Five.

The Night and the Sun

 

I ran all the way up to my room and locked the door behind me. Just what the hell was that? That guy was creepy. I looked out of the window to make sure he wasn't following me. Of course he wasn't, not like he had acted aggressively, but I just had to make sure. I jumped on my bed and covered myself with blankets, How long was he watching for exactly? So Embarrassing. I was shaking like crazy. I wasn't sure was it because I was cold, or was it because of the shock.
 
 
First thing in the morning, I went to look for Ashley. If there was any Asian people living close by she would know right? There had to be an explanation that'd make sense. I found her from the kitchen as expected, luckily she was alone too. "Ashley, can I ask you something?" She looked at me and nodded. "Good morning to you too. And sure, go ahead and ask." How should I put it so I didn't sound like a weirdo. "In this household, I'm the only person with Asian roots right? She stopped what she was doing, "What kind of a question is that?" She asked. "Well.." I might as well tell her right? "Last night after dinner, I went outside. And in the very back of the garden, there was someone. And he clearly was Asian." She was thinking about it for a while before answering. "Well he wasn't one of us then for sure. And I can't think of anyone who'd live near by either. You might have better luck asking Abbey, but she's a blabbermouth. You can never be 100% sure of what she says." I smiled. I had a feeling Abbey would be like that, that's why I asked Ashley instead. "Well thank you anyway." I was about to turn away and leave when she added. "I'll talk with dad about it if you want. He works there after all, he could know something." I nodded. "Sounds good, thanks!" 
 
I was on my way back upstairs when I ran into John. "Good morning Miss Emily.  Slept well?" He asked. "Yes, thank you for asking. How about you?" I lied. In fact I had barely slept at all because of the incident from last night. "Just wonderfully. Have you planned anything for today?" I shook my head. "To be honest, I don't have anything planned for the next two weeks until my school starts." I replied. "Well if you would like to, I'll be going to the town soon. You're welcome to join me." He offered. "Oh that sounds great. Would be nice to see around a little. I slept when Damian drove me here so I didn't see much." I took the offer. "I'll be ready in 15 minutes, is that okay?" I confirmed. "Yes, perfect. I'll wait for you at the car." 
 
He was waiting for me by the car as promised. He opened the door for me like a gentleman would before getting on the drivers seat. "Anything specific you would like to see or do?" He asked as we set off. "I only have to stop by at the post office and pick up some groceries for Gemma. For the rest of the day, I can drive you where ever you wish to go." I'll probably never get used to this, having a private driver and all. But I guess I shouldn't even. Would be weird returning to Korea after getting used to this luxurious lifestyle. "There's nothing specific I wanna do. I'll just tag along and get to know my surroundings if that's all right?" I asked. "That's perfectly fine. Just let me know if you think of something then." He said.
 
The town was pretty small. In Korea, me and mother had lived in Seoul so this countryside town felt tiny. There was only few stores, basically only the necessary ones. Also saw a bar called The Slug and Lettuce. It was funny. who ever named the bar must've been crazy.  "Could you show me the school I'll be attending to?" I asked John. "Yes of course, it's not far from here." And so we started heading there. The school apparently was far enough that I'd need a ride there, walking would take way too long. He stopped the car outside the gates. It was cute. The school that is. It was L shaped wooden building. The walls were painted in light blue and there was a vine climbing on the walls. If I didn't know it was a school I would've thought it's someones home. A big home. I sighed. Two more weeks and I'd start coming here. Honestly, I was a little scared. Maybe I wouldn't fit in. I tried not to worry too much but it was a little hard. "You're worried aren't you?" John asked. How does he always seem to know? "A little yea." I confessed. "It's going to be fine. People in this town are friendly." He tried to reassure me. I gave him a faint smile. "If they're even close to how nice the people at Garys house are, it should be okay. Should we head back then?" I asked. "Okay, let's pick up the groceries and go home. And he started driving
 
 
"Hyung, is he still in his room?"  Hyung Jun asked. Kyu Jong nodded. Jung Min had been moody since last night. "Just let him be." Young Saeng said. "This isn't the first time, he just needs a little bit of time. And privacy," The younger ones didn't reply, but neither did they go bother him.
 
Jung Min was looking out of the window. It was  sunny day. Sunny days were beautiful but being in the sunlight was uncomfortable. The vampire stories often said vampires would die if they were exposed to the sunlight but that wasn't true.They could go out on sunny days if they wanted to but sunlight felt very uncomfortable on their cold skin. He walked over to his bookshelf. He had read all of the books on it many times already, but on days like this, he always ended up reading since he didn't want to go outside. He picked a book, and started reading.