Nine.

The Night and the Sun

 

Jung Min was watching. He was on the roof watching Hyung Jun and the girl walk away. What was she doing here? He was wondering. He had no doubt that she wouldn't be safe with Hyung Jun. He might be much younger and he likes to fool around, but he was very reliable and smart. Why did Jung Min worry about this girl so much? He didn't quite understand it himself. He just found himself thinking about her a little too often. Maybe she just reminded him of the past. That one girl long time age, who he thought could accept him as he is. But how wrong had he been. It was all thanks to Hyun Joong that he didn't end this miserable "life" back then. He only had her. He loved her very deeply. But when she found out about him, she changed. She wasn't able to understand, and if she couldn't understand, who could? Even if they'd understand, they would never accept.
 
 
"Your friends don't really like me huh." I stated. He gave me a smile. "They're very.. Well it takes them a while to warm up for new people. But hey, did you have something to talk to me about or?" He asked. I blushed a bit and shook my head. "Not really, I was just bored and thought it'd be nice to get to know you." I wasn't looking at him while talking. I felt a little embarrassed. "Oooh! That's how it is." He was still smiling while talking. "That's okay really. No need to be so shy about it." He patted my head. "Would be nice to get to know you as well, really, but today is a little bit bad day. Let's exchange numbers so we can meet up at better time?" He's so nice. I nodded and handed him my cell phone so he could put his number in there, and he handed me his. "But for today, I'll just walk you back all right?" He asked after giving me my phone back. "It's all right, I'll go back by myself. You don't have to." I replied. "Nope, I insist." He said and grabbed my hand and started walking. Wow, his hand was cold. It sent shivers down to my spine.
 
 
"Hyung, she's going to be trouble. I'm sure of it." Young Saeng said to Hyun Joong. "I know." He replied simply. "So why did you let Hyung Jun go with her?" Young Saeng insisted. "It's fine for now. Just be extra careful around her, don't expose yourself." Hyun Joong said. Young Saeng sighed heavily. "You're not going to explain then?" Hyun Joong didn't say anything. Young Saeng shook his head. "As you wish." And he left the room. Hyun Joong was playing with a pen while watching out of a window, thinking. She might be a lot of trouble but she just might be a good kind of trouble. Hyun Joong was well aware of the fact that Jung Min and Hyung Jun wanted to interact with humans. Well Hyung Jun wanted to. Jung Min wanted to be human more likely. But maybe having this girl around could make him feel a little closer to humanity. It could also have opposite effect but he was willing to take the risk. He had never wanted to let a human too close to them but maybe he should give it a try just once? But he wasn't gonna go as far as letting any of them reveal what they really are, that would be just plain stupid. The chance of human not freaking out when hearing vampires in fact do exist, was very much too low, close to zero.
 
 
Hyung Jun walked me all the way back home, like a gentleman would. He was funny, he had been telling me funny stories while we walked. Even if the visit didn't quite go as planned, I was still satisfied. I felt like I had made a friend. Even though everyone in the house were very friendly towards me, and some felt like real friends, I was happy to have met someone outside the house as well.