NINETEEN

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The moment the creatures tried to pounce on them, an invisible force threw them back. EXO quickly recognized it to be Yixing’s shield while it took Minjung and Byunghun a few more seconds to realize it because they were not familiar with it. The creatures soon got up and charged towards them again. And as if EXO had rehearsed before, they all moved at the same time to attack back.

Kris and Joonmyeon threw fireballs at the creatures and they burned up in flames. Their powers were so strong that the creatures turned into nothing but ashes in just mere seconds instead of the fire slowly burning their bodies.

While Yixing tried to form individual shields around everyone to protect them, there were just too many of them to do so. Therefore, he had to concentrate and constantly scan the area to see who needed his shield more than the others. While doing so, he had not realized that a goblin had sneak behind his back. And when Yixing had sensed the creature behind him, it already had its hand raised, ready to strike down. However, it penetrated its chest with the sharp nails that it was equipped with and plunged its whole hand into the chest.

“Don’t die just when we only got started.” A voice behind Yixing hissed in irritation and he saw Baekhyun glaring at him. Realization dawned to him that Baekhyun used mind control to make the goblin kill itself instead.

Just moments ago, they were still enemies that had formed a shaky alliance. And now they were helping each other like they had forgotten their dislike for each other for the past few decades.

“Thank you.” Yixing gave him a small smile of gratitude.

Baekhyun blinked at the older male, processing what he had just heard. That was the first time in so many decades that he had heard something not unpleasant coming out of EXO-M’s mouth. If it was not for Minjung and Kris, he might not even be able to hear it at all.

Instead of accepting Yixing’s thanks, Baekhyun childishly scoffed and rolled and his eyes. “I’m doing it for Minjung. One death from EXO means one lesser person to protect her.”

“Still, thank you.” Yixing knows that Baekhyun was just embarrassed. The both of them might not want to admit it but they are actually quite similar in some ways. They had always been the thinker and not the talker. And if their leaders needed some good advice, they would always be the one to give it. They were like the strategist of the group, which also led to the dislike they had for each other, as their strategies would always be able to counter the other party’s attack. Baekhyun ignored him and focused on the creatures and Yixing did the same.

 

Sehun clicked his tongue in annoyance as he struck at another golem. Although he was thankful that the golems were not the giant ones his grandparents would scare him with, he was still pissed. The golems in front of him were like at the height of an 5 year old and they came in groups. Another group arrived and this time, one of them latched onto his leg. Sehun easily shook it off but another grabbed onto his arm, almost causing him to lose his balance.

“This is worse than going to the orphanage to look after the kids.” He muttered in displeasure as he got rid of the golems. But another group was soon there, as if it was preparing for the current group to be finished off before it would attack as well. Sehun’s left eye twitched in more than just irritation and started cursing, something he has not done in a long time because Miyoun would always whack him if she hears it. “I swear that if another group were to appear I would-”

Before he could complete his sentence, he felt the air surrounding him dropped to what felt like below 0 Degree Celsius and he involuntary shivered at the sudden coldness. The golems around him turned frozen solid and Sehun knew which power it belongs to. “I thought you could use some help. It looked like those things were about to bury you alive.” Luhan came out from behind the trees, shrugging his shoulders. The backyard was so close to the forest and Luhan had heard someone fighting in the forest so he went to check it out. And that someone so happened to be Sehun.

Both males had nothing against each other. Like Yixing and Baekhyun, the two of them had similarities as well. Sehun was the noisy maknae and while Luhan was serious most of the times, there were moments where he can be playful. (Like creating snow in his room for a snowball fight) They also like to go with the flow, following their brothers’ decisions. And Sehun does not dislike EXO-M, just like how Luhan does not dislike EXO-K. They just love their brothers more.

“I didn’t ask you to save me.” Sehun grumbled as he folded his arms across his chest. Although he had nothing against Luhan, he still does not like the fact that someone from the other group had to save him, hurting his pride.

Luhan stifled a chuckle when he realized what a child Sehun was. It was not like Luhan was mocking him but rather, the older male felt like Sehun was a grumpy kid who was denied of candies. “I won’t ask you to thank me.”

“I wouldn’t even if you demanded one from me.”

“Alright, alright.” Luhan held up his hands in mock surrender before nodding towards the backyard. “Let’s go help our brothers, shall we?”

 

While everyone was fighting, Minseok was with the females, using his power to direct any creature away. Yixing would have been a better choice to protect them but he was needed more on the field. The girls were helping to fend off the creatures as well but Yejin was the only one who was gifted with a power. So she covered half of the imaginary circle they created while Minseok did the other half.

“Watch out!” Soojin told Yejin and the younger sister immediately threw her ice shards at an incoming werew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter