Eleven.

The Night and the Sun

 

Hyung Jun tried calling her but she didn't pick up. He was getting nervous. He started moving to the direction Hyun Joong had gone to, but he couldn't find them. Just what had happened? If Hyun Joong didn't find any traces of her, he should be back by now, he thought. Suddenly, his text message alarm went off.
 
 
Small girl figure went past Hyun Joong. She did not notice him though. So in total, there was three of them. Hyun Joong wasn't reckless person. He was always rather safe than sorry. He quietly took his phone out of his pocket and sent Hyung Jun a message, telling him to come. He explained where he was, and put the phone away. He kept listening what was happening inside. He could hear angry female voice, scolding someone for bringing human here. Another girl kept apologizing, saying she paniced, and didn't know what to do since the girl had ran into her. They must be young Hyun Joong thought. That or they haven't been living around humans before, but he would bet for the first option. He was patiently waiting till his younger friend reached where he was. They just took quick glances at each other and quietly yet quickly, started moving towards the storage house.
 
 
What happened to me? I slowly opened my eyes, and saw a girl scolding another. There was third one as well, but she was just quietly sitting there. They didn't notice I was awake, and for some reason I felt it was better that way. I had no idea how I ended up here when I was supposed to be meeting Hyung Jun. I closed my eyes again. Better pretend I'm still unconscious and try to think of a solution. "What exactly are you doing?" I heard angry male voice say.
 
All three of them turned to Hyun Joong and Hyung Jun. You could see hint of fear in their eyes. The one who was scolding the other one stepped forward and spoke. "What do you mean? I believe what we're doing is none of your concern." The guys didn't even blink even though she sounded very aggressive. "Is that how you respect your elders?" Hyun Joongs voice was dark, you could compare it to thunder. It didn't sound like the voice could come out of a person, and if a human heard it, they would definitely freak out. But Hyun Joong thought Emily was asleep, so he wasn't worried. The voice seemed to scare the three girls very much. "We apologize." The one who had sat on the side said and bowed her head down. "We're just passing by here, and Nicole made a mistake and used her power to sleep this girl. She meant no harm, she didn't intend to cause trouble on your territory." She continued. The other two bowed down as well. "I'm really, really sorry. My name is Nicole. This is all my fault, don't be upset with my friends please, they had no part in this." The one called Nicole said and bowed her head down even more. "Don't spout nonsense. We're family. One of us isn't gonna take the blame alone. We're in this together, as we've been till now, and will be in the future. I'm Park Gyuri, oldest amongst us." She glared at the boys. "If there is a problem, it's our problem, not hers alone." Hyun Joong kept looking at them, while Hyung Jun started moving towards Emily. "She better be alright, I tell you." Hyung Jun hissed at Gyuri, who looked like she wanted to block his way but she didn't dare. Hyung Jun was older than them, but it was Hyun Joong she was scared of. He seemed calm, but she knew that one wrong move and he could finish them off if he wanted to.
 
I had to use all my willpower so I wouldn't jump up and run. I wanted to scream. Just what on earth was that sound. I was so scared, I couldn't even think clearly. Please don't notice I'm awake, I kept begging inside my mind. I tried listening to what they were talking about but it was hard to understand. They were talking quietly, and it sounded weird. As if they were talking on double speed perhaps? I didn't quite understand it all but the atmosphere in the room wasn't good. It felt like a bomb could explode at any second. I closed my eyes tighter. Hopefully they forget I'm here. It was quiet for a bit, till I heard familiar voice pretty close to me. Hyung Jun. My eyes opened wide, and I saw him walking towards me. What is he doing here? What on earth is happening? These weird people, is he with them?
 
Oh my, she's awake, Hyung Jun thought. Hope she didn't hear all that. Hyung Jun looked at Hyun Joong quickly, and walked up to Emily. "Are you okay? Hurt anywhere?" He asked. Everyone turned at their direction, shocked to realize she was awake.
 
I shook my head, eyes still wide as plates, looking at Hyung Juns face. "Let's get out of here." He said while helping me stand up. His hand felt so cold. As cold as last time he touched me, I recalled. I pulled my hand away from his and my legs betrayed me, and I fell down. He didn't look surprised. He just looked at me calmly. I slowly got up again, and I let my eyes go through every person in the room. Three girls standing close to each other, staring at me. And a guy I saw with Hyung Jun the other day, was standing at the door, looking at me as well. "Let's go." Hyung Jun repeated himself. I looked at him and nodded. Not sure was it because he was the only one I had talked with before, or what it was, but going with him seemed like the best option I had. And somehow he seemed trustworthy even though he was scaring me. We walked out of the building with his friend following us.