Eighteen.

The Night and the Sun

 

"I'll have to leave tonight." Aoi said while Kyu Jongs hair. He was laying down, head on Aois lap who was sitting on his bed. "Already?" He whispered and closed his eyes. She gave him a sad smile. "Why don't you come with me?" Kyu thought about it for a minute and answered. "I can't. Aoi kept his soft velvety black hair. "You know I don't wanna part with the guys. They've become like parts of me over the years." He explained. "I know. But I hate being away from you." She whispered. Kyu Jong opened his eyes and looked into hers. "So stay. Here, with me, with us." They quietly looked at each other till Aoi broke the silence. "You know I have family in Japan. They need me." He knew it very well. Aoi was such a good person. She helped young vampires to adapt into human world. She teaches them how to co-exist with humans, without harming them, without being discovered. Kyu knew it very well because he had been one of those young vampires she helps once. Without her, he probably wouldn't have found a way to control himself around humans. "I really hope someday you'll find someone to continue your work, so I can have all of you for myself." He said and moved her away from her face. She smiled and apologized. "Hey it's okay. We've been together like this for a long time already, and will be for even longer time, for eternity, if you don't grow tired of me." He comforted her, and pulled her face closer to his, and gently kissed her.
 
 
"How was school?" John asked as soon as I stepped inside the car. "It was alright." I smiled faintly. He raised his brows but didn't ask anymore. I kept quiet while we were on the road. I was watching out of the window, thinking. What did I ever do to those girls? It doesn't make any sense. I've never even seen them before. No matter how I thought about it, it just didn't make any sense. And what about Jack then? He seemed like perfectly nice guy, but he acted like a complete jerk. Wonder if Ethan is actually like that too? Here I thought everyone in this town seemed friendly. The engine turning off brought me back to the present. I thanked John for the ride and hurried inside.
 
"Emily, a letter for you. From Korea." I ran up to Rose who was flipping through the mail. "Who is it from?" She smiled at my excitement. "It doesn't say. Here, check for yourself." She said and handed me a big purple envelope. The handwriting.. Was definitely Sunghees. A huge smile formed on my face as I ripped the envelope open. There were a lot of pictures inside. Pictures of my friends, small notes written by different people, mostly words of encouragement and good luck wishes. And a letter. From my best friend, Lee Sung Hee. I was so happy, my cheeks were starting to hurt, that's how wide my smile was. In the letter, she filled me in on everything that had happened while I had been gone, and most importantly, asked if she could visit. As I read that part, a little scream came out of my mouth and Rose gave me a funny look. "Hell yes!" I yelled. Rose laughed. "Happy news I assume?" She asked. "Yes, very." I replied and ran upstairs to my room. I picked up a pen and paper and started writing a letter back right away.
 
Once I was done with the letter, which ended up being three pages of text, I taped few of the pictures they had sent me to the wall.Seeing my friends faces, familiar backgrounds in the pictures, made it feel more like home. "I should send her some pictures of this place too." I mumbled to myself. I grabbed my camera and and went outside. I took pictures of the house, the garden, the gate, everything that had amazed me when I first got here.  also took a group picture with all the workers. I put it all into a big envelope and put the envelope in my schoolbag. I'd stop by the post office tomorrow after school. After I was all done, I felt my stomach grumble. I realized I hadn't eaten anything after lunch break at school. I dashed downstairs to find something to snack on, and successfully found a big pack of chocolate chip cookies. I happily started munching on them while lazily heading back upstairs. I noticed a suitcase near the front door. "Huh?" I mumbled with my mouth full of food. "More visitors?" I was about to take closer look when Gary showed up. He looked at me with the same cold look I remembered from the dinner we had shared previously, grabbed the suitcase and walked out. Once he was out of sight, I let out a big sigh. "What a weird person. Luckily he's gone for a bit again." I said out loud and received a bad look from Fiona, who was dusting the shelfs near the stairs. 
 
 
Jung Min was sitting up on the roof. He let his thoughts go back to what had happened earlier that day. He rarely let his temper get the best of him, but today it had been close. He had been so angry at that guy, he wanted to beat the out of him. Luckily his self control was as good as it was. He looked at the sky. Almost late enough. He's waiting for the evening to come, so Mr Moores workers wouldn't be around the garden anymore, so he could go there, and hopefully she'd come as well. He wanted to see her, make sure she's okay after all that. It was all about luck and timing, but he was hoping. "Hey, Aoi is leaving. Come down to say your byes?" Hyung Jun cut his thoughts. He nodded and jumped down from the roof, landing right in front of Aoi and Kyu Jong who were already outside. 
 
Jung Min and Hyung Jun both hugged her one by one. "Come again soon." Jung Min said after releasing her. "Yea, please do. Our little Kyu is much happier with you around." Hyung Jun continued, causing Kyu Jong to feel embarrassed. "Shoo you guys. Go in already, my turn to say goodbye." Kyu Jong said. Aoi laughed at the boys teasing each other. "Okok! We'll go!" Hyung Jun said with a smirk on his face and they left the two of them alone. "Let's go." Kyu Jong said and grabbed Aois hand. "I'll go to the airport with you." Aoi nodded and they both started running.