Chapter 3 - Strange Feelings

What is Love ?

 

Mir’s POV

I have to talk with Sungyeol, I need his advice. What should I do? I go to the mall and meet Sungyeol at the restaurant. “Hey, Cheolyong!” he shouted. “Hey, Sungyeol!” I shouted. “What do you want to talk about? Is it important?”, he asked while ordering food in the restaurant. “Ummm, I just want your advice”, I said. “What kind of advice, Mir-ya???”, he asked. “Since yesterday, Changsun looked so depressed”, I said. “Changsun? Lee Changsun? Our classmates?”, he asked. “Yes, I wonder what happened to him…”, I said. “I thought you hate him, now you care about him”, he said. “Mmmmm, I don’t know why I care about him”, I said while eating steak.

“You like him, Don’t you?” he teased. I’m choked, “What! No, I don’t”, I declined. “Cheolyong, don’t lie, your expression told everything”, he teased. I’m blushing, I can’t speak. “Your face is really red, you really like him! Cheolyong like Changsun!” he teased. “Stop it, Sungyeol-ah. I need you to give advice, not to tease me”, I said. “Sorry, Mir-yaa. I think you should talk to him, if he doesn’t want to, you have to keep trying until he opens his heart”, he said. “What if I fail?”, I asked. “I don’t think you will fail, you have some kind of strong feeling that can help you in this problem, I know you can, Cheolyongie”, he said. “Thank you, Sungyeol-ah! Bye bye, see you at school”, I said while standing up.

“Wait, Cheolyong-ah!”, he shouted. “What’s wrong?”, I asked. “Ummm, there’s something that I want to tell you”, he said. “What is it?”, I asked. “Do you know there’s a new student in class 1-B???” he said. “Yes, I know about him. He’s pretty handsome. His name is Myungsoo, isn’t it?”, I said. “Yes, it’s right”, he said. “Was there any problem with you and Myungsoo?”, I asked. He stunned at my question, his face is blushing lightly. “Hmmm, Myungsoo is my…… first love”, he confessed.

“What?! Is he the person that you fell in love with?”, I said. “Yes, I met him 5 years ago, I was lost in the amusement park. Nobody tried to find me, but a strange boy asked to me: “Are you lost, cutie?”, he asked with a smile. I followed him anywhere to find my family, after 3 hours we found them. I thanked him, his name is Myungsoo, I didn’t even have time to introduce myself because my parents asked me to go home. On that day, I met Myungsoo, my first love. I never saw him again, until he entered our school.”, he told me a long story. I just don’t believe it.

“You were falling in love with a boy? Not a girl?”, I shocked. “Yes, even boys can like another boy”, he said. “Do you still love him, Sungyeol-ah?”, I asked. “I still love him, even though he doesn’t know my name yet.”, he confessed. “So, why did you told me this story?”, I asked. “I want to buy him something, and confess my feeling to him, even though he may not remember me. Cheolyong, can you help me?”, he said blushing. “Yes of course, Sungyeol-ah. I will help you”, I said. “Thank you, Mir-yaa”, he smiled.

“Since we are in the mall, let’s go get something for Myungsoo!”, I said. “What!? Now?”, he asked. “Of course, shall we go to the doll store?” I asked. “That sounds great, let’s go!”, he said with a happy smile. “Ya! Sungyeol-ah, do you know what Myungsoo like?”, I asked. “I don’t know, but I still remember he was wearing Mickey Mouse t-shirt, and I was wearing Minnie Mouse t-shirt when I lost at the amusement park”, he said. “Oh! I got an idea, you just need to buy a Mickey & Minnie mouse couple doll and a pair of Mickey & Minnie Mouse t-shirt. Maybe he can remember who you are.” I said. “Cheolyongie, you’re genius! Thank you very much, I don’t even think that far”, he said while giggling. “Yes, I am truly genius.” I boasted while smiling.

“Cheolyong-ah, do you want to buy something for Changsun?”, he asked with a sly smile when he was paying the doll and t-shirts. “What!? Why I want to? We’re not even friends”, I blushed. “He’s not your friend, but he’s your crush”, he teased me. “Sungyeol-ah! Stop it, I don’t like him”, I yelled at him. “You don’t like him, but you LOVE him….”, he keep teasing me. My f cheeks flushed, I can’t speak. “Bang Cheolyong falls in love at the first time”, he teased while walking. “Sungyeol-ah, maybe you were right, I have to buy something for Changsun. Maybe I can help to solve his problem….”, I said to Sungyeol. “See? You like him, don’t you? Haha, just kidding”, he laughed.

“So, where are we going?”, I asked while following him somewhere. “This is the recommended store for lovers, usually boyfriends buy something for his girlfriend here”, he explained. “Lovers? We’re not lovers!”, I yelled to him. “Because you have a romantic feeling about him”, he giggled. “Ah, whatever you said, Sungyeol”. Let me see…. This store is wonderful! The things and merchandises are just too cute. After finding something for 1 hour, I decided to buy couple necklaces, we can put someone’s photo in the necklace.

I go to the cashier to pay, the cashier lady said “you are so romantic, buy this kind of thing for your girlfriend. She must be happy”. “No, I don’t have any girlfriend”, I declined. “So, who is the lucky person that receive it?”, she asked. “Noona, don’t ask such questions please, can you wrap it ?”, I said. “OK. Thank you for shopping!”, she said. I got out from the store and go home.

“Good bye, Sungyeol-ah!”, I said while waving my hand. “Good bye, Cheolyong-ah! Tell your boyfriend I said Hello!”, he teased. “You never change, Yeolie”, I left the mall at 6pm, I arrived at home at 7pm. I opened my gift for Changsun, two necklace in a pink box. Even it is kind of weird to give this from boys to another boy. If I give this to you, will you open your mind for me? I want to know about you, I want to help you, I don’t want to see your pain. I don’t know why I keep thinking about you, it’s really weird. Who are you Lee Changsun? You can make me like this, I’ve never had a feeling like this before.

“Even boys can like another boy”, Sungyeol’s word flying on my mind.