Seven.

The Night and the Sun

 

"Damian, do you have anything special today?" I asked. He raised his eyes from the newspaper he was reading. "Nopes. What's on your mind?"  His soft brown eyes looked curious. I had spent a week in England now. People started to be much more comfortable around me now compared to when I had just arrived. "If you could, I need to go to the town. There's some things I want to send to Korea, and a few things I need to buy." He flipped his blonde hair away from his face. Like this, he was actually cute. But when he was acting all formal and stuff.. Not really. It didn't suit him. "Sure, wanna go right away or later today?" He asked. "Whenever is good for you." He smiled. "You really don't act like a boss at all you know Missy? Let's go then."
 
I was walking around the store, picking out things that I needed, when I heard something very familiar. I started heading towards the source of the sound and saw two guys standing in front of a shelf filled with movies. They were discussing which movies they should pick, in Korean. The familiarity of the language made me feel emotional and tingly. What kinda coincidence was this? Without thinking I walked to the movie shelf and picked out a movie I had seen few days before and handed it to them. "I would recommend this one, it was really good." I said in Korean while handing them a horror movie.
 
What a strange girl, Hyung Jun thought holding back a laughter. Only if she knew she was recommending a horror movie to a vampire, a character out of a horror movie. Young Saeng remained calm. "Oh really? We'll check that out then. Thank you." He took the movie she had handed them. "You're welcome." The strange girl said with a smile on her face. "Pretty interesting running to Korean people here, this far away from home. Are you on a vacation?" She asked. "No, we live here." Young Saeng replied simply. "How about you?" Hyung Jun added. Young Saeng gave him a glare. He didn't think it was a good idea to befriend any human. Hyung Jun ignored him. "I sorta live here too, for now at least. I'm staying with my father for a while." She replied. "Oh nice! My name is Kim Hyung Jun by the way, may I ask yours?" He asked, and as a result received even angrier glare from Young Saeng. "And this guy here is Heo Young Saeng. He might look a little scary but he's pretty okay guy." She smiled and bowed a little. "My Korean name is Moon Min Hyo, but people around here call me Emily Moore." Hyung Jun looked at Young Saeng, who didn't look happy at all but he still kept talking. "Moore? So you're basically our neighbour then?" She looked surprised. "Really?" She asked. "Hyung Jun, we gotta go." Young Saeng said with a strict tone and started walking. Hyung Jun smirked. "I guess I've to run then. See ya again!" He said as he left.
 
He caught up to Young Saeng outside. "Was that really necessary?" Young Saeng asked. "Well what's the harm? No one is going to die if I chat a little bit with a nice girl." Hyung Jun defended himself. Young Saeng wasn't convinced. "I guess so but either way, nothing good is gonna come out of hanging out with humans." Hyung Jun didn't bother arguing. He sometimes wanted to talk to people outside the group too. He had been with these guys for a long time and was going to be for even longer. But sometimes it was boring. So some change was only a good thing. What harm could it be?
 
Both of the guys were gorgeous. They looked like celebrities. The one with brown hair, Kim Hyung Jun seemed like a nice person too. But the other one was kind of.. Cold. Oh well. But wait. He had said neighbours? "Damian, where's the nearest neighbour we have?" I asked. "It's like two miles away I think, if you go through the woods. More if you go by car. Why?" He replied. "Oh nothing much, back in the store I met two guys who said we're neighbours." I said. "So someone actually lives in that house then? I wasn't sure." He said after thinking a bit. "I guess they don't make much noise about themselves then." He continued. For some reason I had the idea that everyone in this town sort of knew each other, but I guess I was wrong. Or maybe those two were exceptions? Well I either way, I was hoping I'd see them again. Made me miss home little less. "Oh right. Miss Paige is coming home this weekend. She's very eager to meet you." Damian cut my thoughts. "Really" I asked. I wasn't at all eager to meet her. "And Payton too?" Damian shook his head. "No just Miss is coming. They rarely come back for weekends because the travelling takes so long, But she really wanted to see you so she's coming. She'll arrive late on Friday evening and she'll have to leave early on Sunday." He said. So basically one day? Good. Maybe I'd survive. And I had couple of days to prepare myself mentally too since it was only Tuesday today.