FOUR

Soulmates: The Beginning [Edited Version]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What are you doing here?! You are the enemy right?!” A voice behind Kris and Minseok demanded and the both of them felt like their heart skipped a beat. They were long ago ready to attack if someone found out about them and they were pretty sure they will give their all just to escape.

However, before they could react by running away or attacking, the voice behind them let out a snort. Kris and Minseok raised a brow as they looked at each other, wondering why would such noise come out from the unknown man. The guy then laughed softly, unable to stifle his laughter anymore.

“Wait,” Kris spoke before anyone could.

“That sounds like..” Minseok continued and the both of them whirled around.

“Zitao!” They exclaimed, almost hitting the maknae for his mischievousness. “That wasn’t funny!” They scolded him. Kris frowned and the younger male stopped laughing.

Zitao pouted but soon a smile grew on his face and he started laughing again. “But you guys should have seen your faces. It was hilarious.” This time, it was Minseok’s turn to frown and Zitao held both hands up in surrender. It was normal for Kris to be angry all of the time but not their eldest brother. If Kim Minseok is angry, it really means someone has crossed the line.

Kris rolled his eyes but slung an arm over Zitao’s shoulders. “Let’s go.” He told his brothers and they nodded. It was dangerous to stay too long in the enemy’s lair.

“How did you know we were here?” Minseok asked Zitao.

The youngest male shrugged his shoulders. “I just happened to hear Kris hyung and you talking about going to the North. I’ve decided to follow since I was bored and figured you guys could need an extra hand if something happens. Besides,” He wriggled the familiar little bag of sweets. “I got my favourite. I can’t believe the East does not know how to make this!” Minseok grinned at Zitao’s cuteness while Kris just shook his head while he smiled.

As the 3 of them headed back to the East, Kris could not help but to look back again. He felt like he was missing someone all of a sudden and he knew that it was his soulmate. Luhan had explained to him the symptoms and Kris knew that he would be attracted to his soulmate. But he never expected that he would be like a stalker, silently watching his prey.

Despite feeling crept out by his own behavior, he still could not ignore the fact that he wanted to just barge into the palace to find the person that was making him insane. He needed to know how she looks like. He needed to feel her skin on his, to take in her delicious scent.

“Hyung.” Zitao broke Kris out his thoughts and he looked at them, noticing he had stopped walking. Turning back once more, he followed his brothers back home.

 

---

Oh, the feeling’s gone. Minjung noticed the feeling was gone the moment she went into her room. The truth was that the tingling feeling was kind of irritating her as her body felt like it was being controlled by someone else. All of a sudden, she had the urge to run out of the palace to figure out what was causing her to feel such a strong emotion. It was like she needed to find the source of it or she will go crazy.

Grabbing a book, she flipped to the page where she last left off and tried to read it but found herself staring at it instead. 5 minutes has past and she was only at the first line. Sighing, she rested her head on the table, her hair sprawled everywhere.

But what was that feeling? And he even mentioned about ‘soulmates’.

“Minjung,” Jongin entered the room in a singsong voice and noticed that her head was on the table. He went in front of her and waved a hand in front of her but she did not even blink. He did big gestures to grab her attention but it was like he was not even there. Frowning, he grabbed onto her shoulders and shook her.

“Princess! Prince Jongin is in trouble!” Jongin raised his pitch up, trying to imitate a female voice.

Minjung immediately shot up from her seat when she heard that. “What?! Where?” Looking around, she tried to find any danger but was greeted with a Jongin that was looking at her in amusement. Pressing his lips together, he tried not to laugh but could not and started to chuckle. His chuckling transformed into laughter and he laughed hard and out loud as he rolled on the bed.

Minjung realized what just happened and rolled her eyes. She waited for him to stop laughing but soon grew bored and smacked his arm. “Stupid Jongin.” She muttered as she stomped out of the room. It was obvious that Minjung was unhappy about Jongin’s antics and Jongin knew it too. He tried to stop laughing and when he finally did, he ran out of the room to chase after her.

Bored because she knew that she could not go back to her book, she had decided to go to the garden instead. The garden always gives her peace and it was like that place was her haven. Every plant, flower and tree were planted by her and somehow, it would always give her strength when she is there.

The other reason why it was her favourite place was because it was peace

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter