Nineteen.

The Night and the Sun

 

Jung Min walked up to his room. He had been out of luck. She didn't come to the garden that evening. Maybe he should just get her phone number from Hyung Jun?
 
 
I was rolling in my bed. I couldn't sleep. Thoughts of tomorrow kept me awake. I was a little afraid to go to school tomorrow. Jack did make it clear he'd make me suffer for the humiliation he had gone through. And who knows why those girls did what they did? Maybe they would be out to get me as well. So much for peaceful school life.
 
 
"Hey girls." Jiyoung said. Her friends stopped running and looked at her. "I think I should go back." She wasn't sure what their reaction would be, but she couldn't let the chance pass by. She had to find out if she could have a chance with Jung Min. "You really love him don't you?" Seungyeon asked. "Who?" Gyuri asked. "Park Jung Min." Hara stated. "What?" Gyuri was confused. "You're so clueless." Nicole laughed. "She's so obvious. She wants to go back for him. Don't you?" Jiyoung nodded slowly.  "Just go, you know where to find us later." Seungyeon  said and smiled sweetly. "Jiyoung looked at Gyuri, waiting for her approval. "Are you sure you'll be okay alone?" Gyuri asked. "Yah, if you want to, I can go with you." Hara offered. Jiyoung shook her head. "I'll have to do this alone. But thanks." I really have the best friends in the whole world, she thought. "Then go, but be careful." Gyuri said. "I will. Thank you so much. I love you guys." She said. They all looked at her with motherly smile on their faces. "We love you too, baby. Go where your heart leads you. We'll be waiting for you." Seungyeon said. Jiyoung nodded and started heading back.
 
 
I was standing outside the classroom. Wondering what awaits me inside. Breathe in, breathe out. Sigh. "The hell, breathing isn't gonna change anything." I mumbled and stepped inside. And to my surprise, I didn't receive any bad looks, not even from Jack. Everything was so normal it was almost scary. I went to my seat and the teacher walked in shortly after me.
 
Lunch break. I decided to head over to school cafeteria instead of eating my boxed lunch. The cafeteria was still rather empty so I picked up a lunch salad occupied with big class of milk and sat down to an empty table. Yesterday the tables had been so full that I had fixed a lunchbox to eat at the classroom because I didn't really like overly crowded places. Soon after I started eating, a group of girls sat down in my table. I looked around and there was still empty tables so why did they pick my table, I wonder. I took closer look at the girls and realized they were the ones from yesterday, the ones who called me a . I bit my lower lip. This can't be good right? For whatever reason they picked my table, I probably wouldn't like it. I pretended that I didn't recognize them and kept eating, I was stuffing the food into my mouth too fast and started coughing. "Need water?" One of them asked, while handing me a glass of water. Without second thought I reached for the class, and as I was about to grab it, she threw the water on me. "Oops, sorry, it was an accident." I looked at my wet clothes, and raised my eyes to their level, only to find them holding back a laughter. I don't know what came over me. I stood up, grabbed my glass of milk, and poured it all over the girl who just splashed her water on me. She screamed and everyone in the cafeteria turned to look at us. "You.. You!" She stuttered. Her friends just stared at me with their eyes wide open. "I have no idea what you have against me. As far as I know I've never done anything to harm you. So what the hell is your problem?" I asked quietly. I knew we were the centre of the attention and I didn't want to cause even bigger scene. Whole school didn't need to hear what i said. She didn't reply, she just stood up and left with her friends following her.
 
I decided to skip the rest of the classes. Sitting in a classroom with wet clothes didn't really sound appealing. I was walking towards the post office, letting the sun dry my clothes while I walked. Luckily it was sunny today. "Skipping classes? So you're a bad girl?" I heard someone say next to me. I looked at the direction where the voice came from. He had flirty smile on his face. Of course, they didn't call him gigolo for no reason. "Hello to you too, Jason." I said, unaffected by his good looks and flirty grin. "Did you have a good swim?" She asked and touched my hair. "Mhmm, sure." There was no reason to explain it to him, and, I didn't wanna start complaining about being bullied. "So what are you planning now that you're skipping classes? Got a date?" I shook my head. "Just dropping by at the post office and heading home. What are you up to?" He kept looking at me while walking, so much that I was sure he'd walk into something if he didn't look forward. "Well.. I do have a date. You broke my heard little princess, I need someone to fix it." He said with his signature flirt smile on his face. "You're such a playboy." I sighed and he laughed. He obviously wasn't very serious person. "Well, guess we'll be parting here." I said and pointed at the post office sign above us. "Good luck with the date, see ya!" He waved his hand at me and walked away. 
 
After dropping off the letter, I decided to walk back home. It was nice and sunny day and I didn't exactly want to call John to pick me up yet or they'd know I had skipped half of the day. And a little walk would be only good for me right? Or so I thought at first. I felt someone push me from behind and I fell on my knees. I looked up and saw that same group of girls again. I looked around, hoping to see someone around because I sure as hell wouldn't wanna be alone with them now. As my eyes didn't catch even single person around, I got worried.  It was only them, four of them to be exact, and me. I'm screwed. I stood up and tried to walk away, but I got pushed down again. This time harder, and I landed on my side, my hand taking the first hit. Intense pain went through my arm. "You really think you can humiliate me like that?"  The one who I showered with the milk asked. "Just what did I do in the first place? For you to start picking on me?" I asked. They looked at each others. "Should we tell her if she's that dumb?" One of them asked. "Just keep her guessing." Another one said. "Oh I know! Let's play a game." She looked at me. "You try guessing, and every time you guess wrong, I'll do this." And she kicked me into my stomach. It hurt. A lot. But I was trying to pretend it didn't. Didn't want to give her the satisfaction. "So? What'cha say?" She asked and kicked again. 
 
 
Kyu Jong had spent some time with his girl before letting her get on the plane. He also decided that he'd be the next one to visit her, soon. Her visit was much too short, so he'd go over, and stay for couple days, or longer. As he was heading back to the house, he saw that girl the other guys had befriended. She was being kicked. He was about to ignore it and keep moving, but then he thought of his friends. They would want him to help her. But there was smell of blood and he was already getting intoxicated by it. He hesitated for a few seconds, and saw the girl being kicked the second time. I have to, he thought. I'll be able to control myself, I have to. He kept repeating inside his head as he stepped behind the girls. "I say hands off her." They turned around and looked at him. "Now." The girls ran away and Kyu Jong stepped closer to check on Emily, who was still laying on the ground. The scent of blood was too overwhelming and he was about to lose it.
 
It's that guy again. "Thank you.." I whispered. Suddenly, he started shaking, and his eyes turned red.