FIFTEEN

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A slight gust of cold wind entered the room and Minjung immediately woke up but did not open her eyes. She was a light sleeper and even the sudden small change in temperature would disturb her sleep. Using her powers, she closed the window before trying to get back to sleep. As she was about to fall back to sleep, she felt a certain warmth beside her and scooted towards it. Touching it, tiny tingles spread through her fingers. His scent has always been there last night but it hit her like a ton of bricks, now that she was fully awake.

As she opened her eyes, she saw that Kris was looking at her with sleepy eyes. His hair was messed up like a little kid and he was struggling to keep his eyes open just so he could look at her a little longer. Before Minjung could say anything, he pulled her towards him. They landed in a position where Kris was lying on his right side and Minjung on her left. His forehead was pressed against the spot below her chest while her knees was against his stomach. Minjung was a little shocked at the sudden closeness but he hugged her legs closer to him.

“I’m sleepy.” That was all he said before he fell back into a deep sleep. Because he was so unfamiliar to the surroundings last night, it took him a few hours to finally sleep and that caused his lack of sleep. Minjung knew that being in Kris’ arms was like a perfect fit. But what she realized now was that Kris being in her arms felt even more perfect. A smile spread across her face and she gently ran her fingers through his hair before closing her eyes as well.

 

Kris let out another yawn and frowned when he could no longer feel the tingles. Opening his eyes, he saw that Minjung was no longer by his side but by the dressing table. She was humming to a soft tune while brushing through her long hair. “Morning.” She met his eyes through the mirror and he greeted her back with a smile of his own. “I’ve asked the maids to prepare an extra toothbrush and towels and Chanyeol passed me some of his shirts for you just minutes ago.”

“Okay. I’ll go wash up.” He said and she nodded, going back to brushing her hair. Kris was about to enter the bathroom when he turned around to take another glance at Minjung. He noticed that she was so petite. The long hair of hers made her looked smaller than she already was. And the fact that she was wearing a Victorian style dress made Kris felt like she was a doll. It was like she was only 12 years old when she was already 18. And yet she could fit in his arms like they were meant just for her. The thought of Minjung being created just for him made him smile once more before heading into the bathroom.

 

“Stop hogging onto the eggs!” Chanyeol complained as he tried to take the plate of egg rolls from Sehun.

“But I wanna eat those!” The maknae whined while trying to get the plate out of Chanyeol’s reach. The rest ignored their usual morning antics and continued their meal. The maids noticed the commotion and quickly informed the chefs to prepare more egg rolls before the both princes fight over the dish.

Miyoun gave out a small yelp when she saw a piece of egg flying towards her and dodged it before it could land on her face. Kyungsoo gave the two noisy people a frown when he saw that his soulmate almost had their breakfast on her. Joonmyeon let out a tired sigh and slammed the chopsticks on the table. Chanyeol and Sehun immediately froze and slowly turned to look at him. “Can you guys behave for once? We have a guest here.” He nodded towards Kris who was looking at the scene in amusement.

“Sorry about that.” Chanyeol gave Kris a grin while he had both hands behind his head.

The maids quickly went to clean up the mess and Joonmyeon thanked them. “Just get the chef to cook more if it is not enough.”

“But isn’t that what family do during meals?” Chanyeol let out another cheeky grin and the maknae nodded in agreement.

“They share food and chat. Not create a mini food fight.” Eunmin gave the two younger males a look of disapproval but could not stay mad at them for long.

Kris quietly went back to eating. He admitted he was not awkward with EXO-K (since they knew each other for a century or so though they hated each other) but seeing them so close with each other reminded him of his brothers. EXO-M had never been separated for more than a day and Kris felt like something was missing without his brothers beside him.

A warm hand landed on his arm and he saw Minjung giving him a sad smile. It was like she knew what he was thinking even though he did not say anything. Kris patted her hand that was on his arm to tell her that he was alright. He would be alright soon, when he is with his family and soulmate.

After breakfast, the newest couple headed down to the garden that Minjung built with her own two small hands. Just by seeing the wide variety of flowers, Kris knew why she was so happy when he showed her EXO-M’s backyard. That girl loves nature. When Minjung walked through the garden, she would reach out and touch every plant that she could to heal them. Although having sunlight and water makes them grow, they would still wither one day and Minjung could not bear to see that happen. This was why she would try to prolong their life as long as she could.

Kris was just following Minjung from the back, watching her do her stuff when she suddenly turned around and gave him a shy smile. She held out her hand and he was immediately by her side, holding her hand. “I’m sorry. I was too engrossed in them that I kind of had forgotten you were there.” She softly admitted.

Shaking his head, he the back of her palm. “It’s okay. I know all of this is new to you. It is to me too. So I hope you don’t feel burden about having to think about me all the time. As long as you al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter