TWENTY-FIVE

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The warm rays of the sunset shone into a particular room and Minjung groaned when it landed on her face. Using her powers, she drew the curtains and let out a satisfied sigh when the light no longer shone in. However, she could not get back to sleep and lifted her head off Kris’ lap.

Turning towards her soulmate, she saw that he was looking at her, waiting for her to say something. “I’ll go help with dinner.” She told him and went to wash her face before heading down to the kitchen. The moment the problem with Jongin and Luhan had been solved, the rest retired to their rooms to do their own activity. Kris was in bed reading a book as he leaned his upper body against the headrest. Minjung rested her head on his lap and was chatting with him until she fell asleep. And when she woke up, it was already sunset.

The maids greeted Minjung when she entered the kitchen. “Hey sweet cheeks.” Kyungsoo was already preparing dinner and he momentarily looked away from the chopping board to kiss Minjung’s cheek.

“You look like you are in a good mood, Kyungsoo oppa.” She gave him a knowing grin. Kyungsoo understood the meaning behind the grin and faked a cough.

“Nonsense, I’m always like this.” He mumbled as he took the sausages out from the fridge. 

I bet Kyungsoo oppa and Miyoun unnie had some hot session just now. She cheekily thought as Kyungsoo hummed a random tune while slicing the sausages. 

“Minjung-ah, go and rest. I’ll cook dinner.” Kyungsoo offered when he heard her yawning. Minjung just hummed in agreement as she was still half awake. Giving her brother a side hug, she teleported back to her room.

Wanting to immediately dive into bed and snuggle up to her soulmate, she did so, only that her soulmate was not there. “Yifan?” She asked as she rolled onto her back and stared at the ceiling.

“Yea?” He replied from the bathroom but she did not reply. All she did was to continue to stare at the ceiling while feeling her eyes drooping closer and closer to sleep. 

A click from the bathroom made her sensitive ears twitch and Kris came out of the bathroom. He had changed into a white, long sleeved shirt and jeans but the shirt was clinging onto his body, showing his lean body and making his arms look longer. Minjung loved it when he had his arms wrapped around her, making her feel like the safest person on Earth. 

Holding out her arms to him, he pulled her up and switched their positions so fast that even Minjung did not catch it. One moment she was still lying on the bed and the next, she was sitting on his lap as he went back to his previous position. Her head was resting on his right shoulder while one of his arms was around her waist loosely as his left hand ran through her hair. His fingers massaged her scalp, making her feel relaxed. She felt like she could sleep any moment now, but she wanted to stay awake for him.

A pair of soft lips landed on Minjung’s forehead before it landed on her lips, making her heart explode into tiny sparks. It felt so warm, so gentle and with so much love. Kris continued to plant kisses on her face before he leaned down towards her neck. He wanted to ravish her neck with kisses as well, until he took in a whiff of her intoxicating blood. Bloodlust filled his eyes and he tightened his hold on her by a little. He had yet to taste her blood and just the scent of it was about to make him go crazy.

“Yifan?” Minjung’s soft voice rang in the silent room and he tried to get his eyes back to its original colour. Before he could do so, Minjung had already tilted his chin up so she can look at him and she saw his red eyes.

Kris stared back, wondering what her response would be. Minjung quickly shifted her hair to one side and tilted her head so that Kris would have better access to her exposed neck. “Take from me.”  

With those words, Kris stopped fighting the urge to taste her blood. He made sure she was properly supported before sinking into her flesh. When his sharp fangs pierced through her neck, she let out a soft whimper and grabbed onto his shirt tightly while he moaned at the delicious taste. It tasted better than he had imagined.

After a few more gulps, he pulled away and the blood that flowed out of the wound before his lips. Minjung quickly healed herself while he studied her face, trying to see if she was hurt but was hiding it. When he was sure she was okay, he pecked her lips.

“Your turn.” She shifted her gaze to his neck and remembered how sweet and addictive his blood tasted. 

This time, it was Kris’ turn to be surprised. In just a second, Minjung had switched their positions. He was now lying in the center of the bed and his legs were in between hers while she was already drinking from him. His hands reached out to her hips and he rubbed soothing circles. He was not teasing her when he said she was like a child. It takes a vampire years and years of practice to control their bloodlust and Minjung was only 18. It was an exception to her because she does not like to drink blood. But it was proven that she would still be too young to control her bloodlust.

When Minjung had her fill, she pulled away and healed him. Kris sat up and she was now sitting on his lap and had her legs on the other side of his waist. Another good thing about having a soulmate is that they would still feel full even though they give each other their blood. It was like they were a portable blood bank specially created for their soulmate.

A grumble was heard and Minjung covered her stomach, as if trying to prevent the noise from coming out. Kris burst into laughter while she was blushing. “I had my fill of blood. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter