Four.

The Night and the Sun

 

On the other side of the forest there was a mansion Emily wasn't aware of. There was five men living there. Their appearance was young, but in fact, every single one of them had lived longer than any human being ever could. Only few people knew of their existence and those few thought they were weird bunch of brothers who didn't fit in the society. No one knew them personally, and no one wanted to.  Everyone would avoid them at any costs, and no one would dream of going near their mansion.
 
"Oh hyung, you're back early." Kim Hyung Jun, the youngest of the five said when Jung Min entered the mansion. Park Jung Min, the second youngest of the group, looked annoyed. "Someone was there." He simply said. "I thought no one ever goes to that place after nightfall." Kim Kyu Jong joined the conversation. "No one ever has, until now." Jung Min said and sat down on the couch next to Kyu Jong. "Hyun Joong and Young Saeng still out?" Jung Min asked. "Yea, they should be back soon though." Hyung Jun replied. "I'll be on the roof till then." Jung Min said and started climbing the stairs. "Hyung?" Hyung Jun said. "Yes?" Jung Min reacted. "Why do you always walk when you could just.." He pointed at the window. He didn't reply, he just continued walking.
 
Of course he could just jump up to the roof from the window. But he wasn't as young as Hyung Jun and he didn't find his extraordinary powers as much fun as he used to when he was still younger. He liked doing things like a human being would sometimes. Sometimes he even wished he could try living as a human, Maybe he had even been one back in the day. There were many theories going around about how their kind had been born, or made. One of them was that they were turned by another one of their kind. Others said they were born as they were. Jung Min didn't know which one was true, but he liked to think he also was once human. All five of them, and all the other ones of their kind he had met, amongst them there wasn't a single one that would know for sure. They all had been like this as long as they could remember. So even if they were human beings once, they had all forgotten it. Jung Min sat on his usual spot at the roof and looked into the darkness. Human eyes would only see pitch black, but he could see clearly. He saw the trees surrounding the house, the animals walking in the woods, even the birds flying in the night sky. He closed his eyes and his thoughts travelled back to Gary Moores garden. 
 
As long as they had been staying in this mansion, he would often go to that garden. No one ever saw him there, he had made sure of that. Until today. That girl, she was beautiful. She was nearly as pale as himself, she could've been one of his kind. Only sensing her body warmth told him otherwise. Somehow he was mesmerized by her. For a split second he had been careless, and he had made a sound. How could he be so stupid? He was able to move as lightly as air flows, but he had stepped on a branch. He mentally slapped himself countless times for that mistake. He never wanted to scare her as bad as he did, but maybe it was for the best. It's not like he could've walked up to her and introduce himself. What on earth he could've said? Hello. I'm Park Jung Min, I'm nearly 200 years old and by the way, you smell delicious. Mind if I take a sip from you neck? He chuckled for his thoughts, but his eyes were filled with sadness.
 
Hyun Joong and Young Saeng returned. They looked up to the roof and saw Jung Min sitting at his usual spot, he would always sit up there when he wasn't in the greatest mood. Kim Hyun Joong, the eldest amongst them, motioned Young Saeng to go ahead and jumped, or more like he flied to the roof. Jung Min heard him but he didn't open his eyes. They were all very close, but he was the closest with Hyun Joong. "Human thoughts again?" He asked as he sat down next to Jung Min. "That, and something else." He replied. "I'll take that as you don't feel like talking about it?" Jung Min opened his eyes. "Not really. I just scared a girl today. That's all." Hyun Joong knew better than to believe that. "Come down when you're ready." It sounded almost like an order, even though it wasn't. Hyun Joong just had that kind of power. As the eldest, he was automatically thought of as a leader. Probably because the older you were, the stronger you got as well. Heo Young Saeng was only four years younger than Hyun Joong so they were pretty equal strength wise. Young Saeng was the only one who could question Hyun Joongs authority without being crushed if he wanted to, but there was no need for that. Never had been.