Twelve.

The Night and the Sun

 

"Where's Hara and Jiyoung?" We're going to need them here if those guys want to fight about this." Gyuri asked Seungyeon who was still watching the door, making sure those guys weren't coming back. When she was sure they had left she replied. "They should be here by tomorrow, around sunset. But I don't think those guys have any intention to fight. I'm more worried about the girl. How much did she exactly hear, or see?" Both of them turned their heads to look at Nicole. She shook her head in disbelief. "I have no idea how that happened. They never woke up so fast. I guess I screwed up somehow, but I can't figure out how. Maybe I just can't control myself well enough yet, I'm sorry." She said. Gyuri nodded. "It's okay. Don't worry, there's nothing we can do about it now."
 
 
Getting out of that building released all the stress. Tears started rolling down my cheeks. I quietly wiped them away but it was no use. They just kept flowing down. I was hoping the boys wouldn't notice so I was trying to be as quiet as possible.  For a while I thought I had succeeded in hiding them but I was wrong. Hyung Jun stopped and turned around. "Are you okay? Really?" He asked and took one step towards me. 
 
She looks terrified.Poor thing, Hyung Jun thought. He just wanted to hug her and tell her she's safe now. Nothing would hurt her when they were around. But he didn't dare. She had pulled away last time he touched her and he didn't wanna scare her any more than she already is. He stood there, hesitating. He wasn't even sure what he should say. "Are you okay? Really?" Was all that he could think of saying, even though it was obvious that she wasn't okay. He looked at his hyung, hoping for some help. Hyun Joong got the hint and stepped next to Emily. He placed his hand on her shoulder and waited few seconds for her reaction. She inhaled air sharply, as if she was surprised, or scared, but she didn't push his hand away.Hyun Joong took it as good sign and started talking. "There is nothing to worry about now, don't be afraid. They had mistaken you for someone else they were supposed to catch." He was lying but it's not like he had a choice. Hyung Jun and Hyun Joong were both very honest and lying wasn't at all natural for them. Hiding things yes, that's given, but lying, no. She didn't say anything. She just quietly wept. "Emily?" Hyung Jun tried. No reaction. "Do you wanna keep walking? We'll pretend we never saw your tears if that's what you want." Hyun Joong said while looking at Hyung Jun. He was pretty sure his younger friend wouldn't be able to ignore crying girl, even if she wanted to be left alone, but it seemed like there was no other way. Emily nodded. "Yes, please." At the same time Hyung Jun shook his head and stepped forward. "Emily? Don't make me do that, please." He whispered. He carefully took her hand in between his. Hyun Joong shot an angry glare at Hyung Jun. He just ignored it. "Why.. Are you hands.. So cold?" Emily asked slowly. She didn't pull her hand away, even though you could tell by the look on her face that she was afraid. Hyung Jun ignored his question. "What happened in there? What kind of language was that? What was that.. Horrifying voice?" Am I going crazy?" Questions started coming out of , one after another until Hyun Joong stopped her. "What do you mean? What voice?" He gave Hyung Jun another angry look. The younger one knew he'd better shut up now or he would be in big trouble. "In there.. I heard weird language, and loud inhuman voice." She was stuttering. Hyung Jun touched her head. "Did you hit your head? Does it hurt?" He asked. Emily shook her head. "Really! Tell me!" She yelled and stepped away from both of them. 
 
I'm sure of what I heard. Looking at them, they don't look like liars, but I know I heard something weird. "And how did you know I was there?" I asked. This was getting all too weird. "We got lucky and saw them carrying you there, unconscious." Hyung Jun replied. "Them?" I questioned him. "Yes." He sounded very confident. I clearly remember bumping into one of them though. But it's not impossible that two others weren't close enough for me to see. I sighed. There's something fishy going on here but they're not gonna tell me. I gave up. "I guess I was imagining then." I mumbled. "I wanna go home."
 
 
Hyun Joong had his doubts. He didn't believe she actually bought their lies. He was sitting in his room, in the second floor of their mansion. Young Saeng was sitting on a chair few metres away from him. "Young Saeng." He said. Young Saeng raised his eyes from the book he had been eyeing, and met Hyun Joongs eyes. "We have to keep close watch on that girl. She knows, or thinks that she knows, too much." Young Saeng didn't say anything, just mouthed the words, I told you so, and got up. He got the hint and was going to head over to Moores house, to keep an eye on that girl.