TWENTY-ONE

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan let out a sigh as he removed the wet cloth that was lying on Sehun’s forehead. It has been three days since the creatures attacked and Luhan never left his side. Hyera stayed beside him without any complain because she knows how Luhan felt. Luhan persuaded her to rest when he noticed how tired she was.

After Byunghun miraculously saved Sehun, the vampire started to have a high fever and it worried them because vampires never fall sick. Even with the help of the healers, they could do nothing to get rid of the fever. The fever was not the only side effect from the silver as Sehun had been sleeping ever since then. Byunghun had told them not to worry, saying that once the fever is gone and if he wakes up, he would be as good as new.

Pressing his forehead against Sehun’s, he tried to check his temperature but then again, he knows nothing much of having a fever. All he knows was that Sehun did not feel as hot as before. He wetted the cloth again before placing it back on Sehun’s forehead. Please wake up soon, Sehun-ah.

Ever since that day, Luhan could not wait for Sehun to wake up so that he could dote on the younger male. Even if his brothers disliked EXO-K and opposed of them being friends, he would still do so.

The sick male on the bed let out a soft groan and Luhan was already on his feet. “Hunnie? Are you awake? Can you hear me?”

However, only silence filled the room and Luhan sighed in disappointment. I must be hearing things. He headed back to his seat only to notice that Sehun was looking at him, his eyes filled with warmth and relief at the same time. “Sehun?” He whispered, as if afraid that he was imagining things and that it would go away if he spoke too loudly.

Sehun opened his mouth to speak but let out a cough instead. With that, the older male knew that Sehun was really awake. He was so happy that he pounced onto the bed and hugged the poor boy as tight as he could, trying to assure himself that Sehun was alright and well. “You’re awake! I can’t believe it!”

“And I’m dying again due to suffocation by the guy that I risked my life for.” Sehun faked a sob and Luhan quickly pulled away, his eyes wide.

“What? I wasn’t trying to kill you!”

A small laughter erupted from Sehun but it soon turned to a cough. He was feeling normal, except for the fact that the place he was stabbed was still sore. His body felt stiff and sore too, and he wondered how long he had slept for. He noticed that Luhan was giving him a worried look. “What is it?” He asked before trying to sit up with Luhan’s help.

“Are you really okay? Are you feeling uncomfortable anywhere?” He poked around Sehun’s body, checking if Sehun was really recovered.

The younger male raised an eyebrow at his words. “Should I be?”

Luhan let out a sigh of relief (one that he had been keeping for days) and made himself comfortable on the spot of the bed that Sehun was lying in. “It’s just that… you almost died, Hun. And it scared me so much. We did not really know each other but yet you are willing to risk your life for mine but I wasn’t able to keep my promise. That was the least I could have done but I didn’t.”

“Yup, you didn’t.” Sehun scoffed and Luhan looked at him with teary eyes. “You did more than that. You saved my life, hyung.” At that moment, Luhan could have sworn he had gained another weakness, and it was Sehun calling him ‘hyung’.

Luhan threw his arms around Sehun’s neck and started crying, startling the younger male. “I was so scared! I was afraid that you would die and I didn’t want that. I always tell myself to protect my family but just when I just gained a new one, I almost killed him. And it scares me if one of my family members were to get hurt.”

While Luhan was crying and soaking Sehun’s shirt with his tears, Sehun was just patting Luhan’s back, trying to comfort him. Just by looking at this scene, anyone would have thought that Sehun was the older one instead. “Stop blaming yourself, hyung. To me, everything was worth it especially when you are safe. Besides, I’m alright now, right?”

Hearing his words, Luhan nodded and tried to stop crying but at the same time holding Sehun tighter. When Sehun woke up, Luhan swore to himself that Sehun would be his newest precious brother that he will cherish more than how EXO-K cherishes Minjung.

The door opened and a familiar, deep voice spoke. “Stop crying like a baby and stop being gay for Sehun. I swear Hyera would cry if she were to see this.” Kris teased his elder brother.

Luhan pulled away from Sehun like he was a hot stove and glared at Kris. “Shut up! I’m not turning gay. Hyera is still my baby boo.” Both Sehun and Kris grimaced at the nickname Luhan gave Hyera.

“Ugh. Move, you adorable giant.” Minjung gently pushed Kris to the side so she could enter the room, Joonmyeon following behind her. “Sehunnie!” She ran and jumped on him.

Kris faked a sob and placed his hand over his heart. “And she pushes her soulmate away just so she could land in the arms of another.”

“Here comes another one who is trying to kill me just right after I escaped from the Grim Reaper.” Sehun groaned in pain.

Hearing his words, she pulled away and sat on his stomach. “What? I wasn’t trying to kill you!”

“Hey! That’s what I said! Don’t steal my words, woman.” Luhan pointed an accusing finger at Minjung, only to earn a pillow to the face by the said woman.

“Why you-” Luhan was about to throw back the pillow when it was snatched out of his grip by Kris. He gave Luhan the ‘I-dare-you-to-throw-the-goddamn-pillow-at-my-woman’ look. Luhan shrunk back a little at his glare and noticed that Joonmyeon was also giving him a flat look. Joonmyeon had nothing against Luhan, but he wanted to tease the guy for a while as a little revenge for his youngest brother. (

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter