FOURTEEN

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What you mean by that?” Kris asked Luhan as he got out of bed, Minjung following suit.

Luhan looked at Minjung before looking back to his leader. “It’s EXO-K. They know that Minjung is here and demanded her back. It was supposed to be a peaceful confrontation but one of the guards started attacking and they responded.”

How did they know that she’s here? Kris turned to his soulmate. “Stay here, okay? I’ll go and solve the problem.”

“I’m going with you. They know that I am here and if you try to deny that fact, they will get angrier.”

Kris frowned and he had his arms wrapped around her waist, as if someone were to steal her from him right now. “No. Absolutely not. They want you back and I won’t be able to take it if you are being taken away from me.”

Minjung cupped the left side of his face with her hand and he naturally leaned into her touch. “I won’t let them do that. I want to be with you too. But I am the only one who is able to calm them at this moment and I do not want you guys to fight. Besides, we are family and they would be able to understand me.”

Kris thought for a while before agreeing.

The three of them headed down and Minjung saw her brothers there. However, they were too busy fighting off EXO-M, Soojin and Yejin to realize that she had arrived.

Minjung scanned around to find Joonmyeon when she saw Yejin making a sharp ice shard and threw it towards Chanyeol’s direction. As Chanyeol’s back was facing her, he was unaware of the danger approaching him. Without thinking, Minjung used her telekinesis power to direct the ice shard in the opposite direction, aiming at Yejin. Yejin saw the shard coming towards her and tried to dodge but she was too slow. The shard grazed her arm and she hissed in pain. A few drops of blood trickled down but Minjung ignored her. Instead, she went to Chanyeol.

“Yeol, are you okay?” She checked his body for injuries and was welcomed with a bone-crushing hug.

“We thought we lost you.” He chocked a sob as he hugged her tightly.

Minjung immediately felt guilty for making her brothers worry about her. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to run away. I just wanted a breather.” She apologized as she hugged him back.

Chanyeol pulled away and gave her a smile. “It’s okay. We understand.”

“You !” They heard Yejin scream and saw her charging towards their direction. However, before she could even go near Minjung or Chanyeol, Kris had already stopped her. He grabbed onto her wrist so tightly that she winced in pain.

“I don’t care if you are my best friend. No one touches Minjung.” Yejin nodded in pain and he released her. “Everyone stop fighting!” He bellowed and they looked at him. EXO-M listened to their leader while EXO-K went to Minjung when they saw her there.

“Minjung!” Jongin hugged her. “Are you okay? Are you here? What are you doing here anyway? Did they kidnap you?” He bombarded her with questions.

“Relax, Jongin. I’m fine.” She assured him.

Joonmyeon let out a sigh of relief. “Let’s go home then. They are dangerous.”

“No!” Kris shouted and pulled Minjung away from Jongin’s hold before placing an arm around her waist. “She’s staying here.”

“Get your filthy hands off her.” Jongin dangerously growled.

“Make me.” Kris taunted.

“Stop it!” Minjung whacked the back of both of their heads. “Aish! The both of you are behaving like kids.” She chided.

Joonmyeon looked at Minjung and saw the sudden change in her. The last time he saw her, her eyes would be filled with tears whenever she saw Jongin. But now, it was like the fact that her heart had been heartbroken did not affect her anymore. His eyes trailed to the arm around her waist that belonged to Kris. She knew that EXO-M was their enemy but she did nothing to remove his hand. If anything, she was leaning towards him. It was like the natural reaction a pair of soulmates had for each other. Joonmyeon’s eyes widened when he realized what he had just thought. Don’t tell me..

“Appa,” Minjung spoke and Joonmyeon looked at her. “I want to stay here. I finally found him, appa.” She announced, holding Kris’ hand in hers and he lifted their hands up so he can plant a kiss on the back of her palm. Minjung felt the warmth of his lips and the tingles when he kissed her and she looked up at him to give him a smile.

“Are you trying to say that this giant is your soulmate?” Sehun exclaimed and she nodded.

“How can her soulmate be the enemy? That’s impossible!” Chanyeol shouted.

Kyungsoo grinned at the news. “Anything is possible, Yeol. You will understand once you find your soulmate.” Facing Joonmyeon, he nodded towards the new couple. “Hyung, you should let her stay here.”

“What? How can we leave her with the enemy?” Baekhyun demanded but Joonmyeon shook his head.

“Kyungsoo’s right. And from now on, EXO-M is not the enemy. They are just.. strangers.” Joonmyeon told his brothers before threatening Kris. “Take care of her. If you make her cry, don’t expect to see another day. If you break her heart, I will annihilate the East.”

Minjung knew that Joonmyeon was just giving Kris an empty threat about annihilating the East. But she was sure the Joonmyeon would still go after Kris if he hurts her and she felt touched. “Appa.” She hugged him.

“Take care okay? Come back once in a while to help me deal with those annoying pipsqueaks.” He pointed at EXO-K and their jaw dropped, flabbergasted by his words.

Minjung laughed and nodded. “I definitely will.” Joonmyeon smiled when he heard her laughter. It has been so long since he last heard it. If being with Kris would make her happy, then he was more than willing to let them be together. Kissing the top of her head, he was about to leave with EXO-K when Kris stopped them.

“We need to talk. It’s regarding the creatures of the moon.”

 

---

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter