Eight.

The Night and the Sun

 

”But I love you.”
”Do you even have a heart? Monster.”
”I mean it.”
”How can a monster love a human?”
”…”
”You’ve lied to me all this time.”
”..Please..”
”Goodbye.”
 
A knock on the door woke Jung Min. Well he wasn't exactly sleeping but something close to it. Close enough that he had a dream. Or more like a flashback, since it had happened before.
 
 
Thursday evening, and I’m bored. Everyone is out to some party. They did ask me to join them but I didn’t wanna intrude. It probably would’ve been awkward to go to a strangers birthday party. But I guess in time, I’d also become part of this town, which seemed to be like a big family. At least I hope I’d become part of it, someday. My thoughts wandered to the two Korean guys. Wonder if they are there too? Probably not, right? Would it be weird if I stopped by at their house? I really wanted to get to know them, and I really am bored. And well, even if they thought it’d be too much if I drop by there.. What’s the worst that can happen? What would I lose? It’s worth a shot! I jumped up from the couch I was laying on and started heading outside.
 
The forest was hard to walk in. And to be fair, I wasn’t exactly sure where their mansion was, but I had an idea.  The trees were really close to one another, as if they didn’t wanna let you pass. The branches constantly tried to hit me, so I had to be very careful. After twenty minutes I was wondering if I was going totally wrong way. I had been walking long enough that I didn’t wanna turn back though. I might be close, I thought to myself. Just a little bit more and if I don’t find it I’ll go back. As I was ready to give up I saw a fence. It was dark brown coloured and not in very good shape. I guess they’re lazy to take care of their property huh? I followed alongside the fence till I found a gate. It was open. I went through the gate and looked around. It was like a mini forest inside. The road was covered with uneven flat rocks, I kept following it. I hope they don’t mind my surprise visit. What would I do if they didn’t like it? As I worried, I saw big wooden building showing up in horizon. That must be it! I was happy I finally found it. I forgot my worries and hurried towards the house. I didn’t see a door anywhere, so I started walking around the house, to look for it. As I was looking around, I realized it was even bigger than Garys house. ”What’s up with these rich English people..” I mumbled. It seemed like everyone around here has too much money. I finally found the door and knocked on it. No answer. I knocked again with more strength.
 
Who could it be? None ever comes here so what is this now? Kyu Jong thought as he was moving towards the door. He could sense it was a human.
 
They’re not home? Just my luck. I came all the way here for nothing. I was about to leave when the door opened. I was face to face with someone I had never seen before. So there’s more than two of them? ”Hello, I hope I’m not bothering you. But I’m looking for Kim Hyung Jun, is he here? Do I have the right place?” I said politely. And he just stared at me like I was a ghost or something. I waved my hand in front of his face. ”Hello?” No reaction.
 
”You.. You’re.. bleeding..” Kyu Jung was stuttering. She reeks of blood, he thought. He was in a shock. Controlling himself, was hard. The urge of pulling her in and have a taste of her blood was much too strong.
 
 
Something is wrong, Young Saeng could sense it. Smell of blood? He moved towards the source of the smell as fast as he could, right on time to pull Kyu Jong away from a human before he would’ve lost it. ”Get a grip of yourself.” he whispered. Kyu Jong nodded tiny bit as he was trying to fight his nature. He wasn’t very good at controlling himself when he smelled blood. The rest of the group could manage more or less, but he never learned how to resist it. Young Saeng turned to the girl and realized she was the same girl they met at the store. ”What are you doing here?” He asked with annoyed tone. The girl blushed out of embarrassment. ”I.. Umm.. I didn’t mean to bother, just..” She stopped in the middle of the sentence and locked her eyes on something behind Young Saeng. He turned his head to see Jung Min staring at the girl as well. "Jung Min, take Kyu Jong away." He said and pushed him towards Jung Min. It took him a few seconds to do what Young Saeng had told him to, but eventually he did.  When Jung Min and Kyu Jong were gone, Young Saeng turned back to the girl. "I'm sorry. Kyu Jong is very weak when it comes to blood, he can't tolerate seeing any of it." He said, and pointed at a scratch on her hand. He wasn't lying. But of course a human would think differently. They'd think he's afraid of blood or something, not that he desires it very strongly. And in all honesty, the smell bothered Young Saeng a lot too, but he was good at controlling himself. In his mind, he was cursing Hyung Jun to the lowest pits of hell.
 
"Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't even realize. I came through the forest. I guess a branch hit me or something." I apologized. "It's ok now. But what are you here for? Hyung Jun isn't home if you're looking for him." He said. He definitely didn't like me, I could easily tell. "Mhmm, I should probably get going then.." I said and was about to leave when I realized what I had just seen. "Hey. That person just now. Not the one who can't stand blood but the other one. Who is he?" I asked. He looked at me and his face had ~It's none of your business~ written all over it. "He's Park Jung Min, my younger brother, why?" He replied, even though I was sure he didn't wanna continue talking to me any longer. "I've seen him before.." I mumbled. "Emily?" I heard someone call my name behind me. I turned around and saw Hyung Jun and yet another unknown person. "So it is you! Hello there!" Hyung Jun continued cheerfully. The other person didn't say anything, he just bowed at me. "Hey, I was actually looking for you." I said with a smile.
 
Oh she came looking for me? And she's bleeding. Just a tiny bit but this is definitely not the right place for her to be right now, Hyung Jun thought. He looked at the two older ones and neither of them seemed very happy. "Wells! Should we go take a walk then?" Hyung Jun said. "My hyungs have some stuff to do around the house so.. We'd just be on the way." Emily just nodded as a response and turned to face the two older ones. "I'm sorry to have bothered you!" And the two of them left.