2005-2006

The Evolution of Nyongtory

I awoke in my dorm once his ice-cold toes had brushed against my shin.

"Go get some socks," I mumbled.

His teeth were chattering and I could feel the erratic pace of his heartbeat through the old springs of my mattress. He didn't say anything.

"Hyung."

He let out a shaky breath and proceeded to pull my blanket covers over his head. I swear, I owned nothing to him.

"Hyung!"

He groaned and shifted around in the sheets.

"Ugh. I'm sorry, ok? Aish. She scared the out of me."

"Who?"

"The ghost."

"There's a ghost? Here?"

He clucked his tongue at me and was probably rolling his eyes in the dark.

"Yah V. How did you not know? Seunghyun has seen her too."

I was too tired to argue. Its not like his little encounter with a ghost would keep me awake. He was still catching his breath.

"I'm going to stay here for a while, ok?"

I groaned and asked him why it had to be with me, in my room. His voice got snarky.

"You're always so on-edge, especially around me, so you produce more body heat."

I guess he had a point, so I made room for him, distanced myself on the far edge of my mattress, and turned my back to him to face the wall.

I thought about the situation. It was late. Seunghyun and Youngbae shared a room together while Jiyong and I had our own rooms. Daesung's father wouldn't let him stay in the dorms. And now I was just informed that the dorm was occupied by a "friendly ghost." Such is life. I actually envied Daesung for not having to put up with this.

At some point I had drifted off, but once again I was awoken by Jiyong. I flinched as I felt an arm dangle across my stomach. Youngbae had warned me before that he liked to hold onto things in his sleep. I thought he meant pillows or teddy bears, not people. What the hell, wasn't Jiyong eighteen?

"Is this okay?" he whispered in the dark.

Absolutely not.

"Ugh..."

My hesitation floated in the air in a thick fog. Jiyong quickly peeled his arm off of me.

"Fine," he spit out as he proceeded to lift himself off my bed and finally retreated to his own room. I was left alone and was content.

 

Two days later, I finally met the ghost in our small kitchen. I heard a small, fluttery laugh as I approached the rice cooker for a late evening snack. My hairs stood up and I was a little frazzled, of course. Seeking my hyungs for comfort would just make me a target for embarrassment and further teasing, so I walked briskly back to my own room without my rice.

"Yah! Out there! Go turn off the light!"

Jiyong yelled at me from his room. For once his door was open and he was actually observant enough to see a light on outside in the hallway, I guess.

Groaning, I gathered up the courage to enter the kitchen where I was just spooked. I might as well get that bowl of rice. I started eating it as I turned off the lights and walked back to my room. The chopsticks moved along with my still-shaking hands.

I ate in silence. Maybe a small part of me wanted Jiyong to check up on me. Whatever. I could fend for myself.


A/N edit: fact no. 21 about the ghost XD http://ygbiased.tumblr.com/facts