ONE

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The humans had been living in fear every day for the past 300 years. They would always go out with a weapon in their hand, afraid that their enemies might attack them. They (humans to be exact) can die in a just a few seconds if they are not vigilant enough because their attackers are no ordinary killers. Equipped with hard skin and fast reflexes, it is impossible for humans to kill them, let alone injure them. Their killers are vicious creatures; creatures that will never let go of their prey once they set their eyes on it. Their blood lust eyes will control their mind, making them lose control and they will never stop until they had tasted the blood that they crave. Their super strength and hard fangs can rip a person’s body into two in seconds.

Humans fear them but there is nothing they can do because they are the weaker species on Earth. The one who rules Earth and known as the vicious and powerful creatures are one of the myths many people never knew that it would happen because myths were not meant to be real.

They are the vampires and they arrived on Earth 491 years ago.

This is the year 2503.

 

---

Screams traveled up to the 10th floor of the palace and EXO-K was immediately awake. Joonmyeon ran to the window and saw his people fleeing towards the palace for protection. Chaos was literally dancing right in front of his eyes and the protectiveness within him rose, wanting to keep his people out of harm.

“Guys, we got to head out now!” Joonmyeon commanded and EXO-K gathered at where their eldest brother was. They looked at the scene below their palace and frowned in anger.

“Your highness, they are advancing from the West instead! We have been tricked by those cunning vampires!” Advisor Yong told Joonmyeon.

“Kyungsoo, teleport Jongin and I to the West! The three of you go and settle the mess downstairs. Allow everyone to enter the palace and make sure no harm comes to them.” The oldest prince was already giving out instructions at the speed of light and his brothers went to do as told.

In seconds, Joonmyeon, Kyungsoo and Jongin were in the West. Dead bodies were being flung everywhere and blood splattered on the floor and walls like a fine piece of art. Screams filled the entire village as people ran for their lives. Kyungsoo spotted what they were looking for and tugged on Joonmyeon’s shirt, pointing to a certain direction. Joonmyeon looked at Kyungsoo and saw the backs of EXO-M at the direction his brother pointed to.

He threw a fireball at EXO-M but it was blocked off by Yixing’s shield. They stopped walking and turned around to see the three members of EXO-K glaring at them. Kris smirked at Joonmyeon. 

“Trying to be sneaky again, Kim Joonmyeon?”

“What the hell are you doing here?” Jongin demanded.

“Why can’t we be here?” Minseok argued and the younger male glared at him.

Luhan took a step forward but not out of the shield. “We have things to deal with the West, not with the North, so I suggest you guys do not interfere.”

“Since you have business with the West, why are your people attacking mine?” Joonmyeon questioned. Both groups were never on good terms but it was not often for both parties to invade each other. As they were all rulers of their own territories, the people meant a lot to them.

“It was a misunderstanding. We accidently crossed the border and they thought we were going to attack them. They fled before we could do anything.” Yixing tried to calm EXO-K. Hearing his words, the remaining 3 people of EXO-K looked around, trying to find signs of EXO-M’s invasion but was greeted with nothing but trees.

Come to think about it, I didn’t see any of their people. Joonmyeon realized.

Minseok used his power to hear their thoughts and smiled in victory. “Let’s go guys.” He led the way towards the palace of the West.

Stupid, arrogant vampires. I swear I’ll rip their throats out when we have the chance. The one I’ll go for first is Kris. He’s just so cocky. Jongin glared at EXO-M’s leaving figures.

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo shook his best friend’s shoulder and the younger male snapped out of his thoughts. “Let’s go.” Kyungsoo held his hands out for him to hold onto so that he will be teleported back to the palace as well.

Jongin was about to touch his hyung when he heard faint crying sounds. He recoiled his hands like Kyungsoo was a hot stove and without thinking, he ran towards the direction of the noise. He does not know why he would run towards the sound but he just followed his instincts.

“Jongin?!” Although he heard his brothers calling after him, he di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter