FIVE

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kris baby!” A model-like woman hugged Kris tightly the moment he stepped into the palace. Her familiar scent hit him strongly and he immediately knew who was the one who dared touched him without his permission.

“Noona!” Kris hugged her back. He was still dazed at what happened back in the North when he was so close to his soulmate but yet so far away, and did not picked up the scent of the woman that had her arms around him.

The both of them pulled away and he noticed that she did not look like she aged a single day even though it has been decades since he last saw her. She still has the right curves in all the right places. She was tall too and her legs looked like it flowed endlessly. Although she does not really care about love, she has never fails to attract any guy without a soulmate. Not only that, she was one of the most beautiful, powerful and rich vampires around the East. And that only added to the reasons why males flock around her.

“Welcome back, Soojin noona!” Zitao and Minseok grinned when they saw the woman in front of them. Their brothers welcomed them back with a nod and they returned the gesture.

Soojin shifted her attention from Kris to the youngest and oldest prince of the East. “Hey guys.” She hugged them as well.

Choi Soojin is the daughter of the royal advisor in the palace and she is also EXO-M’s childhood friend. Ever since young, her father brought her to the palace and that was when she would mix around with the princes. Although the princes never really paid attention to her because they only mingled among themselves, Soojin did not give up and continued to catch their attention. It was only soon then did EXO-M accepted her as their own and they were always seen together after that.

Kris had always found Soojin to be the most beautiful since young and would always just stare at Soojin when they were together. It was like if Kris talked, she would disappear. And Soojin would always make fun at Kris when he was like that. They soon bickered over that fact and ended being the closest instead.

“I’ve not seen you guys in decades! How’s life?” She flashed them a smile as they all took a seat in the living room. Although she had arrived earlier than Kris, Zitao and Minseok, it was a fact that she had only just arrived and did not have the chance to catch up with Luhan and the rest.

Just as they were chatting about Soojin receiving another proposal, Yixing remembered one more person. “Wait, if noona is here, does that mean that Yejin is here as well?”

“She’s coming later.” Soojin nodded. Something then caught her attention from outside through the window and she smiled. “Speaking of the devil, here she is.” They looked outside and saw Yejin carrying a basket and laughing with a palace maid that was with her.

“I bet Yejin helped the maids again. She is always so kind.” Jongdae praised and the rest agreed.

Yejin entered the palace with another soft laughter and the maid smiled with bowing and took the basket from Yejin. She then headed towards the kitchen while Yejin traced the scent of her friends to the living room. “Unnie! Oppas!” She ran and hugged her sister, which Soojin gladly returned. Although they were sisters, they had actually came from different places and only agreed to meet at the palace.

Choi Yejin is almost as tall as Soojin and can pose off as a model as well. Their face features were alike and so was their body shape. However, she has straight, brown hair while Soojin has wavy, black hair.

“I made some chicken pie for you guys to try.” She took a seat beside Kris and asked the maid to bring out the pie that was delivered minutes just before she arrived. Although Yejin was not as close to EXO-M like Soojin was, they were still close childhood friends.

The maid served the pies and everyone started to dig in, giving compliments to Yejin at her superb cooking. However, Yejin was only focusing on one person. She saw that Kris took a bite as well and anticipated his reaction. Kris then noticed that the younger sister of the two was staring at him and he knows why. He heard from Soojin who had guessed that Yejin had always looked up to him since she was young and would always want to seek for his approval. Never did the both know that Yejin was not looking up to Kris but was falling for Kris instead.

He gave her a warm smile as he patted her head, just like a big brother would do to his sister. “It tastes great. Thank you, Yejin-ah.” Yejin blushed a light hue of red as she smiled in satisfaction before continuing to talk to the rest.

Kris started staring into space and all he thought about with his little soulmate. He did not know how old she is or her size. All he knows was that he could feel that she was small and could fit into his arms easily like she was meant to be there. It was like Kris was her protector and could shield her from all harm just by covering her with his body.

He could not shake off the feeling about how alive and strong he felt when he was near her. Or how much he felt like infiltrating the palace so that he could find her and cage her in his strong and warm arms and never let her go.

“Hyung?” Jongdae waved a hand in front of Kris’ face but the older male did not even blink. “Hyung? Helloooooo?” He shook his brother and Kris finally looked at him.

“What’s up?” He casually asked, as if he was not spacing out a moment ago.

Jongdae rolled his eyes at the weird behavior but ignored i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter