Fourteen.

The Night and the Sun

 

"You can do this!" I told to my reflection in the mirror. I was nervous enough that I even paid attention to what I was wearing, how my hair was tied up, just everything, even though I was only going to have breakfast downstairs. "Be strong. It'll soon be over." I whispered and turned around. Time to go down. Even though it was just casual breakfast with family, it felt more like I was walking into a cave with fire breathing dragon in it.
 
I sat down to the spot I always did. They hadn't arrived yet. A spark of hope came over me. Maybe they wouldn't come and I'd get the easy way out of this? And then, Annabel walked in with a big pile of food, followed by Ashley and Paige. Guess I was happy too soon. But Gary wasn't around yet. That's still positive. Paige sat down on the chair right in front of me, "Good morning." She said while smiling happily. "Did you sleep well?" I forced out something that hopefully resembled a smile. "Yes, thank you for asking." I replied. The fake smile was already hurting my cheeks. "So, we haven't officially met before. I'm Paige Moore." She said and offered me her hand. I shook it  a little. "I'm Emily." I was hoping she'd stop talking as Ashley was putting  the food on the table for us to eat but no. "Dad won't be able to make it. But he'd love to have dinner with us later tonight. That okay with you? Or do you already have some plans?" I wanted to say that I had a lot of plans for this evening even though, I had none. I mentally slapped myself for being such a coward. "No, no plans at all." She seemed genuinely happy about my response. "That's great! It's set then." She said cheerfully. She didn't seem like a bad person at all. I felt bad for my behaviour, and thoughts. I sighed. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude, but I'm still kind of progressing the thought of having siblings. I've only known for so long. I actually found out the very same day I arrived here." She gently smiled at me and said. "It's fine really. Take your time. I've known for a long time, and I always wanted to meet you. But I had promised father that I wouldn't tell anyone that I knew." Yup, she definitely seems like a good person. Maybe having siblings wouldn't be so bad after all?
 
We ate, talked, started to get to know each others. We both agreed that we wouldn't force a sibling relationship, we'd start as friends, and we'll see where it takes us. She had been honest about everything. How hurt she had been when she found out about me but she didn't take a long time to forgive her father. And since she forgave him, she already thought of me as her little sister. What I found a little off, was that she didn't mention her brother, Payton at all. Maybe their relationship wasn't as good as I had understood from the stories people around the household had told me, or maybe she just didn't want to overwhelm me. 
 
 
"Jiyoung?" Jung Min said when he saw familiar figure outside their house. The girl met his eyes and smiled brightly. "Jung Min oppa! Hi!" Four others looked at Jung Min and Jiyoung curiously. "This is Park Jung Min, we met two years ago, before I met you guys." Jiyoung introduced. Gyuri, Hara, Nicole and Seungyeon politely introduced themselves and Jung Min did the same. "So what are you here for? Missed me?" Jung Min asked with a flirty grin on his face. Jiyoung seemed a bit embarrassed. "No actually I had no idea you live here. You live with someone? Cause my sisters met some people that supposedly live here." Jung Min pretended to be hurt but his chuckle ruined it. "I live with four others, which ones are you looking for?" Gyuri looked at Jung Min and said. "We don't know their names. We just had a bit of a conflict. We're leaving town and wanted to stop by to make sure there won't be any grudges." Jung Min nodded. "Well the guys are inside. Let's go in." And the five girls followed Jung Min inside.
 
Hyung Jun was the first one they saw, and he was likely the last person they wanted to see. The second he saw Gyuri walking through the door he grabbed a vase from the table and threw it at her. He didn't hesitate at all. Gyuri wasn't expecting it at all, so she got hit full power into her stomach. She fell backwards and the vase fell in front of her, shattering into million pieces, some of them piercing Gyuris ice cold skin. Hara was the first one to react, she was about to attack Hyung Jun but Jung Min was quick enough to catch her. "Stop." Jung Min said. Jiyoung and Nicole seemed to ignore his words and approached Hyung Jun. "I mean it. Stop." He repeated himself loudly. Jiyoung stopped and Nicole hesitated. "You son of a ." Gyuri grunted as she got up. She was mad. She and Nicole both moved towards Hyung Jun who was ready to retaliate, but both of the girls got caught by Young Saeng. "What the hell is going on here?" He asked. "That, I'd like to know as well, you're being so loud." Kyu Jong said after entering the room. "Mind explaining? Anyone?" He continued while letting his eyes register everyone in the room. "He threw a ing vase at Gyuri, out of nowhere." Hara said with a pissed off tone. She wanted to rip him apart. "Well, that wasn't necessary." Hyun Joong said quietly. "But of course, I do see why he's angry. Now everyone, what about your manners? Behave already. I'm sure there's better ways of solving this than breaking expensive vases, hmm?" He continued. Young Saeng and Jung Min let the girls go and they were still eyeing Hyung Jun, but didn't dare to do anything.
 
Hyung Jun explained why he reacted the way he did to the other guys, and the girls apologized and seemed to be sincere about it. They didn't wanna fight, neither did they wanna harm Emily, or any other human being. Hyung Jun was very protective of his friends and family, so he had hard time believing it. But Jung Min trusted Jiyoung, so he gave them a chance. After everything was neatly solved, the girls were getting ready to leave. They said their byes and walked out. Outside Jiyoung stopped and looked back at the house, with a sorrowful look. Seungyeon patted her shoulder and asked. "What's wrong? Something bothering you?" Jiyoung shook her head and forced out a faint smile. "It's nothing. Let's go."
 
 
The dinner, was a catastrophe. At least for me. We've been sitting here, in this much too expensive restaurant, for half an hour now. And Gary has been completely ignoring my presence. Paige keeps trying to pull me into conversations but I quickly get dropped since Gary keeps talking about Paiges studies only. She is going to become a vet it seems. The determination from this morning is all gone now, I just wanna vanish.