Sixteen.

The Night and the Sun

 

"Emily." I froze on the spot. "Have dinner with me tonight?" It was Gary speaking.  I slowly lifted my eyes from the newspaper to meet his, eyes almost identical to mine. He didn't look like the person I had dinner with before. He was looking straight into my eyes, not avoiding them. He was talking to me, not ignoring my presence. And his eyes, didn't have that almighty look in them, he looked like.. Just a regular person. He had changed his neat suit to comfortable jeans and plain T-shirt too. It changed the feeling a lot. "Why?" I replied quietly. He didn't seem to understand my question. "Why now?" I repeated myself. "We should get to know each other a little? We are family after all." He said as it was obvious. "Just because we share the same blood, we should get to know each others?" I felt stinging pain in my chest. "Just because eighteen years ago, you happened to meet a woman and cheated on your wife with her, and got her pregnant, and now happen to have an extra daughter. And now we should get to know each other? That's the only reason?" He sighed. "It's not exactly like that. There's nothing I can say, or do. There is no way to explain." I realized  that I only wanted him to tell me he wanted to get to know me, not that we should get to know each others. I wanted him to tell me he's sorry for all the years he had missed, and he'd do better in the future. That's what I wanted, even though I kept telling myself otherwise. I kept telling myself that I don't want a thing from him, neither do I need him. "I rather not." I told him, stood up and left.
 
 
Hyung Jun was wondering how Emily was doing after what happened the other day. He was sitting by the fireplace, watching the fire eat up the wood. He threw in few more blocks and sat back down. "We're going to restock on blood. Young Saeng said. He was standing by the door. "Who's going with you?" Hyung Jun asked. "Hyun Joong." Hyung Jun nodded. "Be safe." Young Saeng shook his head. "I should be the one telling you that, maknae. We'll be back in couple of days, remember to keep low profile. And, be extra careful around that girl." Hyung Jun promised to do so.
 
They had to travel pretty far to fill their blood supplies.There was couple of blood banks that were pretty shabbily taken care of, so no one would notice if they stole some. They weren't happy about the fact that they needed to steal in order to live, but it was better option than feeding on humans. If they fed off humans they'd need to kill them afterwards, or else their cover would be blown, instantly. 
 
"Huhu? Anyone home?" Hyung Jun heard familiar voice by the front door.  "Hey Aoi! Been a while." He heard Jung Min greet her. "Yes, it had been too long again. Is Kyu home?" She asked. Hyung Jun smiled. They should get out now. It was very rare that those two got to meet and spend time together, he didn't want to bother them. He got up and walked to the front door. "He's not back yet but he should be soon. Just go in and wait for him. Jung Min and I are going out." Hyung Jun said.  "You don't need to because of me." She said while smiling. Both of the guys shook their heads. "Don't worry about it." Jung Min said. "I have something to do anyway." Hyung Jun added. "Okay then. I'll see you two later." She said and went inside. "So what are you going to do now?" Jung Min asked Hyung Jun. "I'm gonna call Emily and see how she's doing." 
 
 
Hyung Juns name was flashing on my phone.
 
"Hello?"
"Hey, it's me."
"Yeah.. What's up?"
"How are you doing?"
"I'm good."
"Your head okay?"
"Ya. What are you up to?"
"Nothing at all. Got kicked out of the house cause Kyu Jongs girlfriend came over."
"Ooh, wanna grab dinner then?"
"Sure. Mind if Jung Min tags along?"
"Not at all."
"See ya there then."
"Yup, I'll be there."
 
They were already there when I arrived. The restaurant was rather empty and quiet, only two other tables were taken besides ours. "Hey, hope you didn't wait long." I said. "Not at all." Hyung Jun replied. "Have a seat." Jung Min said and pulled the chair for me. A smirk formed on Hyung Juns face. "Aww! Such a gentleman." He teased Jung Min and winked at me. Jung Min pretended to hit him on the back of his head. I rolled my eyes. "Maybe you should learn from him." I said and stick my tongue out. They both laughed at my reaction. "So you really seem fine. I was worried." Hyung Jun said while we were browsing the menus. I raised my shoulders. "Why wouldn't I be?" I asked. "Well you did look rather shocked.. Aish, nevermind. Let's not talk about it anymore. As long as you're okay." I gave him a smile. "I'm really okay. Believe me." He nodded and focused on the menu again. Even though I'm okay, I still am sure there's something weird going on, I thought.
 
 
Kyu Jong walked in the house and found Aoi laying on the couch. He dropped his jacket he was holding the same second he realized it was her. She smiled. "You're.. back." Kyu whispered. She nodded. Kyu was looking at her. Her facial features. Her round face, cute round eyes, long eyelashes, kissable lips. She stood up, walked over to Kyu Jong, wrapped her arms around him and inhaled his sweet scent. "I've missed you." She whispered into his chest.