TWO

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hot sun peeked through the curtains of the room. It landed on a certain princess’ face, making her frown at the heat. She stirred in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes. Rubbing them, she sat up while get used to the sudden brightness. A pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist and pulled her back to bed without warning. He buried his head in the crook of her neck while pulling her closer to him. She tried to remove her boyfriend’s arms but he refused to budge.

“Jongin, I need to get up and cook for everyone.” Her soft, melodic voice rang through Jongin’s ears and he opened his eyes, giving her a frown.

“Why are you doing the household chores when you are not our maid?” He mumbled, clearly unhappy about her downgrading herself to be someone of a lower rank. It was not like EXO-K asked to her do any chores. They did not even have time to pamper her, let alone make her work. Minjung was like their precious little baby.

Never once had they asked her to work like a maid or make her do something she does not want. They never forced her to do anything. It was because they know how much pain she felt when she lost her parents when she was young. She never said anything though, but Baekhyun read her thoughts using his powers.

But Minjung insisted on working around the palace to repay EXO-K for their kindness. If it was not for them, she might have been working as a slave or something even worse.

“It’s the least I can do for you guys. I don’t know what would have happened to me if Joonmyeon, Kyungsoo and you did not find me that day.” She told him, her voice full of gratitude.

Jongin reached out to curl a lock of hair behind her ear. Minjung had grown to be so beautiful and he was glad he found her that day. He would not know what he would have done if she were to land in the wrong hands. His eyes searched hers and all that he saw was the love she has for him and his family. Leaning in, he pecked her lips and released his hold on her.

Minjung gave him an adorable smile before heading to the bathroom to wash up. Jongin knows that Minjung felt like she was forever in debt to EXO-K even though he had told her many times that whatever they did was merely just giving a helping hand. However, she refused to listen and insisted the opposite. And he loved that part of her. He loves how she was always so kind and thoughtful of others.

When Minjung got out of the bathroom, she noticed that her boyfriend was already gone. Picking a random dress from her humongous wardrobe, she wore it while thinking of what color shoe she should wear today. Ever since she was here, Eunmin and Miyoun would buy dresses for her even when she did not need it. They were in charge of Minjung’s clothes and them being females, they bought more than enough. The 2 females would always get Minjung adorable dresses and when she got older, they got her simple but yet beautiful dresses. Minjung was the only one sane enough to grab t-shirts and jeans when they went shopping.

She wore a pair of white shoe that complimented her pink dress. As she stood in front of her full-length mirror, she brushed her long, wavy brown hair. Thanks to the superior genes of a vampire, her hair never seemed to get tangled or dry. Even her skin was flawless. Minjung was a petite girl, having the height of only 160 cm. She was beautiful but more towards the cute looking side.

While brushing her hair, she used her power to pack her bed. Ever since EXO-K took her in their care, they made her train her powers so that she can at least control it. They even made her know a bit of self-defense.

When Minjung was done, she headed to the 1st floor to help to prepare breakfast. The maids would greet her whenever she walked past and she would return the gesture with a smile. Minjung soon entered the kitchen and wanted to help the maids with the platting when she got chased out instead. “Princess, let us set up the table instead.”

She pouted and but decided to not disturb their work instead. The other maids went to wake up their princes and she went to Jongin’s room to do the same. “Jongin! It’s time to- Wah!” She opened the door but gave out a cry of surprise when she saw a half- Jongin instead. Blushing deeply, she quickly covered her eyes and turned around.

The tanned skin prince smirked and wore his shirt. He hugged her from the back, his arms hanging loosely on her waist while he kissed the back of her neck. Shocked by his sudden actions, she let out a squeak and removed his hands and ran down to the dinner hall. Jongin chuckled as he watched her run down in a panic mode.

She stopped running when she reached the dinner hall and saw EXO-K having their breakfast. “Morning!” EXO-K greeted.

“Morning.” She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter