The Party: Ice Breaking with New People Part 2

It All Starts From You

Both of us looked at the figure who suddenly called my name. A girl was standing behind us, folding her hands. We were talking slowly but I just wish I could have a chance to punch Yoochun in the face. Why? He held my hand, kissed my cheek without permission and hugged me without letting me go even for a second.

"Go away with your friends"
 
Coldly, Yoochun ordered her and looked away.
 
"Aiisshh..you are the one should go away. You keep sitting here for hours. I have right to talk to her too you know. Now, sshuhh!"
 
She took my hand, making me stand next to her and letting go his arm from my shoulder. Yoochun startled a bit but remain calm. He stood up and straightening his tuxedo. He pinched her cheek and left a kiss once again on my cheek before walking to the guests.
 
Wait, he done it again?
 
"Wow, he seems to like you a lot. Anyway, I introduced myself. Hi, I'm Jieun. Some people call me IU but just call me Jieun. I'm Yoochun's friend, but our family is close"
 
She bowed and hugged me together with a friendly smile on her face. I replied and do the same thing. Next thing I know my hand was on her firm grip, took me for a walk around. She asked me a lot of questions about me and Yoochun but I swore to her I don't know anything. Well, eventhough I have to take notes about him for the college task but how? In this situation? It all went wrong...

"Uhm...are you serious you don't know anything about him? I mean, his mother made this party for you..."

"Huh? For me? On what purpose?"

"Okay, you seriously don't know anything, eh? I think it's time"

"Time for wh-"

Jieun grab my hand and went back where she found me. Yoochun's mom was standing on her seat, giving light knocks on the glass for the guests to lend their ears for a while. She talked about something I don't really understand until she pointed her hand to me. Everyone was looking at me. It was embarassing, yet I cannot hide myself. Jieun smile and everyone cheer on their drinks, leaving me here with blank head.

After all the cheering, talking, faking my laugh all everything, I excused myself and take a fresh air outside at the balcony. I went to the balcony with the least people since almost all balcony was full with people. The breeze was so chill as I stood by the end of the balcony. It sometimes send shiver down to my spine.

"May I join?"

A sweet, polite voice approach next to me. My eyes flashed to the source of the voice and found out a familiar girl smiling at me.

"I'm Yoona. You must be Hyuna, right?"

I nodded. I told her I saw her in few magazines and even adds in television. She blushed shyly and enjoyed the night view. It was a bit awkward as none of us start the conversation. Sometimes we smiled to each other as if something funny happened but things went full silent again when we stopped.
 
"So..you're a freshman in the college?"
 
I nodded while smiling at her white, fair face. I really wanted to be friends with her. Not because she's popular or what, I just want to get to know her. I wonder how would I get the chance to do that. But I know, I'm different from her. From what I know, she's close to Yoochun and Jieun and other people at this party. It felt like I'm the only starnger here. And again, I couldn't escape from myself asking about my presence in this house.
 
"Err...hey, Hyuna. I think I remember now, you're Taehee's sister. Am I right?"
 
"Yeah. You hit the jackpot"
 
I replied with a little bit unhappy voice. Maybe she could even see I pouted. The energy stored in me suddenly disappear that I don't know other perfect answer to be spoken.
 
"Oh, everyone has to know about this news! Come, let's tell them"
 
She grabbed my hand and tried to pull me inside but I stopped her. I shook my head lightly and pulled her hand back to where she was stading before.
 
"Please, no need to tell them. I would prefer if no one know"
 
"But why? Your sis-, I mean, your late sister was so popular and well known in this area and I think you should too"
 
I shook my head again and told her I want to be just an ordinary student.
 
“You want to know a confession? I’m Taehee’s good friend when I studied at the college. We were closer than you think”

She chuckled and smiled at the sky. I gave a small smile, hoping she didn’t realize that I’ve been thinking something else. Yoochun. Yes, he would never get out from my head. Is he really the guy I’ve been looking for? Is he really the one who should be responsible?

“Hey, Yoona..who is this? Oh, Yoochun’s, eh?”

A guy wearing a blazer with a jeans and a shirt approach us. The headphone around his neck really look like a dj. Suddenly Yoona put her hand on my shoulder and smiled. She introduced me to him but excused herself.

“What’s wrong with her?”

I shrugged my shoulders. Oh, this is the guy I’ve been searching for. Kinda cute. Oh what am I thinking?

“Are you Onew, the dj?”

“You got me”

He grinned and open his hands wide open, as in welcoming me to hug him. My cheek blushed so I looked away. I talked about the interview with him and he agreed, but not today. Then a man came to us and passed me a piece of paper.

Come and sit next to me. I see you already met all my friends there. Don’t make me go there’

Is he threatening me? I crumpled the paper and hid it in my purse. I smiled to Onew and excused myself. My steps were getting closer to him and I’m getting more nervous than before. It felt like a criminal, everyone was watching me. Hey, I’m not a show! I fasten my pace and get behind Yoochun, hoping he realize that I need to stay away from all these observers.

I know I made worried expressions when I looked around. He whispered to me something but it wasn’t clear for me to hear. I want to ask him to repeat but I know his type; hell-no-i-can-repeat-that-again type. He bowed to his mother and took my hand, walking out from the room, going upstairs and walked in the changing room.

“Your things in here”

He handed me a blue paper bag containing my clothes and slippers. I felt his movement closer to me as I trying to find my cell phone in the bag. He was giving stare at me, probably trying to say something.

“Who is Minho?”

“Give me my phone. He is..no one. Give it”

“Who is he?”

“No one. Give it to me”

I tried to reach my phone in his hand but failed as he raised his hand high above his head. I jumped too, but no matter what I do, it was total failure.

“Who is he? You were texting him”

“Who are you to care all that? Now give it back!”

“Who is Minho?”

He kept asking the same question again and again. It really makes me frustrated. The more he asked, the more his voice getting slower and slower as if he disappointed or something. I sighed and massaged my forehead. For God sake, what’s wrong with him?

“Whats that on your back?”

I pointed to his back, hoping he would look behind so I could take my phone. But he just stood there, giving me am-I-that-stupid look. I heard him chuckled, then putting his hand down but the phone wasn’t going to be handed to me, but into his pocket. He stood really close to me and his thumb landed on my chin. He look straight into my round eyes without blinking.

“What?”

“Tsk. You know it”