THIRTEEN

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know, I was thinking that wouldn’t it be better for Minjung to be out by herself?” Sehun spoke. It has been days since Minjung left and EXO-K has not stopped searching for her. They gave out notices and rewards but still none of them were enough for them to find her. “I mean if she comes back then she would have to see hyung and Minhee noona so close. I’m afraid she wouldn’t be able to take it. That is also the reason why she left us, right? Then wouldn’t it be better if she is not here?”

Chanyeol sighed. He could not disagree with Sehun because he knew that the maknae was right. But he was selfish. He wanted her back. “I never expected you to speak such wise words, maknae. But I can’t possibly let her go like that. She is our family and family sticks together. Plus, I already miss her.”

“The best solution is for her to find her soulmate. Then she wouldn’t be hurting like this now.” Joonmyeon said and his brothers agreed.

All of a sudden, an anxious Kyungsoo entered the room with Baekhyun behind him. “Guys! We found her!”

 

---

“What do you mean bad news?” Zitao asked Advisor Choi, the royal advisor and also Soojin’s and Yejin’s father. EXO-M was gathered around to discuss about the incident involving the maid just now when their royal advisor suddenly requested to see them urgently.

“Years back during the Wenner War, the enemies that you guys fought were not vampires.” Everyone frowned at his words. What did he mean by that? They were pretty sure that they were fighting with vampires then. “They were shape shifters.”

EXO-M was shocked when Advisor Choi said that. Shape shifters were part of the creatures of the moon and they were ruthless and cruel, and not to mention, strong.

“Back then, they invaded the West and if the humans and remaining vampires do not listen to them, they will be killed like their king. And now I am afraid that the creatures are planning to attack us soon. It would be easier to attack the North and South if they got us first. That way, they can attack both sides.”

“How accurate are you that they were attack us first? Or that they will attack at all? It’s true that they are ruthless but it has been almost 10 years since they ever did something like that.” Minseok spoke. The rest of his brothers did not say anything. They knew that Minseok had a point, but also Advisor Choi.

“To be on the safe side, I say we form an ally with the South and North. Once the creatures know that we are all united, they would think twice before they attack.” Kris suggested and they agreed. “I will talk to them tomorrow.”

Heading up to find Minjung, Kris found himself being nervous. He was hardly the type to get nervous but the thought of Minjung being sad because of her parents made him nervous. He was thinking of ways to comfort her if she was still sulking. He does not mind if she sulked though, because it was only natural for her to do. Besides, she was like a kid compared to him. He finds it adorable instead of annoying.

“Minjung?” He knocked on the door before opening it. Minjung was on the bed weeping because she was thinking about her parents. She does not remember much, but that did not means she does not love them. In fact, she misses them so much. When she heard Kris coming into the room, she wanted to wipe her tears when he did that for her. His large hands caress her face while his thumbs wiped her tears away.

Kris was right; she was still upset.

“I need to go.” She murmured as she reluctantly pulled his hand away.

“Where are you going?” He grabbed onto her hand but she pulled away and got out of the bed.

“Like I said, I need to get to the West.” Grabbing her bag, she opened the door but Kris slammed the door shut before pressing her against the wall, his face dangerously close to hers. Minjung gasped at the sudden lost of personal space and she struggled to get out of his grip but that only made him tighten his hold on her hands.

“You can’t leave!” He shouted and she cringed. “Please, Minjung. You are my soulmate, the reason why I am living.”

Minjung narrowed her eyes at his lies. “I would know if you are my soulmate. Joonmyeon said we would know the moment we laid our eyes on them.”

“He is right, which is why I know that you are my soulmate.” Kris started but she looked away, not wanting to listen to him. “Goddammit Minjung! Why won’t you at least try to listen to my explanation?”

Even at his outburst, she still did not look at him. “If you are going to find excuses and push the blame of the death of my parents to someone else then I’m not interested to listen to it.”

Kris let out a low growl before making a cut on his hand. The smell of his blood filled the room and Minjung felt her heart skipped a beat. It couldn’t be. I just had my fill of blood. Why do I desperately want his?

Kris saw her eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter