TWENTY-FOUR

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris rubbed his wet hair with a towel as he got out of the bathroom. Heading towards the bed, he saw that his soulmate was still sleeping, as she hugged Byunghun closer to her, loving the warmth the fox was emitting. It was just yesterday that EXO had arrived here in Pegasus. And from today onwards, they would have to start focusing on their training.

Throwing the towel on a chair, Kris sat on the bed. Byunghun felt the bed move and he opened an eye. “Breakfast is ready.” Kris gave him a smile and the fox gently got out of Minjung’s hold before heading out of the room. Byunghun would always wake up much earlier than everyone to run around the perimeter, checking for any enemies. And this morning when Kris went to bathe, he took Kris’ place on the bed.

“Minjung-ah.” Kris gently shook her but she did not move. “Babe, you have to wake up now.” He her cheek lovingly and she stirred in her sleep but did not wake up.

Frowning because Minjung was still asleep, Kris tried to think of a way to wake his sleeping beauty up. His usual method to make sure his brothers are up is to either shout in his mind so that everyone would be shock by the sudden loud volume. The other method would be the most classical way: dump a bucket of water on them.

An idea popped into his head and he scooted closer to Minjung. Leaning forward, he pressed his lips to hers, enjoying the usual tingles that would spread throughout his body. He felt her kiss back and her bottom lip. At this point, Minjung was almost fully awake, seeing how it was impossible not to when the tingles hit her like a wall made up of bricks. She allowed his tongue to invade and the two muscles wrestled for dominance.

Kris was now on top of her, using his arms as a cushion so that he would not crush his soulmate. Minjung does not seem to mind though, because she was trying to pull him closer to her. Kris then trailed his kisses down to her jawline and neck, kissing randomly and hoping to find her sweet spot.

“Hyung!” Yixing suddenly burst into the room and the couple pulled away in embarrassment like the other party was a hot stove. They sat up and faced the intruder. “I’m sorry!” Yixing looked away, blushing a little as his mind replayed what he had just seen.

“It’s okay, Yixing. What brings you here?” Minjung told him and he faced them.

“Eunmin, Miyoun, Minhee, Hyera and Jieun have arrived.” He announced.

The news had Minjung jumping out of the bed in excitement and wanted to rush down when Kris stopped her, leading her to the bathroom to wash up first. Yixing smiled when he saw the gentle gaze in his brother’s eyes as he took care of his soulmate that was like a child. She technically was, seeing how he was at least a century older than her.

“Soojin and Yejin are also here.” Yixing added, making Kris stiffen when he heard Yejin’s name.

Minjung gurgled and faced her soulmate. “Yejin likes you right?”

“But you are the only one I love.” He quickly explained, not wanting her to misunderstand.

“I know, Yifan.” She placed his hand over her heart. “I can feel it here.” He nodded and pecked her lips before cleaning her face with a wet cloth.

Yixing looked at Minjung in gratitude. Everyone could see that the ice prince of EXO-M has finally melted into a puddle of water ever since he met his soulmate. She did nothing to change him, as her existence was enough to do so. You must really mean a lot to hyung. You are the only one other than his mother who is allowed to call him by his real name.

“We will be right down.” Kris told Yixing and the younger male nodded before heading out of the room.

Minjung went to the wardrobe to choose her outfit when Kris cupped her face so he could look into her eyes. Because they have not mated, the soulmate bond was not completed and he was unable to read her thoughts. “I promise I won’t let her get close to me.”

She removed his hands but did not let go of them. “Don’t be silly, Yifan. She’s your childhood friend.” However, her expression turned sad and Kris wanted to comfort her when she spoke first. “It’s just that, I feel like she’s trouble.”

“I won’t let her come between us. As long as you are with me, I don’t care what trouble she would create.” He pulled her into his embrace and held her tightly, as if she would disappear if he does not hold her tightly enough.

You are all that I will ever need, Minjung-ah.

 

“Unnie!” Minjung practically jumped onto Eunmin and Miyoun. The two females would have fell if their husbands were not behind them supporting the weight. And when they screamed like fangirls, the poor guys had to cover their ears.

The three of them were bouncing, happy to see each other again. The last time they had been separated for so long was when Jongin found his soulmate.

Speaking of Jongin’s soulmate, Minhee was beside them, smiling at the interaction. Minjung knew that she was a shy lady, and even Minjung felt that such personality suited the best with Jongin’s. The youngest pulled Minhee into the group and she was shocked but also happy. After all, Minhee was still feeling guilty for ‘snatching’ Jongin away back then. It was true that Minjung is now happy with Kris, but it was also a fact that she was once hurt badly because of Jongin and Minhee.

“Minjung,” Hyera and Jieun went to the group of girls and Minjung grinned. She grabbed onto one of their hands and swung it around playfully.

“Unnie,” She singsong and they chuckled at her cuteness. Minjung introduced Seyoung to the girls and needless to say, Seyoung was accepted as quickly as how Minhee was. Even Eunmin, Miyoun and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter