Thirteen.

The Night and the Sun

 

Everyone was already asleep when I got back. I felt relieved. Tonight had been crazy enough that I didn't wanna explain my disappearance, or talk to anyone for that matter. I climbed upstairs, my legs felt so heavy, as if I was lifting something else alongside of them. I went to my room and found a note on my pillow.
 
Dear Emily
 
Don't know where you have gone 
but please don't do that again. 
I covered for you this time but 
from now on, please let at least 
me know where you run off to 
so people won't worry. 
 
Damian
 
Phew, thank god. One problem less. I owe him bigtime. He could get into serious trouble for lying. I jumped on my bed and my thoughts went back to the storage house. Were they from some foreign country? They looked Korean though. But they way they talked was definitely odd. And Hyung Jun had talked that way too. They did say I was imagining things but.. That scary voice. Just remembering it, shivers went through my body. There's no way I was imagining that. I got up from the bed. There's no way I could sleep like this. What should I do? I thought of calling Hyung Jun and asking again, but my gut feeling kept telling me that wouldn't be wise. And they made it pretty obvious that they weren't going to give me any answers. I'll think about it before doing anything. I covered myself with a warm furry coat and left the room. A walk outside should clear my head, it will right? 
 
 
Jung Min was sitting by the lake. He was watching fishes swimming around. They were pretty. "What a simple life you guys have." He mumbled to himself with a smile on his face. He rarely came here anymore because he didn't wanna run into anyone again. But it was very late now so he could relax. It was close to impossible that someone would come here at this hour. Oh how wrong he was, and he realized that soon enough when he heard a girls voice behind him. "Who are you?" She asked. He turned around and yes, it was that same girl again. Why do I keep running into her? He was wondering. He slowly stood up still facing her. "Hello, I'm Park Jung Min. We have met briefly before." He said. "I'm intruding in your property again, sorry for that. But I just can't help it. This place is so calm and beautiful." He continued. The girl kept quiet. He wasn't sure what to do no more, she didn't seem to wanna talk at all. He was going to leave. "I'll get going then, sorry again." He turned around and started walking away. "Wait." He heard her say behind him.
 
Uhh it's this guy again. What is he doing here? He's going to leave. "Wait!" My mouth said before I even had decided to talk. He stopped. "I'm sorry for being rude. My name is Emily. We saw each other at Hyung Juns house right? Or your house, I suppose." I said.He turned around to face me. He nodded. "You don't need to leave. I'm sure this place is big enough for both of us to stay. You fine with that?" Not exactly sure why I said that, but I was being sincere. I didn't wanna chase him away. "Are you sure?" He asked. I smiled a little and nodded. "But do not sneak around like last time. Scared me half dead." He chuckled and looked a bit uncomfortable. "Sorry for that. I didn't mean to.. I'll start walking like an elephant so you'll hear me coming, that alright?" We both laughed.
 
 
Young Saeng reached Moores house and found the bothersome girl laughing with his friend. He had seen a lot of things in his long life but this caught him off guard. He did not expect this. He hid himself as well as he could, so Jung Min wouldn't notice his presence. He felt weird spying on his friend like this, but he happened to be with wrong person. He'd make sure to apologize later.
 
 
We both sat down and quietly watched the lake. Even if we didn't talk, it somehow felt like we were doing it together, not as two strangers to each other. His company made this place even more relaxing than it was when I came here alone. Funny though, he had gone from erted stalker, to.. This. I was curious about him, He seemed friendly, yet mysterious at the same time. But I didn't wanna break this soothing atmosphere and start asking questions. There will be better time for that, I'm sure.
 
Sitting there, still watching fishes, feeling her eyes on him whenever she thought he couldn't see. Jung Min was enjoying it. Emilys curiousness was cute in his eyes. Suddenly, he felt like he was being watched by somebody else as well. He turned his head around briefly, and noticed Young Saeng. He was surprised. Is he being spied on by his own family? He stood up and met Emilys eyes. "I have to go. But thank you for tonight, I had good time." She smiled at him and replied. "Come again anytime you feel like." Jung Min gave her a gentle smile and left towards Young Saengs direction. He reached him and made sure Emily couldn't see them. "So? Want to explain why you're here?" He asked with annoyed tone.
 
Young Saeng told Jung Min everything Hyun Joong had said to him, which wasn't very much. Jung Min simply replied. "If she'd know, no way she'd be that comfortable around me." Young Saeng nodded. Jung Min was right, he thought. "She knows all of us live under the same roof. So if she would find out about one of us, she'd do the math and she would know we are all the same. She isn't stupid, you can tell easily." Jung Min continued as they were walking away from the garden. "I don't think she's stupid either, that's why I've been worried since the day I first met her." Young Saeng said. "We'll have to be extra careful. Never again will human see my true self. Never," Jung Min said and Young Saeng could tell he was being serious. "And, never again hide yourself from me like that." He sounded angry still. "It's understandable that you're keeping watch on her but it felt like you were spying on me as well, since you hid yourself so well." Young Saeng knew he shouldn't have done that, but he was worried for his friend. He had bad experience with humans before because he trusted them too much. But seeing Jung Mins reaction, he could feel relieved. 
 
 
I was back in my room again. Mentally preparing for tomorrow. No matter how much I wanted to run away, I wouldn't be able to avoid Gary and Paige forever, so I was determined to face them tomorrow. It probably, no, surely wouldn't be pleasant for any of us, but it had to happen, sooner or later.