A friend in need, is a friend in deed

It All Starts From You

 

I get in the lines to buy ice-cream for myself. It’s the only way I could calm myself. People around looked at me like I’m a stranger. Well, I am a stranger. What I mean is they look at me with so much to ask. But I don’t really care about it. I waited in the lines and sometimes tip toed to see if the line is still long. So many people today. I tried to curve a smile on my face despite my eyes felt so hurt after the begging and crying.

I took out small mirror from my bag to look at my pale face. I look like a panda. I giggled at my face and put the mirror back in my bag. Then suddenly I felt someone held my right hand. I quickly turned my head to the face and saw Jiyoung was smiling shyly.

“Is this too brave?”

I laughed and nodded my head. He tightens his grip and looked around.

“Yoochun was looking for you everywhere. I told him that I would find you and check out if you need a company”

That hit me. I was busy with Hara and I forgot about Yoochun. He must be angry with me. I asked him how did he know Yoochun was looking for me and how did he found me. He hummed a song, probably thinking an answer.

“Have I told you that Yoochun is my cousin?”

I was taken aback with what he said. He noticed my expression then continued.

“Not really close cousin. His aunt is my uncle’s cousin which is my mother’s oldest brother in the family. During the party, the VIPs there were my families and closest friends. Quite complicated?”

“No. I understand. Why didn’t you tell me earlier?”

“You didn’t ask. How would I tell?”

I rolled my eyes. Then I remembered something.

“Where did you go? The day your car broke down. How did I get home?”

He shrugged his shoulders. He seemed like he’s hiding something from me but I don’t want to force him to answer though. Then I realized it was our turn. I bought strawberry sundae while he bought mint flavour. We sat at nearest bench and talk about what we missed these days.

~*~

I’m sorry Hyuna. I promised with Yoochun I won’t tell you about that day.

“Hyung”

“What’s up?” the other line answered.

“Hyuna is with me. My car broke down. I couldn’t take her home right now and it’s raining badly here. Could y-”

“Text me the place”

He hung up. I couldn’t see her sleeping in this cold weather. Someone should take her home. I texted hyung and after couple of minutes, he came. He was using an umbrella and walked to my car. I wind down my window when he knocked it.

“Hold the umbrella for me”

He handed it when I got off my car. We walked to her door and he opened the door. Yoochun lifted her in his embrace while I used the umbrella to keep them from wet. After she was safe in his car, Yoochun called the towing service and waited for a while in his car. As the truck came, they send me home and took the car to the workshop. As for the two, I don’t know what happen after that.

 

We ate our ice-cream at a bench near the ice-cream truck. She look so cute when she ate the ice-cream. I finish it first so I threw the wrapping paper into the dustbin. Then I heard a message tone on my phone. I fished my hand in my pocket and read the message.

‘I know you found her. Take care of her. Don’t make her cry like I saw her at the college’

From: Yoochun hyung

 

I looked at her from afar with a smile. I walked back to where I first sit and gave her a light smile. She smiled back but I still could see those tired eyes. She really cried so hard that her eyes looked like baby panda.

“Is it good?”

I stared at her sundae as she shifted her gaze to me. She nodded happily and continued to eat. I have so much to ask but I don’t know what question I should ask first. She stood up and walked to the dustbin to throw away the wrapping paper and sat back next to me.

“The holiday is coming this week. Have you planned to go somewhere?”

I started. Her face was calm and she said she wanted to go back home in the village to meet her grandparents. I nodded in understanding and looked away.

“How did you get here anyway? And what’s with those panda eyes?”

I giggled, not wanting her to think it look serious. She wiped her eyes with both of her hands and smiled. She told me it was nothing and suddenly she asked me to send her home. I agreed, since that day I didn’t send her home in proper way so this could be my chance.


It's a boring chapter. I know :( but I put in some 'secret' than Hyuna didn't know. It will remain as secret....or maybe not. I hope you enjoy the story! ^^