NINE

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence engulfed the room. The only sound that could be heard was coming from Minjung. After crying her heart out at Jongin’s sudden attack, she managed to calm herself down with the help of Chanyeol.

Chanyeol let out a sad sigh as he Minjung’s head while she slept. As he never had a girlfriend or a soulmate, he does not know much about a woman’s heart but he was sure that he has never seen her this unhappy before. EXO-K had always tried to protect her ever since she joined them, but there were just some things that they cannot protect her from.

Letting out another sigh, he planted a gentle kiss on her forehead and left the room.

EXO-K heard Chanyeol approaching them and Jongin was immediately up on his feet when he saw his brother. “How is she?” His voice was barely a whisper but Chanyeol heard it. Jongin was afraid; he was scared that Minjung was hurt and that she would hate him and he did not want that to happen. She was important to him, even if his first priority was now Minhee.

Chanyeol glared at the younger male for a few seconds before letting out a scoff of disgust. “Oh, so you still care about her?” Pushing Jongin aside with his shoulder, he wanted to sit beside Joonmyeon but Jongin held him back.

“Of course I care about her! I love her!”

“You love her?” The older male spun around and jabbed Jongin in the chest. “Search deep down inside and tell me if you really love her. Because if you do, you would not have hurt her like that!”

“I-”

Chanyeol grabbed a fistful of Jongin’s shirt, pulling him so close that the younger male could feel his brother’s breath on his face. “How can you say you love her when you were kissing someone else. And if that was not enough, you even tried to kill her! Is that your definition of love, Kim Jongin?”

“Enough.” Joonmyeon spoke before either of them could continue their quarrel. With those words, Baekhyun gently removed Chanyeol’s fingers from Jongin’s shirt and pulled them apart. Kyungsoo then went to Jongin and made him sit down, hoping that he would calm down.

“How’s Minjung?” Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol ran a hand through his hair in frustration before looking at his best friend. “She’s traumatized. She blamed herself for whatever that just happened and I could not help her with the pain, Baek.”

Baekhyun saw the agony in Chanyeol eyes and gave him a sad smile. “I’m pretty sure none of us could have made it better because it is all over now.”

Joonmyeon knew what Baekhyun was trying to say and he had the same thoughts as Baekhyun. “Jongin, Minhee is your soulmate, am I not wrong?”

“Yes,” He stiffly nodded, looking at the ground in guilt. “The moment I saw her, she was all I could see and then I knew that she was the one. And when Minjung attacked her, all that was in me was anger. My mind kept telling me to kill the attacker, to make him pay for hurting my soulmate. I can’t believe I hurt Minjung.” He buried his face in his hands. Kyungsoo squeezed Jongin’s shoulder for comfort and encouragement.

“Do you still love her?” Joonmyeon asked. Jongin wanted to say ‘yes’, but he knows that the love he has for Minjung has now changed. It was not like he wanted this to happen, but his emotions were leading him on and it was only natural for all living things to behave like that. The sudden change confused him. One part of him does not want to let go of Minjung, yet the other part wants him to embrace Minhee.

“Tell her the truth and let her go. If you keep clinging onto her, she would be the one to suffer instead.” Joonmyeon said and left the room. The maknae, who had kept quiet all these while, gave his hyung one last glance before leaving

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter