TWENTY

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Before Sehun was injured and when Luhan helped Sehun with the golems-

 

“Alright, alright.” Luhan held up his hands in mock surrender before nodding towards the backyard. “Let’s go help our brothers, shall we?”

Sehun nodded and the both of them were about to leave the place when something rammed into Luhan and they flew till Luhan hit a tree. It happened so fast that Luhan did not see it coming and all Sehun saw was a blurred figure. Turning to his left, he saw a cloaked figure looming on top of Luhan. Luhan left out a groan of pain and his eyes widened when he looked at his attacker. Although a mask was covering the person’s face, he knew that it was a human although there was no scent.

The cloaked person was lifted off as Sehun threw him against another tree, far from Luhan. He held his hand out to Luhan while never taking his eyes off from the human incase he were to try something funny. Luhan thanked the younger male when he was pulled up to his feet.

“Now I don’t owe you anything.” Sehun muttered. Luhan would have chuckled again if they were not in a dangerous situation.

The human moved a little and just that little bit was enough for Sehun to strike him with his lightning and Luhan with his icicles. However, the human moved out of the way before both powers could hit him and their jaw dropped when that happened. It was impossible even for a sorcerer to move that fast, let alone a mere human. Sensing that the thing they were facing was very dangerous, Luhan reached out for help from his brother through his mind but Minseok did not reply him.

Are we that far away or is it his doing? Luhan looked at the human who still did not move after they tried to attack him. “I can’t contact them.” Luhan told Sehun.

Sehun tried to reach out to Baekhyun and Minjung too but they did not reply him as well. This time, Luhan used his powers to freeze the guy but he broke out of the ice shell the next second. No one has been able to do that and it scared Luhan that he took a step back in precaution.

Letting out a sigh to calm himself down, Sehun spoke, “Run.” Luhan wanted to protest but Sehun did not give him a chance to. “Get back to the rest to call for help. I’ll catch up with you soon.”

“I can’t let you fight him alone!” Luhan shouted at Sehun’s idiocy.

“But someone needs to inform the rest.” Sehun looked at him.

All of a sudden, it was like the cloaked person was not there as they started arguing.

“Then you should go and inform them!”

“I can run faster than you, you idiot.”

“All the more for you to be the one running for help!” Luhan’s face was getting red from anger.

“Right, and then he will get you the second you turn your back to him.” Sehun gave him a flat look. “Listen to me. While you go and get help, I will hold him off for a while till it’s safe for me to run away too. However, if you stay while I get help, he will get you the next second and I will be the next target. No one will make it out alive.”

Luhan opened his mouth to protest again when he finally understood what Sehun was trying to say. The guy did not cared who was the one able to stay safe as long as one of them did. He was looking at the whole situation and he knows that one death is better than two. And if he were able to outrun the human when the time comes, Luhan would be the one who needs to run off first. There was no way Luhan would be able to outrun the human if Sehun could not. Therefore, Sehun was trying to buy some time for Luhan to escape.

No, Oh Sehun was not a brave guy. He was scared of what were to happen as well and Luhan could see the fear in the younger male’s eyes. But Sehun was just that selfless. Although it sounded as if only having one death instead of two would be better for Minjung in terms of manpower, Sehun was actually telling Luhan to stay alive. If one of them were to die, Sehun would rather it be him. Besides, Luhan did help him with the golems.

“Just one minute. Just promise me you will do whatever you can to hold him off for that minute while I get help.” Luhan squeezed Sehun’s shoulder.

The younger male let out a small smile and Luhan saw how young Sehun actually looks when he smiled. “I will, hyung.” Sehun’s relationship with Luhan only improved just minutes ago but Sehun somehow knew that he would regret it if he did not call Luhan ‘hyung’.

Luhan felt his heart ache when Sehun called him that. “Stay safe.” He whispered before speeding off as fast as he could. Hyung promise to get you out alive, Sehun-ah.

The moment Luhan sped off, the human started moving again, as if it was being controlled. Before he could go after Luhan, Sehun kicked him and he flew a few metres back. “Sorry , but I promised my new hyung to hold you off for a minute.”

The human looked at Sehun and charged towards him at an insanely fast speed for a normal being. Sehun was prepared to take on whatever attack that was coming his way and wanted to defend himself when he realized that his body could not move. No sound came out of his mouth too. No matter how hard he tried, his body just would not listen to him. His eyes fleeted around in panic, trying to find something that might possibly break him out. The human took out a sword from the cloak and aimed it towards Sehun.

And all Sehun could do was to watch him plunge the sword into the right side of his abd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter