ELEVEN

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let go of her, you filthy and worthless vermin.” A familiar voice growled. Minjung saw a flashed of blonde before he threw the attacker away from her. Worried that the attacker might strike again, he stood protectively in front of her. “Leave, before I make you.” He threatened. The attacker knew that Kris was too powerful for him so he quickly ran away.

“K-Kris?” Minjung whispered and he spun around to meet her eyes.

“I’m so glad I found you. Are you okay? Are you hurt? Did he do anything to you?” Kris searched her body for any injuries. She shook her head to tell him that she was fine. “What are you doing here?” He asked and she shook her head again. She did not want to talk about it and remember about the bad memories. She wants to forget them.

“I need to get going.” She was about to walk away when a wave of dizziness hit her and she swayed. Kris noticed that and held her in his arms for support, trying to ignore the sparks he felt when their skin made contact.

“What’s wrong?” He asked as he gently placed her on the ground, adjusting her head so that she was resting on his shoulder. Minjung closed her eyes, hoping that the dizziness would go away while Kris patiently waited for her. He could not help but to want the time to stop so that she would forever be in his arms while he stared at her beautiful face.

Minjung opened her eyes and he saw that it was blood red in colour. “When was the last time you had blood?” He asked.

Groaning at the mention of blood, she tucked her head further so that her forehead touched his neck. At this moment, she does not care if Kris was the enemy. All she knows was that it was comfortable to lean on him and she wanted to continue to do so until she was no longer dizzy. Kris on the other hand, was shocked at her sudden action but was not complaining at all. In fact, he loves it because it was like her body knows he was her soulmate even though her mind refuses that fact.

“Take from me.” He said and Minjung moved away to look at him.

“Why?” She questioned. Not anyone shares blood with another vampire. It was usually family members or soulmates who do so. And a royalty does not easily give their blood because they were far stronger than commoners. If a commoner drinks from a royalty, he might have the power to kill the royalty. Minjung might be a royalty by rank but by blood, she was not. If Kris gives his blood to her, she would be able to grow stronger.

Kris reached out to caress her cheek. He expected her to push him away but she did not. In fact, she let out a soft sigh and pressed her cheek to his hand. “I love you and I don’t want you to be weak. Please trust me. All that I do, I do for you.” She searched his eyes for any hint of prank but all she saw was sincerity and love. She still was not sure whether he was lying or not, but for now, she needed blood and he was willing to give her his.

“Do it.” He lifted her up and she kneeled in front of him. He tilted his head to give her better access and she leaned towards him. Closing her eyes, she concentrated on him and smelled the blood. The delicious smell almost drove her insane and she opened her eyes before sinking her fangs into Kris’ neck. The moment his warm and sweet blood touched her tongue, she immediately craved for more. It was the best blood she has ever tasted and it scared her that she wanted more. Entranced by the blood, she let her vampire instincts take over and she was soon wrapping her arms around his neck while she climbed onto his lap so she could have more of the delicious liquid.

Drink as much as you want, love. Only the blood of the soulmate can satisfy a vampire’s thirst. Kris thought as he the back of her head.

Minjung took one more gulp of blood before pulling away. “Thank you.” She mumbled, embarrassed that she was practically all over him just now.

“It’s nothing.” Kris smiled. He was a little weak now due to blood loss but it was for his soulmate. He then noticed that there was a bit of blood on her lips and he reached out to brush it away with his thumb. She felt butterflies in her stomach when he did that. Trying to ignore the feeling, she touched his wound to heal it.

When she was done, she retracted her hand and looked at the ground shyly. Kris felt stronger than just now and when he touched his wound, he realized that it was no longer there. “You can heal? Is that your power?” He asked and she nodded. He gave her a proud smile before getting up and pulling her to her feet as well. “Let’s get you home.” As much as he does not want to pass her back to the North, he felt that she do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter