TWENTY-TWO

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Goddess,” Advisor Choi spoke and Minjung got out of Kris’ hold to look at him, including some of the others in the room. “I suggest that you make haste to the South to find the Grand Sorcerer before the sun sets. It will be more dangerous as the creatures of the moon gets stronger at night.”

Minjung was immediately unsettled not only because they had to continued the dangerous journey but also the ‘warning’ Sehun told her this morning. “When he attacked me, he told me that his Master said that it was a token for the new Goddess. I don’t know what he meant by that and what he intends to do. But we will not allow anything happen to you, Minjung.”

Minjung was scared for herself and for her family, but she got to do what she got to do. She just hopes that the sooner she finished this, the higher the chances of her loved ones being safe.

Looking at her family and friends and they gave her signs of agreement. “And so we shall.” She told him.

Advisor Choi instructed the maids to enter the room and the maids did as told, each carrying haversacks that contained food, water and clothes. As they helped the royalties with the bags, Minjung faced her doe eyed brother.

“Kyungsoo, is it possible to directly teleport to the place?” She had just gotten her new power a few days back when the creatures attacked so she had been training with Kyungsoo on how to control it.

“I’m afraid it’s not.” He spoke. “Teleportation is a power that links to our mind to tell it where we want to go. So if it were some place that we have never been before, it would not work. Imagining it would be an absolute no as well, as we might get lost in time and space if such place does not exist.”

“We can head to the South first.” Joonmyeon spoke and Kyungsoo nodded in agreement. EXO-K had been near the border of the South before by running through the West. It was during the Wenner War and they were helping the innocent civilians of the South who were being attack. That was when they found Minjung in the West.

The younger male recalled how the border along the South looked and Baekhyun linked his mind to Minjung’s so she would know how it looks like as well. When he once done, he opened his eyes and so did she. Baekhyun released his power on them. As everyone held hands, Kyungsoo gave hers a squeeze of encouragement, telling her that she would be able to do this.

Minjung’s worry was not about not being to teleport there, but whether she would be able to safely do so while teleporting the rest as well. Kris, who had felt her worries, rubbed soothing circles on the back of her palm of her hand that he was holding.

“Whenever you are ready.” He told her as he gathered his energy. It would be tough for Minjung to teleport so many people at once since she had only started using her new found power. So Kyungsoo took on the responsibility to try and teleport everyone himself, and using Minjung’s power as a backup energy that would help him boosts his power.

Their Goddess took a deep breath as she closed her eyes. She could feel the many currents of energy running through her body and knew she was ready. The last thing she heard was Advisor Choi telling them to be safe. And then they disappeared.

The first thing that registered in her head was the chirping of birds that sounded like they were singing. The movement tiny feet of what sounded like the running of squirrels headed towards them, but stopped at a safe distance. Opening her eyes, Minjung saw that they were in a middle of a forest. The rest looked around in confusion whereas Joonmyeon, Kyungsoo and Jongin knew where they were. They had run past here and only caught a glance of the gates from far once.

“Over there.” Jongin pointed ahead as he and his brothers led the way. Not releasing each other’s hands, the newest couple followed their friends with Byunghun behind them.

When EXO neared the border, an unfamiliar scent caught their attention which had them surrounding Minjung like a shield. They were out in the open and anyone here could be a potential foe. With his heightened sense of smell, Byunghun narrowed down to where the intruder would be. His body went into a battle stance mode, preparing to pounce on the threat.

As if the person knew Byunghun was about to attack him with no mercy, he made himself visible and kneeled down on one knee. “I come with no harm. I’m merely just here to the Goddess and her Chosen Warriors to the gates safely.”

When he looked up, they could tell that he was a royalty just like them and relaxed. Minjung took a step forward and they gave way to her so that she could walk towards the guy that was still kneeling on the ground, Byunghun following right behind her like a shadow. Noticing the raw power coming from his Goddess, he lowered his head once more. However, a hand appeared in his vision and his eyes trailed to the owner of the hand.

Minjung gave him a shy smile, which he found himself immediately smiling back as he placed his hand in hers so that she could help him up. Liking the contact, he led her to the border, all the while not letting go of her hand.

On the way there, Minjung found that that his name was Yang Yoseob and including him, the South had a total of six Princes. The South is more reserved and the citizens of the South rarely exit the gates. The only people who do so are the hunters or traders. And unlike the North and the East, the Princes of the South were not brothers, but best friends. They called themselves BEAST.

“But a beast is not supposed to be as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter