Last Moment

It All Starts From You

It's been two years since 'she' left me alone drowning in this pathetic life. 'She' was the only person who really cares about me and 'she' was the only person who was brave enough to protect me. Unfortunately, her breveness brought her to a wrong way.

I thought she wants to stay with me, as a friend, as my protector and most important, my only sister but things are definitely another way around.

Why do you have to leave me?

Why can't I follow you to the heaven?

Why does it have to be you after omma and appa?

The starry night and a hot chocolate accompanied me getting through the night. I bet grandma and granpa are in their deep sleep right now. Honestly, I can't even sleep, thinking about my sister. She shouldn't have left me.

Eventhough two years passed, I just can't get over it. I don't have anyone else except grandma and grandpa and I believe, soon, they wil leave me too. Just like omma and appa.

I heaved a heavy sigh and looked upon the sky. It was such a beautiful night. I can see rooftops of most of the houses from my tree house. Most of the houses were dark and the streetlights lighten the road along the housing area in this village.

The breeze made my body shivered so I finished my hot chocolate and put it aside. I closed my eyes and my sister's voice can be heard. We built this tree house. She even made a bed for me. She was such a perfect sister.

I remembered her last words when she was back from town. She was crying badly but I don't know the next action I should take. The moment I hugged to calm her down, she said something betweenher sobs.

"He..my first love..why..did he..he should believe me..that drty thing.. I didn't do it.."

Until today, I can't figure out what 'dirty thing' she was talking about. If only I know who she was talking about, I will find that person if it would bring me to hell.

I opened my eyes and my heart told me someone was watching me. I look to my left and right but all I see was the dark housing are and the streetlights. Why does it have to be tonight?

"Hyuna, down here"

I looked down and a familiar boy was folding his arms and stared me with a smile on his face. I chuckled and asked him to climb up. Then he sat next to me and again, big smile appeared. I raised my brow and looked away. He goggled and leaned back on the wood wall where I rest my body.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?"

He asked as he put his arm on the abck of his head. I gave a glare as I turned to him.

"Just enjoying the night view. And you, Minho, why aren't YOU asleep yet?"

I replied. He sighed and turned his body, facing me.

"I cannot sleep. Nobody at home so I took a walk"

"And you found me here?"

He just smiled and suddenly laid his head on my lap. I was so shocked so my face gone red. But then, I tried to act cool. My lips were apart as I try to tell him what the hell is he doing but my lips pursed as the words won't come out.

He looked at me with a smile and slowly closed his eyes. I poke his cheek asking him to get off but he didn't move a bit.

"Minho, sleep at home, not here"

He opened his left eye and stared at me. "Can you accompany me? On my bed?"

My brows were connected and I blinked my eyes few times.

"I told you it's not going to work. We talked about this for many times"

I sighed and shook my head as a no for like, 5 times..

"But why? We've been friends for a long time. Can't you give me a chance?"

His smiled was totally vanished as he sat up. He faced me and locked his lips on me. I bit my lower lip and our eyes met.

"I know. But we should just be friends. You know my late dad feels about you, There's no way we could be together"

"But he's gone forever. We can forget about it and continue for our happiness"

"Minho, I have to keep my promise with him. It's my promise and I cannot break it.."

I caressed his cold face and gave a bitter smile. He does't look happy for it as he held my hand. I could feel the warmth of his hand as her tightens the grip. He took off my hand away from his face and pulled my body towards him, I could feel his heartbeat as I buried my face on his chest.

"Mianhae"

I whispered not to hear a respond and tried to push away but he managed to pull my body again. This time, he buried his face in my hair and held me tighter.

"Please. Just this time. Let's stay like this if it would be the last time. Just tonight.."

I can feel my hand unconsciously moved to his back as I closed my eyes. The night was so quite that I could only hear his hot breathe through my ear.

"I wish we could stay like this forever"

I said as I rest my head on his chest. I could hear him heaved out a sigh and caressed my back with his hand. Our body suddenly apart and he staredat me. He smiled as he saw my tired eyes. He lifted my body and brought me on the bed. Minho took off my glasses as I have short sightedness problem. He laid his body next to mine on the sigle-sized ned and hugged me from behind.

I can hear his heavy sigh and then, silent filled the tree house. I faced my body to him and saw him fast asleep.

"Mianhae"

That wors was in my head for the whole time. I don't know why I felt so bad when we're together. Maybe it's because my late dad told me not to but I did.

I moved closer and buried my face on his chest. I know it wouldn't last forever but at leats I can still feel his sincere through his warm hug.

~*~

"Hyuna, wake up"

I heard someone was shouting my name from afar. I opened my eyes and realized my grandpa was calling for my name.

"Hyuna, it's your firts day. You don't want to be late. Come don and get ready"

I blinked several times as I realized today is my first day to college I replied saying I will be there as I rubbed my eyes. My body turned arouond as my back was facing him and I saw he was still sleeping soundly. His arm was around my waist so I put my arm around him.

He slept like a little child as I stared on his fair face but yet, I can't help but to accept the fact, the reality. Maybe I should just make him happy for the last moment..

"Minho, wake up"

I said softly as I reached my face closer to him. He didn't wake up but his arm pulled me closer to him made my face was just inches away to meet him face.

"Minho, I have to go. It's my first day"

I stared at his shut eyes and gave a light peck on his lips. And yes, he opened his eyes and looked at me straight.

"Am I dreaming?"

He smiled as my face blushed after the unplanned action. He leaned in and his lips met with mine. It wasn't short but yet, it's not long enough like what I had in mind.

It looks like a plain smile but I can feel his desire of having me together with him. I know we can't keep this going so I pulled away and gave a smile to him.

"Why? Can I have a little longer than that?"

I chuckled and smiled again. I shook my head lightly and broke the hug as I sat up at the side of teh bed. I grabbed my glasses on the side table and wore it, He follwed my act and sat next to me.

"I guess this is the end. Best friends?"

I said and put a smile on my sleepy face. He kissed my cheek and stood up, strecthing his body.