Six.

The Night and the Sun

 

Hyun Joong was curious. Just what kind of encounter  had made Jung Min that upset. Despite the sunlight, he was heading towards Garys mansion. If people saw him they'd think he was crazy. In human perspective the weather was warm enough to be walking around in shorts and T-shirt but Hyun Joong was wearing long jeans and a black long sleeve turtleneck shirt. He also had a a cap on. If the sunlight didn't directly hit his body, it didn't feel so bad.  He was about to pass the main gate when he heard a car coming. He quickly stepped away from the road and hid himself in the woods. Garys older driver Hyun Joong could recognize but the girl he had never seen before.
 
"Let me help you with the bags." I said to John when he picked  up all the groceries by himself. "It's all right Miss. I'll take care of it." He refused. "Just go do something fun. I'll take these to Gemma and go rest a bit." I knew it'd be useless to argue with him so I didn't. And my mother always said that arguing with older people was one of the rudest things she knew. I looked at the garden.. It's not dark now and Gavin and Brandon were both at the garden.. So maybe I could go check the lake again?
 
The place was still pretty. And in broad daylight it wasn't scary at all. I started to wonder if it had been my imagination running wild last night, and there actually wasn't anyone there. Or maybe there was but I overreacted? But then again. What kind of excuse he could've had to be lurking in someone elses garden in the middle of the night and be rude on top of that? Aish, I shouldn't think about that. I sat down by the lake and enjoyed the warmth of the sun on my skin. I really loved sunny days.
 
Hyun Joong followed the girl secretly. She was heading towards the place Jung Min often goes to. This had to be the girl he had scared last night. Hyun Joong didn't know what he had expected to find by coming here, but to find a perfectly normal girl to be the cause of his friends moodiness was interesting. They rarely interacted with humans, and even if they did, never to a personal stage. They couldn't have people in this town finding out that they were different. It was already annoying to move around because people started realizing that they didn't seem to age. And that was true, they didn't age at all physically. The girl sat down by the lake and just sat there doing nothing. I guess Jung Min didn't scare her very badly if she still comes here to relax. 
 
Hyun Joong could understand that human beings would find them scary, but they didn't intend to harm anyone. But try explaining that to a screaming human who'd wanna shove a stake through your heart. It was for the best of everyone if their existence was kept a secret. That is why he had used his leader authority to give out only one order to the younger ones. Never show your true nature to a human. Suddenly he heard footsteps coming towards them from the house.
 
"Emily!" Abbey yelled as she was walking through the garden. I turned around and waved my hand at her. "Mom told me to get you. It's lunch time!" She yelled again, still rather far away from me. "Okay, I'll be right there. Thanks!" I yelled back at her. She turned around and ran back to the house. I slowly got up and looked around. Nothing scary about this place. I must've overreacted.
 
Hyun Joong watched her leave. For some reason he had a feeling that he was going to meet this girl again. As her figure disappeared from his sight, he left.
 
 
"Dad." Ashley went over to her father. "Yes darling?" The man looked at his favourite daughter. His skyblue eyes were filled with fatherly love when he looked at his daughter. "Emily saw some strange person at the garden last night. Have you noticed anything weird around there?" Gavin raised his brows. "Strange person?" Ashley nodded. "She said he was Asian." He immediately knew who she was talking about. "You're talking about one of the brothers that live at the mansion behind Mr Moores forest?" Ashley was surprised. "So you do know?" Gavin nodded. "There's five men living not so far from here. I've seen them around the town a few times. But what business would they have in Mr Moores property?" Ashley sighed. "I don't know, that's why I'm asking you.