A time for two

It All Starts From You

 

He was such an angel. By looking at him while sleeping, it makes me feel guilty. I don’t know why. I have this thought that he might be the guy who is responsible on my sister, Taehee. I have no prove, but I could just feel it. But is he the real person?

I sat next to him, still watching him sleep. He was wearing this green polo shirt with jeans. He look so casual instead of wearing office attire like I saw him before this. Sometimes I heard him stirring in his sleep and smiling too. Could it be that he’s dreaming? Do I appear in his dream?

I put my back palm on his forehead, it’s getting better than before. His bandage looked fine. I guess I really can be a nurse. Oh for God sake, I hate medics. But yet, giving him treatment makes me feel happy. A smile curved as I stared at his closed eyes.

The sun has gone. And he still sleeps. I wonder if his family worried about him. He’s been here for half of the day..

I walked along the street beside him in case his arm bleeds again. We just got back from the hospital but he doesn’t want to go home by car. I wonder why. The doctor gave an injection to get him to sleep but until now it doesn’t give any effect. He could faint in any minute.

He put his other hand on the bandage and I could hear his sigh once in a while.

“Hyuna”

He called. I turned my face to him and raised my eyebrows, questioning ‘why?’.

“Are we almost there?” he asked.

“Uhm.. probably not. I could say another..4 kilometre?” I was just estimated it randomly.

“4? How far is your house from here?”

“Just in front there. The tall apartment” I pointed to the light yellow building.

He looked to the building. Suddenly he stopped, humming something before tapping my shoulder.

“C-can we go to your house?”

“My house? Why? You’re tired?” I said sarcastically. I knew he never walk this far.

“No, stupid”

He showed his arm. It’s bleeding again. He must be pressing his arm too hard. I was panic but surely one thing I can do; bring him to my house. Sigh.

I held his hand as we walk to my apartment. He started to sweat and I saw the bleed dripping. As we got inside the house, I threw the key for god know where it be and quickly asked him to sit on the couch. I replaced with a new bandage after putting medicine given at the hospital earlier.

He rested his head on the couch as I keep the aid kit at the kitchen. As I brought plain water to the living room, he was sleeping. I carved a relief smile and put the glass aside, laid down his body on the couch and sat right next to him if he needs me.

 

*Kring kring*

“Hello?” she answered.

“Ms Kim. It’s me, Mr Yunseok” the voice on the other line spoke.

“Oh, yes Mr Yunseok. I-”

“Sorry for calling at this time. I need the interview sheets this Friday so you have two days more. Meet me at the news studio at 9.00 a.m. I hope you finished it already”

I was speechless. Looking at this guy condition, it’s hard to complete it. I heaved out a sigh before he continue.

“Okay then. I have a meeting with my students so I see you later. Don’t forget”

Before I get to say goodbye, he hung up. This Friday? I didn’t have chance with this guy. How can I pass it up this Friday?

“H-hyuna…”

I quickly shift my gaze to him. He was sleeping. Did he just call my name in his sleep? I waved my hand in front of his face just in case he’s actually awake but he didn’t. I put my phone on the coffee table and stared at him again.

“Hmm..?” I hummed, asking ‘what?’.

“W-w….will you…marry me?” he stuttered.

I was taken aback with what he say. Yes, it could be just a dream but surely anyone wouldn’t be expecting that! I could feel heat rising on my cheeks. I face palmed my whole face, worried if he wakes up to see my red face.

‘What is he dreaming of? Is he crazy? This guy surely talked easily without thinking’  I thought, rolling my eyes. I shift my place to be a little bit further than him so I sat on another couch. As I was going to sit, I heard a groan coming from him. He was pressing his left arm.

“Ugh…”

“Don’t press your arm” I said softly. I look closely to his arm which brings my face closer to him. I shifted his right hand to stop him from pressing the arm again. I didn’t mean to wake him up but he already gained his conscious. Our hand was still connected.

His round eyes looked at me expressionless. I blinked my eyes twice, he blinked his eyes twice just like me. His eyes then soften, it went smaller and smaller until it fully closed. He must be tired with the walk from the hospital. I let go his hand, not wanting to disturb him but his hand quickly grabbed my hand.

“Stay”

He murmured. I pulled my hand but he was stronger. He popped open his eyes, giving me a narrow look.

“Can’t you just stay? Just for once..”

I shook my head. I stood up, once again pulling my hand. It was just making me being pulled by him even stronger and made me fell on top of his body. I controlled my body, not wanting to hurt his bandaged arm.

I could feel his heart was beating fast, so was me. Our gaze met each other for quite some times.

“Why are you so stubborn?!”

His voice was rough, probably he wants to scold me. I felt scared for the first time since my late omma and appa never raise their voice. Even my grandparents. I bit my lower lip, hoping he’s not going to be mad at me.

“Hey, sorry. I didn’t mean to rise up my voice. Sorry”

His right hand leaded my head to lie on his broad chest. I gave up with my head and let it rest on his chest facing to the right. His heart beat was so fast. I could hear it clearly.

“Does it still hurt?”

I asked as my eyes stopped by the bandage.  He was humming something. Then I heard him saying no. I raised my head to look at him and he smiled. He shook his head. Suddenly knocking on the door was heard.

‘Oh no, Minho. I forgot about him. What should I tell him?’