Sophmores

It All Starts From You

Hyuna got off the train with her bags in her left hand and her ticket in the other. And yes, Minho was with her, being her senior for the 2nd year in the same college. Hyuna walked before him and went to a cafe nearby. Minho was confused of her sudden change of action because she didn't talk to him since they were in the train. He joined her after ordering themselves coffee.

Minho stared at her but she seems didn't realize as she was looking outside the window of the cafe. He sighed and took her by the hand.

"Hyuna, why are you ignoring me?"

She flashed her sight to their holding hands then their eyes met.

"What?"

she asked as she tilted her head. Minho chuckled and gave a bitter smirk.

"You're not listening huh? I said, why are you ignoring me?"

"No I'm not!"

Hyuna quickly answered as she widen her eyes.

"Yes you are. You've been quiet for hours without talking to-"

His word were cut as a lady came to serve their coffee. Hyuna pulled her hand and drank her coffee. Minho tried to start again the conersation but his head  was blank so he just stared at her.

"Drink your coffee. We're going to be late"

Hyuna said coldly and finish hers. Minho went to the cashier counter while Hyuna stoo next to him. As they went out from the cafe, Hyuna tried to stop a taxi but failed. Minho just giggled looking at her actions.

"It's not funny!"

Hyuna glared and tried again but failed.

"Do you think the taxis in our village are the same like here? they will never stop even if you try to do anything"

Hyuna stopped and stare at him. She sighed and folded her arms.

"show me how it's done, clever boy"

she rolled her eyes as Minho walked to the taxi stand just fifty metres away from the cafe. Hyuna follwed and got inside the taxi with him. She looked outisde the window while Minho was worried about her weird acting. He told her to tell him if aanything bugging her but she didn't answer.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me. But if you want, I'm just right here for you"

Hyuna gave a weak smile after hearing those worss. The taxi driver dropped them off in front of the acmpus gate. Hyuna stood in front of him and began explaining.

"It's not that I'm ignoring you. I keep thinking about what will happen in the future. I don't want you to leave me eventhough we're not meant to be together. I just want you to stay by my side"

Hyuna looked on the ground as Minho put his hand on her shoulder. He sighed and raised her head by the chin.

"It's okay. I undertsnad. I know you will find someone better than me. Someone who can make your life brighter. But you have to promise me something"

Hyuna's brows were connected as she heard about the promise she has to deal with. Before she gets to answer, Minho continued.

"Don't call me by name"

Hyuna blinked her eyes then a smiled grew on her face. Minho grinned at her and they walked to the office

~*~

"Hara, do you think they will choose me? I'm totally nervous"

Hyuna asked while ccrumping the news script to get rid of her nervous. Hara laughed and leaned back on the wall outside the news studio.

"Hey, don't crumple that script. Just relax. You're talented. I know you can do it. Just go"

Hyuna shookd her head and bit her lower lip. Her friend sighed and opened the dorr for her. She gulped and walked inside slowly, hoping everything will be fine.

Hara waited ourtside while mumbling some songs she knew. Since it was free time, most of students were walking across the corridor. As she was thinking about her friend inside, some girls were passing by so her ears were completely into their conversation.

"Do you see how he acted when the guy bumped him? He is so cool"

One of the girls spoke makinh Hara interested to hear further.

"Yeah. they guy was lucky becaus she just smirked and walked away. His wear a perfect colour today. I wish Yoochun could notice me"

Just then, Hara heard Yoochun's name, a name that he was having a crush on. As the girls passed, Hyuna walked out from the studio.

"What's with the sad face? Did you get it?"

Hyuan sighed and handed out a piece of paper. Hara screamed as she read the title of the printed A4 paper.

SCHEDULE FOR WEEKLY NEWS OF DAEGU COLLEGE MAGAZINE

"Oh my God, we really have to celebrate this! I know you can do it. What did they said?"

HYuna just smiled and walked away, ignoring her best friend. hara followed her and asked again. Hyuna said Hara don't dn't have to know because the main thing is, she made it. They walked to the cafeteria and took a seat.

"Hyuna, I think I found my perfect man"

Hara cupped her face as she was flying in the sky.Hyuna raised a brow and waved in front of Hara's face. She was totally lost about who Hara was talking about. Then, Hara heard some girls were chattering about someone she was mentioning. Hara was too obsessed about 'him'.

"Yoochun? Who is he?"

Hyuna asked as she focused for the question to be answered. Hara chuckled and grinned widely.

"Hyuna, you've been here for months, don't you know him? My prince charming. He's our senior, 3rd year. He's the most handsome guy in the college and the richest student"

Hyuna tilted her head confused. She felt that it doesn't make any sense for someone to fell in love with.

"Hara, that's not the kind of qualities for you. You need to find bette'

She rolled her eyes and looked away. Hara was furious so she tried to defend her mister-perfect-man. She said Yoochun is cool, nice, independence, humble, and matured guy. But those compliments thrown to him didn't impress Hyuna.

"What ever. Tell me, how would you get your prince charming? Do you ever talk to him? I bet you don't, right?"

"Yes I did! EH once called my nae during the orientation for sophmores and I answered"

"he called your name it's beacuse your name was on yhe list. Maybe he said my name too so it means I talked to him too. Be more specific will you? Anyway, I don't really know which one is HE because there were bunch of seniors"

Hyuna's brows connected as she harly to remember 'he' during the orientatin. Since there were no teachers, just selected seniors were ahndling the sophmores. Most of them were guys so it's easy to identify the girls but for guys, quite difficult.

"Easy. He has black hair, one of the tallest guy in 3rd year students, doesn't look talkative and he has a serious expression when being alone. I wonder why..."

She tried to imagine her friend's description and some thoughts passed by. If it is true, it would be great to have a perfect man as a boyfriend. But if it's not, 'no comment' would be the easiest respond.

~*~

I walked inside the news studio ans met with Mr. Yunseok, the advisor, and a lecturer in the college. He was sitting at his table, reading some reports and obviously, he seems don't like it.

I bowed and greeted him as he saw my presence. I wasn't sure what comes into him but he suddenly called me to come and meet him. He asked me to sit in front of him and he took some files to give to me.

"What are these?"