TEN

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Minjung, please open the door!” Joonmyeon banged on the door but there was no response at all. He strained his ears to hear what was going inside the room but could not hear a thing too. There was not even a sound of movement. Although vampires can live without food, it was a different case with blood. “You have not take any blood for the past week. If this goes on, your life will be in danger.”

Silence greeted him once more and he was afraid that Minjung might have done something silly due to the silence in the room. “That’s it. I’m opening the door.”

Kicking the door open, he expected to see her on her bed crying or sleeping but what he saw was nothing like that at all. The room was neat and tidy and the bed was packed, as if a maid had just cleaned the room. Her scent was barely there too, as if she had been gone for a few days already.

“Minjung? It’s appa. Please come out.” He begged as he searched her room. She was his precious little vampire and the thought of her leaving his side pained him. He was about to call for Mirae, one of the maids that were closer to Minjung, when he saw something out of place from the side of his view. Walking nearer to it, he realized that it was a paper that had something scribbled on it.

No.

His greatest fear was starting to get him the closer he got to the paper that was on her desk. Picking it up, he read the note, even though he already knew what it was going to say.

 

Dear appa,

I’m leaving for a while. Don’t worry, I’m just going to get a breather. I thought I would be able to handle the pain but I guess I was wrong. So I hope I can forget about him by leaving. Besides, I’ve always wanted to explore the world outside. And who knows? I might find my soulmate out there.

And appa, please do not try to find me. I want some time to myself. Let me be alone to think, okay? I promise I will not cause any trouble outside and that I will take care of myself. I’ll feed on animals or maybe get a feeder there. And I’ll write back once in a while so don’t worry. Don’t forget that I love you and everyone in the palace too.

P.S Please tell Jongin that I am really happy for him and I hope he will take good care of Minhee.

Love,

Minjung.

 

Joonmyeon heard footsteps running towards Minjung’s room and he quickly wiped away an escaped tear. He had to be strong for his brothers.

“Hyung!” Sehun pounced on his back and he gave his eldest hyung a grin. Joonmyeon saw how happy Sehun was and did not know how to break the sad news to him. Sehun suddenly realized that Minjung was not in the room and grew puzzled. It was not like he smelt her scent outside so he assumed she was in the room all along.

“Where’s Minjung?” Joonmyeon wordlessly passed Sehun the letter that Minjung wrote.

Before Sehun could even finish reading the note, the paper was already shaking because the poor boy was crying. Other than Jongin, Minjung was Sehun’s playmate and now that she was gone, he was more than upset. In fact, the moment he read the first sentence, tears were already welled up in his eyes.

Joonmyeon rubbed Sehun’s back in an up-and-down motion, comforting the poor maknae. When he calmed down, Joonmyeon finally spoke. “Let’s go and inform the others, okay?”

Baekhyun, Joonmyeon called and Baekhyun heard him because of his mind control power. Get everyone gathered in the living room.

Joonmyeon and Sehun then went down to the living room and saw that the rest of their family was already there. Baekhyun heard the urgency in Joonmyeon and apparently threatened everyone to come down within 10 seconds or he would pour a bucket on ice water on them. And everyone did come down within that 10 seconds, though most of there were still half asleep.

“Minjung’s gone.” Sehun broke the news and that woke everyone up. Before they could bombard him with questions or that he was just joking, Sehun passed the note for them to read Minjung’s explanation themselves.

Silence engulfed the room when they finished reading the letter. They did not know what to do. Most of them wanted to find Minjung and bring her back but she requested to be alone. Although Minjung was not their sister by blood, she was still part of their family and they love her the same as they love their brothers.

“It’s all your fault!” Chanyeol suddenly snapped as he glared at Jongin. Ever since the day that Jongin tried to hurt Minjung, the both of them had not talked to each other mainly because Chanyeol was still too angry at him.

Jongin ignored him and looked at their leader. “Let’s go and find her.”

“And what are you planning to do when you find her?” Chanyeol spoke before Joonmyeon could. “If she comes back, what she would feel is pain. Do you know how she feels when you are with Minhee? She wants that happiness that the both of you are feeling and yet all she had gotten was pain and sorrow. All she had ever gotten since young was sadness. And when she finally found you, there were hope in her eyes but you just had to push her back into the cold and empty pit again. All you care about now is to find her back because you do not want her to leave but then again you do not care about how she feels when she is back. You really are the best, Kim Jongin.”

It was not Jongin’s fault that he found his soulmate. But Chanyeol had no one to put the blame on except for Jongin. Minjung was special to him. She thought him how to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter