Pain

It All Starts From You

 

The maid brought a tray filled with foods and a glass of plain water since the young man didn’t take his meal for two days. As she stepped in, the room was in total mess. She saw him was curling his body next to the open window, probably thinking deeply. She knew him for such a long time because she’s one of the most longest maid worked in the house. The tray was left on the table next to him. Walking backwards, she slowly left the man and closed the door as she was finally made herself out from the room.

Silence was filling the room but he could hear the winds blowing sometimes. In his head, he could think about one name and one figure. It keeps replaying in his head but at the same time, his ‘promise’ with his parents also stuck together.

His hand firmly held a pair of glasses, wondering what she’s doing right now. A smile crept on his face. He was imagining her.

‘Wouldn’t it be easy if you do what I told you to? I don’t have to snatch you away from anyone, I don’t have to force you wear something you didn’t like, I don’t have to make you change yourself, I don’t have to see you in this damn glasses anymore. Wouldn’t it be good if you can be like her? Just like her..’

Yoochun stood up from the floor but he suddenly lost his balance. His weight moved towards the table and caused the tray to fall together with foods splattered on the floor. He realized his arm was bleeding, probably caused by the glass of water that is now little pieces of glass.

He was like an idiot. He didn’t groan in pain or do something to stop the bleeding. He just stared at the bleeding. His mouth parted and called for a name that he miss so much for two years and fell unconscious.

-

‘Why does my head feel so dizzy? I swear I didn’t drink or fell. Oh, it feel so heavy.. W-whose hand is this? It felt so soft and full with care..’

“Yoochun?”

I opened my eyes widely as I heard my name being called. My eyes wandered around and stop my gaze by her face with this emotionless expression. She wiped off my sweats on the forehead with the towel gently as in she’s looking after the one she love.

“You’re sweating too much. Are you alright? I’ll get the water for you. Don’t move.”

I could sense she would stand up and walk out. As she stands up, my hand pulled hers back and made her sit back on the bed. I said nothing, so is her.

“Sit here. Don’t go”

I couldn’t control myself to speak softly to her, almost whispering. My hand was still on hers, can’t deny the softness of her hand. She suddenly smiled lightly and stood up, walking to the door.

Oh, I almost forgot, who is she? What is she doing in my room? I never ask anyone to take care of me. Is she a friend?

“Are you hungry, Yoochun?”

She entered the room with an honest smile. I couldn’t take off my eyes on that smile. It’s making me want to smile. I nodded once, enough to make her know. She brought in a tray and sat next to me.

“Who ask you to come here?”

She startled. Did I ask a wrong question? She chuckled and looked away. I tried to move my left arm but it hurts. I groaned in pain and tried to stay still.

“I told you, don’t move. If I didn’t come here, you would have faint for the whole day or maybe die. You were lying on the floor with your bloody arm. No one knew you fainted when I walked in your room. Not even the maids. What happen?”

She took a half spoon of soup and blew it before put it in my mouth. Maybe she didn’t know, I’m a type that hate people around when I’m alone. But something doubts me, who is she?

I ate whatever went into my mouth slowly. My eyes were still locked on her, trying to recognize her face but this headache killed me. I couldn’t think of any name. I shook, signaling that I’m full now. She gave me a glass of water and put the tray aside. Suddenly her eyes pointed on one thing. She took the glasses and wore it.

“Can I have this back? Please…”

She asked with pleaded eyes. I realized that I knew her now. No figures that her face keep bugging in my head. I sighed, giving her a questioning stare.

“No if you wear it in front of me because you’re gonna see me everyday at the lawn”

I sat up, trying to walk but my body lost balance but she was there, wrapping her hands on my waist, preventing me from falling down. I saw the bandage on the left arm started to show red colour, maybe it’s bleeding again.

“Oh, I should’ve brought you to the hospital. The bandage wasn’t tight enough”. She pouted disappointedly. I chuckled, thinking how brave of her handling this by her own.

“I want to take shower for a while then you can take me to the hospital”

She unwrap her hands from my waist and I walk slowly to the bathroom. Before I closed the bathroom door, I looked at her. She started to clean the mess I made. She was smiling brightly with those glasses while arranging the frames on the shelf. So she really change her style? In those white shirt and skinny jeans, she looked different.

I stood in front of the mirror, looking at my own face. Awful. I could spot some scars on the cheeks and forehead. I really did messed up the room. And now she's cleaning it.



 

This is just a short one. I couldn't think much. I'm sorry if I disappointed you. I hope you enjoy it ^^ Thank you for reading. And silent readers, thank you too. I mean it. You'll speak out later, right? ^^