures that I haven't seen before. Nana wanted to arrive as soon as possible at the sushi bar, so she chose the alley to her left which was far away from the crowd.

Two guys were standing at the alley and those dark bugs were swarming around them. They began to have horns on their heads and their eyes turned into yellow.

“I really hate walking down this place, but this is the only place where I can get there quickly.” Nana muttered under her breath. She quickened her pace, but the two guys blocked her way.

“Hey! Stop there beautiful wanna join us for tonight.” The guy with hoarse voice said.

What is this? A cosplayer?! Horns? And yellow eyes are they using contacts?! Why are those bugs from earlier are swarming around them?

“Look, I’ve somewhere to go and I’m in a hurry. Could you please don’t block the way.” She tried to walked to the guy's right hand side, but the other guy blocked her way again.

“Wait! There Miss, we only want to have fun join us.” The other guy grabbed Nana’s wrist and she pulled her hand back.

“ off!”

“Don’t be cocky ! I really hate the kind of lady like you who are so demanding!” The guy with hoarse voice pinned down Nana on the wall. She only glared at him.

 

Lizzy was following those bugs until some familiar scent lingered in the air. She looked around and she tried to followed the scent.

“No doubt that’s Nana’s scent.” She followed that scent until she heard her voice yelling at someone.

“Stay away from me freak!” Nana tried to push the guy off, but he was strong for Nana.

“Dude, looks like where lucky for tonight.”

“You've got that right man!” Lizzy quickened her pace until she found Nana from afar. She saw that Nana was pinned down on the wall by some random guy. He was about to kiss Nana. Then she noticed that the guy got possessed by those dark bugs without any second thoughts in a speed of a light. Lizzy arrived where Nana was and pushed off the guy by just looking at them. Nana noticed that the girl maybe had the same age as her saved her from those erts. She was amazed that she just appeared out of nowhere. She could only see her back. Her brunette hair was loose and she could see two pair of blue flames that resembled a horn on her head.

“No freaking way, why is the inheritor of the Park’s family is here?” The guy with hoarse voice trembled in fear.

“Don’t ever touch her again you filthy minions!” The other guy tried to attack her using a knife, but Lizzy only melted his knife and burned his right hand.

“You idiot! You’re not gonna win over her! Let’s just run!” The two started running, but before they could escape. Blue flames consumed their bodies and they were screaming because of the flame were eating them alive. Nana was stunned at her place and she never dare to moved.

Am I still in the real world? Why am I seeing this kind of creatures?! First the ghost in my house then this weird bugs in the air then this mysterious lady in blue flames?! Lizzy approached Nana.

“Are you okay Miss?” Nana nodded and she was speechless because of the recent events she just happened to see before her eyes. She noticed that her eyes were blue and her blue flames on her head disappeared.

 

“Tao! That aura, she isn’t that far away from us.”

“Let’s go.”

 

“T-thanks..”

“Please don’t tell anyone what just happen now. I beg you.”

“I w-won’t..” She stuttered not because she was afraid of her instead. Nana stuttered because a beautiful lady was in front of her. She never stuttered to anyone mostly on girls. She couldn’t understand it. For some reason Nana realized that those eyes were familiar. She couldn’t tell where she had seen them before and her face was familiar to her too. Lizzy sensed two demons were heading on their way.

“By the way, I have to go now, just go somewhere safe don’t go to this kind of places they're dangerous for a beautiful lady like you walking to this narrow alleys. Go to those places that are crowded so the people can actually see you and make a call to cops, bye.” Without even waiting for her to respond she disappeared in just a blink of an eye. Nana quickly went back to the crowded sidewalk to meet her friends at the sushi bar even though it was far.

 

“We’re late.” Baekho said.

“She was here not a long time ago, look.” Baekho saw a little bit of blue flames on the ground.

“We will get her just be patience.”


It's me again ^^ for another new chapter.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Pls don't kill me hahaha I don't Nana like that anyway.

She's my bias ehehe.

I'm sorry guys if there isn't too much naliz interactions like my previous fic.

Pls bare with me for a while.

I'll put some someday I'll try and I wanna make it slow.

And I don't want to rush things up hehehe.

If you have some questions just drop some comments and I'll try to answer them,

When i have time.

BTW, thanks so much to those new subbies that just makes me wanna write more^^

And thanks to those who commented yay! You're always awesome!, ciao!