SEVEN

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room was filled with silence. Kris did not move and so did Minjung. It was as if he did not want to shock the already surprised her and it was like he was a dream so she did not dare to carelessly move. However, Kris was really there in front of her, flesh and all. But she found it impossible, knowing that both the North and the East are enemies and Kris is one of the rulers of the East. Stepping over the boundary would mean war.

And that was why none of them spoke: they had too many ‘whys’ and ‘what ifs’ running in their mind.

The only sound that could be heard was the ticking of the clock that was hanging on the wall. Minjung studied his features and realized he was more than just breathtaking. He was so handsome that he could be considered as flawless as a God. The smooth, pale skin complimented his dark brown eyes and blonde hair. His sharp nose and jaw emphasized his lips. All of a sudden, Minjung felt ugly standing right next to him.

But for Kris, he felt like he had found someone that was so beautiful that nothing could be compared to her. Not diamonds or gems or jade. Minjung had the same smooth, pale skin that was commonly found among the vampires. Her thick eyelashes only made her brown orbs bigger and deeper, as if Kris was falling into a pool of chocolate. Together with her doe eyes, small cherry red lips and long, wavy brown curls, Yoon Minjung practically looked like a walking doll.

“May I know your name?” Kris broke the silence. He could not wait any second longer without knowing the name of his soulmate.

“Yoon Minjung.” She said, forgetting that Kris had just trespassed into the North.

“What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.” The ends of his lips tilted up to a smile as he complimented her. Hearing his words, a blush unwillingly went up to her cheeks and he realized that. That made him want to brush his thumb over her cheeks to feel how soft her skin was. But he had to resist all movements of wanting to touch her or it might scare her away.

He tried to take a step towards Minjung but that resulted in her moving back a step. With that, he immediately stopped, respecting her right of her own space of privacy. “Why are you here? Are you kept here as maid? Or maybe a housekeeper?”

Kris knew that Minjung was not just a servant under the EXO-K. He knew that their relationship was something stronger and deeper but he just did not want to accept the truth. It was obvious, seeing how she was playing with EXO-K like they were a family instead. But Kris wanted to deny it. He wanted to believe that maybe his soulmate was not so attached to EXO-K so he can bring her away without much trouble.

“I am here because I was adopted.” A frown was immediately formed on her forehead when she remembered the agony she received when she was a kid. She could not remember much, but she could recall the pain of losing her parents. “I am here because of your selfish act. You caused the Wenner war and caused the death of my parents who were trying to protect me. I am here because EXO-K adopted me when I was defenseless and helpless and had nowhere to go. So I suggest you leave and never come back because I do not want to see you again.”

The happiness on Kris’ face was replaced with shock and sadness. He was already blaming himself for hurting her and he felt his heart ache when she said she never wants to see him again.

“This can’t be.” He was so shocked by her words that his voice turned into a whisper. The thought of never seeing her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter