SEVENTEEN

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is insane!” Minjung stomped around the room in anger while Kris was just watching her in amusement. Through the days that he knew her, she was patient and understanding. She was also tough and strong but yet soft-spoken at times. But seeing her like this was like seeing another side to her. All of a sudden, she seemed like a kid that was denied of having something and was throwing her tantrum.

“I think it’s really pretty.” Kris said, hoping it would help calm his soulmate down. When Minjung screamed just now, it woke up practically everyone and Baekhyun had to mind linked them to ensure they were safe because it was the fastest way. When Minjung told him everything was alright, he told the rest and everyone relaxed.

Minjung looked at the mirror again and pouted. One of the things she loved the most was the natural hazel colour hair that many do not have. And yet her hair was now blonde and the tip of it was light pink.

“I agree with Kris.” Byunghun spoke and both of them looked at him. “Yellow, or in this case blonde, represents mind and intellect, happiness and fun and communication of new ideas, which also means that you will be the joy of your people, bringing them happiness. Pink represents unconditional love, compassion, nurturing and hope. It also means that you are someone who will care and love your people a lot. Doesn’t everything make sense now?” He went to Minjung to make her sit on the bed so that she would calm down. He only slept for a few minutes before deciding that all the freaking out was bad for her health.

“Yes, he’s right.” Kris did not know what Byunghun was talking about but agreed with him in hopes that his soulmate would not be so upset. “Wait, how do you know my name and who are you?”

Byunghun bowed deeply before looking at Kris. “Goddess Minjung named me ‘Byunghun’. I’m a mythical fox and also her protector.”

Kris shifted his gaze from Byunghun to Minjung. It was no wonder why he was feeling like there was a huge source of power near him but did not know what it was. Ever since he woke up, he felt this sudden urge to protect Minjung though he does not know why. For normal vampires, they would know that Minjung was their Goddess if they felt that way. But for Kris, he had been feeling like this all the time because she was his soulmate. It does not make sense but I’m afraid it is true. He glanced at the symbol on her hand.

“It does not make sense to me too.” Minjung blurted out before realizing what just happened. “H-How did I..?” She looked at Byunghun for explanations and was glad that the fox had some.

“Mind controlling is one of the new powers that you had easily gained mainly because you know how it works thanks to your brother.” He referred to Baekhyun. Minjung was surprised yet amazed at the same time. She did not know how she managed to do it because it came to her naturally. “Goddess, I know you are not fond of your new hair colour but it is where your strength comes from.”

Minjung sadly fondled with her hair but nodded. She was not fond of it, but she could grow to love it.

For the past minute, Kris was thinking of what he should do. How does one react to the fact that his soulmate had just turned into the Goddess of vampires overnight? “I’m still me, Kris.” Minjung gently squeezed his hand and that brought him back to reality.

“Of course you are. But you are also a Goddess. Damn, what if you have to save me? My name on the ‘Strongest Princes’ list will dropped to ‘Help I Need My Soulmate To Save Me’ list. That’s so uncool.” He faked a groan. Minjung chuckle at his silliness and leaned her head on his shoulder.

“If that happens, I will make Joonmyeon save you.”

Kris faked a gasp. “That would be worse! I will enter the ‘My Enemy Saved Me And I’m Indebted To Him For Life’ list!” Minjung laughed and gently hit Kris’ chest while Byunghun had a confused look on his face. The last he heard, there were no such lists except for the ‘Strongest Prince’ list. What he did not understand was that Kris was just joking.

Kris tackled Minjung to the bed and tickled her sides. Her laughter grew and Byunghun smiled, contended at the sound of her happiness. Minjung easily flipped Kris over and the both of them were shocked at her sudden strength. She was the first one to snap out of it and she pecked his lips. “I’m going to wash up.”

Kris watched Minjung enter the bathroom with a smile on his face. She’s so beautiful and strong. And she’s mine. Feeling someone’s gaze on him, he shifted his attention to the only other person in the room and saw that Byunghun was staring at him. “What is it?”

“You love Goddess a lot.” Byunghun stated and Kris rolled his eyes at the obvious. “Does she feel the same way as you?”

“Yeap, though I probably love her more than she knows.”

Byu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter