SIX

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Soulmate.”

Minjung looked around to find the source of the voice. It was like he was whispering right beside her ear yet there was no one beside her. As if something was pulling her, she turned around and her eyes widened a fraction. Standing there was someone so breathtakingly beautiful that she had forgotten to breathe for a second. Her thoughts and feelings was the same as Kris. It was like they were sharing the same body. Her body starting moving on her own as she made her way towards him.

Kris was already at the border. Just one more step and he would crossed it.

“Come to me.” Kris commanded and she obliged. She was already very close to the border but she had no idea what she was doing. All she could think of was to enter his embrace. Stopping right at the border, she looked into his eyes. “Just one more step.” He encouraged and she was about to do as told when someone spun her around and hugged her protectively.

“What the hell?!” Jongin exploded in rage as he growled at Kris, baring his fangs. The rest of EXO-K was wondering where Minjung went to and Jongin almost lost it at the sight of Kris luring her into the enemy’s lair.

Kris did not want to stop looking at her but he had to tear his eyes away to see which guy had the boldness to take what was his away. That’s my soulmate you are holding! Kris screamed in his head. He was about to cross the border to rip Jongin’s arm off his beloved when Yixing formed a shield around Kris to prevent him from moving further.

But Kris was already agitated and the shield did not really help in calming him down. In fact, it was doing the opposite. The blonde male was frustrated about the fact that his soulmate is right in front of him yet there was nothing he could do to reach out and embrace her in his arms.

“Kris, relax.” Minseok ordered and leader or not, Kris knew that he had to listen to Minseok since both side would not want to start a war now. Therefore, the younger male shut his eyes and counted to 10 in an attempt to calm himself down.

“I’m fine.” Kris assured them (more likely to assure himself just so he would not go ballistic again), and the shield around him disappeared.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo and his favourite hyung nodded, knowing what Jongin was going to say. He grabbed onto Minjung at the same time that Jongin let go and teleported them back to the palace. “Kyungsoo, what’s going on? Who are those people?” Minjung grabbed onto his hand just before he could teleport back.

“They are the princes of the East. We’ll explain it to you later, okay? Just stay here and don’t get out of the palace. We’ll be back soon.” Kyungsoo patted her head and teleported back.

When he reached the border, he saw that both sides were just staring at each other, not saying a word. It was only when he stood beside Chanyeol did Jongin break the silence.

“What the hell were you trying to do?”

All Kris did was to glare at Jongin. He does not want the others to know that she was his soulmate or things will get nasty.

From the start, Kris already did not like him. It does not help that Jongin destroyed his chance of getting the one person that belonged with him. He had to calm down because things were more complicated than he thought. Now, he was pretty sure that not only does his soulmate stays in the North’s palace but also that she has a connection with EXO-K.

Kris shot Jongin one more glare and walked away. It was hard for him to do so, but the only option he has now was to retreat.

“Come back here!” Jongin shouted but EXO-M just ignored him as they followed their leader.

“We should check up on Minjung.” Joonmyeon placed his hand on Jongin’s shoulder, hoping that gesture will calm his brother down. The younger male nodded and Kyungsoo reached out his arms to have physical contact with everyone so he could teleport them back.

 

Minjung paced around the room. She tried to sit down to wait for EXO-K to come home but the anxiety soon got the better of her and she could not help but to walk around or she feels like she will go crazy. Although she knows that EXO-K was good at fighting, she also knows that Kris was strong. She could feel it in her bones somehow.

Images of Kris filled her mind at the thought of him. She was curious as to who he really was. To her, everything about him was amazing. His voice was deep and smooth like velvet and Minjung had always liked a deep voice. She noticed that he smelt like vanilla but what worries her was that his scent was so strong that it almost blocked out everyone around her. It was not like the original scent of someone can be added like a perfume.

But the thing that made her feel this indescribable feeling is that she felt like she had finally found something important she lost a long time ago.

“Minjung!” Jongin’s voice broke h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter