TWENTY-THREE

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is hyung crazy?” Sehun whispered as EXO and BEAST watched the scene in front of them like it was a show.

“Totally insane.” Jongin agreed and they hi-fived each other.

So sweet, and so goddamn addictive.

Chanyeol pulled away to let his human soulmate breathe while he gave a satisfied sigh. Now that he had found his other half, he knew his life was completed. He opened his eyes just to see her staring back. He could see the shock and confusion on her face. Being too excited, Chanyeol had momentarily forgotten she was a human and does not know anything about having a soulmate.

Which was why Chanyeol thought he was going to get beaten when she reached out towards him.

Instead of doing so, she grabbed onto the collar of his shirt and tugged it down till it exposed the left side of his collarbone. Before anyone could respond, she had already leaned forward and pressed her lips to the spot just right above the collarbone. Chanyeol flushed a deep red at the boldness of his soulmate while Jongin already had his hands over the maknae’s eyes to protect his innocence.

A marking of a small flower appeared on the spot where Chanyeol’s soulmate had kissed it Chanyeol realized that it was a flower he had never seen before. The marking let out a blue glow for a few seconds before both the light and the marking disappeared.

Everyone was staring in shock and they only had one question on their mind: What the bloody hell just happened?

She then wrapped her arms around Chanyeol’s waist and rested her head on his broad chest and he hugged her back. “We’ve finally met, Park Chanyeol.” She sighed in happiness.

Joonmyeon cleared his throat and that finally seemed to catch the attention of the new couple. She peeked over Chanyeol’s shoulder and scanned through the crowd. Now that they were now closer, she was able to see them clearly. Her eyes met Minjung’s and she detached herself from Chanyeol’s hold before kneeling down on one knee.

“I’m sorry for not realizing who you were earlier, my Goddess. Please forgive me for attacking you.” She held her head low in apology.

“Please rise.” Minjung gave her a smile and she thanked her before straightening herself. Chanyeol was immediately by her side as he held her close to him.

“I know you are here to meet the Grand Sorcerer. My name is Nam Seyoung and the Grand Sorcerer is my grandfather.”

Now EXO and BEAST knew why she smelled like a human but also knew that Minjung was the Goddess. A sorcerer is partially human and they give off the same smell as the humans do. It was to protect the race of sorcerers that does not have the same physical abilities as the other species. A sorcerer would be born with magic in them, but they would not be able to use their magic unless they learn the ways of doing so. And the magic that sorcerers have is different from the powers of vampires. A sorcerer uses their magic to cast a spell and such spells are usually used as a support for the vampires in wars.

In return, the vampires promised the safety of the sorcerers from other species. The sorcerers did not have to worry about vampires drinking their blood because the vampires would not be able to absorb the magic that runs in the blood. It would only make the vampire go crazy and end up dead. The only exception is that if a vampire and a sorcerer are soulmates. That was also why after so many years, the vampires and sorcerers are able to co-exist together.

“And the both of you are soulmates, right?” Baekhyun asked.

The newest couple looked each other before breaking out into a grin. Seyoung nodded, answering Baekhyun’s question. “I almost punched his teeth out when he suddenly kissed me. But then one of the reasons why a vampire would act like is because they found their soulmate. So I had to do that there and then to confirm that we are soulmates. My marking will appear if he is destined to be mine. Plus we would know the name of our other half when we reach a certain age. We can also know how our other half looks like but I didn’t want to. I wanted our meeting to be fated because if we are really destined together then we will eventually find each other.”

Minjung pulled the girl towards her and engulfed her into a tight hug. “Oh Gods, she is just so adorable. I bet Miyoun and Eunmin unnie will go crazy for her too.” Minjung gushed.

Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon chuckled in agreement while the others laughed when they saw the shock expression on Seyoung’s face.

 

“Grandfather! The Goddess has arrived!” Seyoung shouted the moment she entered the small cottage. The rest followed her and gasped when they stepped into the house. On the outside, it seemed like a small, cozy house but it was huge in the inside, thanks to magic. Although it was big, the books and potion bottles took up most of the space. There were also numerous doors on the walls.

A man who was around the same height as Sehun was already standing there before Seyoung entered. He knew that the Goddess and her Chosen Warriors were coming. The white streaks in his hair showed his age and the wrinkles around his eyes deepened when he smiled. “It’s nice to finally meet you, Goddess.” He bowed and Minjung returned the gesture.

“Same here, Grand Sorcerer.”

“Would the Goddess and her Chosen Warriors follow me? The rest can take a seat while waiting.” The Grand Sorcerer said and headed further into the house. Minjung told Byunghun to wait with BEAST and they went into a room that was as dark as the night. When the Grand Sorcerer closed the door, the room turned pitch black and Minjung immediately reach out for Kris’ hand in fear. The moment she touched him, the tingles comforted her and he squeezed back in assurance that he was there.

The Grand Sorcerer told them to form a circle. As they were vampires, their vision was already adjusting to the darkness and they moved quickly without bumping into each other. Once that was done, a crystal ball with a layer of water around it suddenly appeared in the middle of the circle and it was floating in mid-air. It gave out a dim glow that felt similar to the warmth of the sun.

“Goddess, please touch the crystal ball.” The Grand Sorcerer instructed. Minjung reluctantly release Kris’ hand and headed towards the crystal ball. She reach out to carefully touch it and was surprised when the water around the crystal ball came into contact with her fingers. It looked like a layer of water, yet she could not feel it at all. “You have to show your resolve to Goddess Jaehye before she can entrust you with the powers.”

Resolve? But I don’t have any. I don’t even want to be part of this mess to begin with. And I don’t want to see any of them hurt. She let out an inaudible sigh.

As Minseok and Baekhyun had combined their powers to link all of their minds together, EXO could hear what Minjung was thinking, but she did not know that. They could feel the hesitance and sadness in her thoughts and wondered if they had pushed her too hard. It was true that she had asked them for help, but she was only trained to defend herself. She might not be able to take the pressure that would come with this responsibility.

But if doing this would be able to protect our kind then I am more than willing to do so. Besides, they even dared to touch our maknae. I’m not going to let him get hurt for nothing. We will win this not only for Sehunnie but also for the innocent people that are getting involved. And if their leader dare to ask us to spare him, I would most probably tell him, “Well, you too” before kicking him in the nuts. Twice. She quickly added the last word.

EXO laughed wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter